ClassicLFG

I really think a lot of people are not getting this. The vast majority of social experiences and lasting friendships came from the journey to the instance(especially on PvP server), and completing the instance(which took much more time and effort than current LFG dungeons in retail). This addon will make those experiences easier to attain.

You are not automatically matched, you are not teleported, you aren’t judged by some gear score etc. I honestly do not understand how people are against addons.

The scary thing about LFG is the automatic group creator, cross realm, and teleport to dungeon, and none of that is in this addon.

60 Likes

It creates a functionality that wasn’t in Vanilla. There was never a drop-down menu to sift through groups for you, and it will be banned on the spot.

If you’re really interested in a LFG functionality, go to the meeting stone. Thanks!

100 Likes

I agree. We need LFG. I would also like more races. 8 just isn’t enough. And leveling before cataclysm takes too long. I want those quests instead. Let’s also get flying mounts. Let’s get our mounts at level 20 too. And the mounts are too expensive and there aren’t enough of them. Oh, and I did like Grizzly Hills. I think we need some more zones. I really liked some of the raids later on in WoW. Let’s add those too. What if we had LFR? That’d be neat. And I want more classes.
Other than that let’s keep WoW Classic as authentic to vanilla as possible.

75 Likes

addons were a huge part of Classic and if this addon existed in Classic it would have been hugely popular.
Sorry but if you don’t like this (or any other) addon then don’t use it, there will still be the vast majority of players in Classic not using it.

20 Likes

It was in vanilla. We discussed this yesterday.

24 Likes

Blue post?

8 Likes

A lfg menu existed in Vanilla? Where? Show me.

9 Likes

I’m not so sure you’re right about it being banned.

1 Like

As I explained yesterday, there were several vanilla addons that did this. Your response was “I don’t care about semantics”. Well, maybe you should.

10 Likes

There’s already a thread about this.

2 Likes

It could have been created though, its just wasn’t (Or, if was, was in low enough circulation it didn’t have anyone using it)

From a purely technical standpoint all that’s happening is a message is being sent to a chat channel, that the addon then interprets in a certain way to clarify the group being searched for

That’s functionality that’s been in the game forever. The various RP addons have used this ever since Vanilla

um, excuse me, this is the authentic Classic experience. No one used the meeting stone. Ever.

12 Likes

Show me instead of just claiming opinions. Seems like you’re still seething about being proved wrong yesterday, so I’ll let it slide.

1 Like

I believe the inn keepers had something like a lfg thing you had to be a certain level to see it and it barely used.

4 Likes

Woah dude no way! It’s almost like I pointed that out in my first post.

2 Likes

Anything that requires you to have an addon to get a group should be banned. If 50% of the people use a grouping addon, I’ll be forced to use it as well.

3 Likes

Well, the innkeepers had a rudimentary group finder, and the WoW API allowed for this sort of thing. Check out the “Call to Arms” addon from vanilla which was one addon that did this.

have fun!

6 Likes

folks are a lot smarter now about writing addons, than they were in the early days of WoW. It is not surprising that the addons will reflect the increased ability to write a worthwhile, useful add-on.

3 Likes

You don’t know how this addon even works, do you? Did you get triggered from the letters “LFG” in it?

8 Likes

The way it worked in Vanilla was it put you in a queue for the dungeon and matched you with random people. It wasn’t a dropdown menu for you to sift, much like the manual part of the “LFG” feature in retail. There’s the door, again.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t find a LFG system to be bad or anti-classic…

CLASSIC HAS A LFG SYSTEM…

No one used it… but it has it…

The important thing is everyone needs to meet up at the instance themselves. No instance ports…

The actual LFG spam in trade or the region doesn’t add to the classic experience, or at least having less of that isn’t a big deal… in my opinion

3 Likes