Classic will fail due to layering - quote me on this in 2 months

a small crowd have been restarting over and over and over on various private server who keep shutting down not too long after their naxx clears.

assuming, of course, you aren’t a lunatic who think 10k pop on nostalrius was somehow impressive.

Need a way to ignore posters…I hate the op, sorry but I got no nice way to say it. He is an absolute drama queen in EVERY post.

You realize 04 blizzard is literally the reason why we have sharding and layering today…
“huurr let’s just throw more servers out” :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh i know the feeling you’re talking about! I get to enjoy it myself too on a regular basis. WoW is something i care about however. Not the biggest thing, but enough because it’s had a significant impact on me, enough to still make me wanna write these posts on the forums either in a more goofy or dramatic way, whatever i feel like. Because i just describe my opinions or personal experiences - it’s not a surgical report. Therefore i use a much more loose style of writing/talking.
Much more fun to post this way than to write a serious essay on a game i’m not even working on myself and have pretty much no control over.
This game is out of our hands at the end of the day.

Yet spending a bit of time on talking openly about something i know is making my hobby (WoW) less great than it could be (aka layering), and damage Blizzards reputation even further if it turns out the way i and many others predict, is worth it for me still.
And i’ll do it in a WoW forum style way of posting, which of course is anything but professional…lol. Which is good, cause otherwise i’d probably go crazy :stuck_out_tongue:

Whatever way it turns out, i’ll have a Plan B and C ready for any situation (one of them involving waiting until the thing i don’t enjoy is gone), but i still hope that none of them will be needed because i know i and a lot of other old WoW fans would enjoy the game much more if it were left to be the way it was, aka #nochanges. :slightly_smiling_face:

Buhbye :wave:

if classic fails it probably wont be because of something like layering.

its way more likely to fail because it was bad. (in comparison to BC and Wotlk, still better than BFA)

those are rookie numbers, gotta pump those numbers bud!

How will you know if a game has failed in two months? Even if people don’t adopt it right away, that doesn’t mean 6 months later it won’t be a smash hit with people flocking in.

Did not one person posting about this topic truly understand
Blizzard said “Layering” won’t be permanent so just relax
Facepalm

2 Likes

Layering is only happening for like a month on launch, calm down buster.

Wishful thinking doesn’t build numbers.

And it might be. And by that time Layering will have been removed, and they will be adding new servers when demand becomes high enough just like Vanilla.

The cake is a lie!

Also a false analogy in the context presented.

Get used to seeing posts like OP’s. Lotta private server players who are desperate to justify their desire to play for free.

Yeah, stuff like this https://clips.twitch.tv/MushyAlluringGoldfishRedCoat
only happening for a few weeks or months after launch of Classic isn’t gonna a big deal at all. Indeed…ahh…time to sit back and relax and let 'em work it all out :tropical_drink::sunglasses::desert_island: What could go wrong?

I hear the op.
The op is wrong.

Well the “no”-s had me at right-click reporting. I’m sure they’ll have the auto-banning part as well. Also, they aren’t going to bring back wall hopping, which removes a lot of potential for exploration.

I mean as I was on the fence, I recalled what they did to twinks and what they did to classic supporters on the GD forums prior to the announcement. Pass. Blizzard touched into the realm of fantasy and that’s what hooked me.

– then it became a fantasy-themed slot machine. They fooled me 6 times, so really, it’s shame on me.

1 Like

Tis a line from a movie.

Im just being ridiculous, I very well understand all the numbers about this is guesswork.

the past decade+ of MMO clearly demonstrated that a game hit their peak subscriber shortly after release ( / massive content patch / expension).

hoping that WoW classic will slowly but surely grow after it’s release is going against all possible trends.

Really? When I did a search for active player numbers over the life of MMO’s I came to a site with many graphs showing that most of them seem to hit their peak 2-3 years after release.

How dare you speak of our darling Nostalrius that way. Don’t you know that 10k concurrent players worldwide, including bots is primo grade A proof that classic, will undoubtedly pull millions of subs and only grow from there!!!

1 Like