Classic wow character transfer

Good Morning,

I am posting here in regards to my free character transfer. The character has been stuck for over 15 hours now. I have also created a ticket but its been almost 14 hours on that as well with no response. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

I am glad you’ve put in a ticket.

This is the 3rd report I’ve seen, which is odd - because I’d expect to see a LOT more if the system was broken. What has happened is an excellent question, something we’ll look into. This morning is the first I’ve ever seen this come up at all.

4 Likes

I can tell you there are at least 4 people from my guild alone that are having the same issue. I appreciate you looking into the matter.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat as you are. 12 hours ago, from Faerlina to Earthfury, and it still hasn’t went through. Really thought the maintenance would’ve taken care of it.

1 Like

I am also stuck waiting for my transfer to complete… it has been about 14 hours or so on my side from Stalagg to Heartseeker.

i to am stuck trying to get from Herod too Heartseeker

1 Like

Fairbanks (H) to Earthfury H) here.

Can we get some kind of update to this mess, or a blue post? Any indications as to how long this issue will continue? Is there actually something wrong or is the transfer service just inundated atm?

1 Like

I asked this be looked into. I can’t give you a timeframe.

It may just be backup in the system, there was a flood of these, sometimes it just backs up a bit.

We shall see.

2 Likes

Thank you for being so active on the forums for us! Please keep us updated, I’m literally just sitting on a level 1 alt waiting for it to go through…

Seriously, thank you so much for being active out here! Hopefully this gets resolved soon!

Much appreciated

Lmao same here mate xD

Anyone’s character transfer go thru yet?

My character transfer has also been stuck for nearly 15 hours. The estimated time has been 1h 12m which just dropped to 1h 11m so something is definitely broken.

1 Like

Or simply clogged, as Orlyia took a guess at. When there is more to update, they’ll provide it here, so keep your eyes peeled! Hopefully everything will be resolved shortly.

1 Like

Yes, but that still doesn’t explain why the transfer ETA is completely broken. At the very least it should be reporting accurate times.

Mine went from 29 minutes to 28 minutes in the span of 10 hours. I’m inclined to agree that there might be an issue. Obviously, I know nothing about their internal workings, but I have a suspicion that the quick changes made to the Free Transfers might’ve messed something up (where they made some of the transfers Horde-only).

1 min = 10hours, Doesn’t seem like there is any type of urgency my eta is already doubled =( people blizz work on this i need to play lmao

1 Like

It’s just as slow for the ticket I put in. 1 day, 14 hour average. That’s disheartening. 2-3 days of missed gametime.

1 Like