Code of conduct is misleading

Have you logged out and back into the forums since it ended?

1 Like

Actually idk… I’ll try now

Didn’t work. Still can’t post gifs :disappointed_relieved:

According to the new forum guide sticky, in general, you can’t get trust level 3 if you have been suspended from forums or in game

No, I had trust level 3 already… look at my post count, ofc I had it forever :joy: Got a 1 day suspension about a month ago

Right, and you can’t get it again because of the suspension

I might need a link for that. Seems a bit harsh for a 1 day suspension which wasn’t even warranted

New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features
It is in general discussion, it is one of the stickies

1 Like

Rest, guilty for that flying over my head. I was equating the 5 forum flags and the suspension as the same thing.

We’ve been seeing this pop up a lot, this week. Did you try to appeal it? They do make mistakes from time to time-- it’s what makes them human. If it was in error and was successfully appealed, the black mark should have been removed from your account.

1 Like

I am not seeing anything about if you are level 3 already and not regaining it back…

Nope, it was 24 hours…

Under the requirements for Trust 3

Ehhhhh, it boils down to semantics in this case, I would think. Your suspension dropped you down to TL2, you would have to get back to TL3. You can’t get back because of that suspension.

1 Like

Wow, seems easily abused

Not trying to rain on your parade, or anything, but I can’t say that I agree. Blizzard has always followed internal policy in regards to what does and does not violate rules, both in-game and on the forums. If it hadn’t run afoul of them, nothing would have happened. It’s still quite possible that it didn’t, but I think it’s too late to appeal the decision, now.

I’m just a little shocked that you didn’t bother to appeal it if you didn’t think it was warranted.

It was silly and a whole 24 hours. Did not think it would take away custom links and stuff otherwise I would have. Good to know though. Btw, I stay away from General Discussion as much as I can :joy:

May have been silly to you, but might not have been for the average bystander.

There are vague rules in place yes. I have been on the other end of the stick as well :rofl:

Sometimes you may have to double or triple check what you type as at first glance you may not find it to be offensive or obscene as you probably never intended it to be. This most likely happened to your last post.

Go and read those forum COCs just about everything in there can be tied to something. And as someone stated be careful and realize that everything you type will be potentially reviewed/targeted by trust levelers as well as moderators and whomever.

Censor your own personality if you have any reason to go even slightly controversial; unfortunately that is how it has to be at this point…

2 Likes

The purpose of the Code of Conduct is to provide a general guide on what behavior is and isn’t allowed. It is not going to list out every possible rules violation, or every word you can’t use.

Our moderators are not operating in a vacuum either. They read the post that is reported, the conversation it’s associated with and handle it as necessary. Just because something is reported as harassment doesn’t mean it actually is harassment - and something that doesn’t contain vulgarity can be considered inappropriate just as though it did.

We find that folks think they can get away with insulting others just because they use nice words to do so. Our moderators are tasked with helping to keep the forums a welcoming place for constructive discussion about the game. If you can stick to that, you shouldn’t have any issues.

I’m going to go ahead and lock this topic though. I think we’ve reached the point where it becomes unproductive to continue.

8 Likes