Classic WoW shouldn't have an armory

That would never provide full and complete character data because it would require an add-on inspect every single player you get near because in game add-ons do not talk to the server directly.

I doubt blizzard will allow that because it could potentially cause latency in high population areas with all the calls to “inspect”.

Mythic + doesn’t exist in vanilla. Mythic + is made artificially hard by lazy affixes.

Blizzard coming on in with their High IQ quality end game content for dungeons. “Let’s just make it so the mobs have more health and do more damage. Omg we can also make them do things people hate like leave pools of bad where corpses fall!”

2 Likes

I just don’t see any way they don’t have an armory. Its a total non issue to myself, but I wouldn’t see it being a big deal to have a website with the armory. When was the armory added?

And the absurdity that they’re just a speed run…

Bring an AE class if you want to compete and the tank that fits the meta.

2 Likes

If Blizzard doesnt have an armory, some third party website will.

1 Like

Was added in TBC with the pre-patch. It’s actually a huge issue because it’s something that undermines the game at its core.

3 Likes

I was trying to find info to, because I swear I could use it in 1.11 or something. It was in Beta, but I can’t find that date.

1 Like

There is a difference between an armory existing and someone using a database to create a dating app for people with no friends

1 Like

An interesting point of note… The original “Armory” TBC / Wrath was better by 100X than the present one.

The original armory had all kinds of interesting character stats… However that kind of thing is destructive to the Vanilla gaming experience.

TBC beta is not the same as Live servers tho… (oh edit, you mean it was in beta… and you’re right it was in Beta through Wrath)

It launched Live on the TBC pre-patch for all players to use.

1 Like

If raiderio and others creep up it will not be a true classic experience and thus we cannot call it classic anymore

5 Likes

we Are essentially playing the pre patch to tbc so the experience is already bent

1 Like

Raider.io simply wouldn’t work for classic. The most it could do is show you how many times you’ve completed a dungeon (and only if the classic API tracks end of dungeon boss kills)

4 Likes

If it wasnt in the 1.1-1.12 timeline, probably shouldnt be added. Thanks for the info man.

3 Likes

I guess achievements won’t be in Classic then

Yea? Whats your point? They shouldn’t be.

2 Likes

just an observation, not everything is an attach bruh

I was actually asking. I know that came off like I was defensive about it.

Its gear score on steroids.

This is for making sure trash mods like raider io from retail dont infest classic, and I agree with it. Let them inspect you. But no armory.

4 Likes

Raiderio is only trash, If you are trash. I mean honesty, is honesty.

1 Like