Classic will fail due to layering - quote me on this in 2 months

I have been gone from the forums for a while but wanted to make a final post on this subject. I have been playing dota underlords and tft and I’m honestly pretty addicted to the point where I just stopped caring about wow. I feel like this is the same for a lot of people - they watched the beta on streams, were hyped, but for one reason or another just aren’t interested anymore.

Layering, cross server bgs - these just aren’t what an mmo is for me. I want to be part of an actual world with a community. I don’t care if layering solves a problem, if it removes the reason for me to play the game then I won’t play. It’s not my job to figure it out. People don’t appreciate old blizzard enough - this company made GREAT games. If this was 2004 blizzard, they would definetly find a solution to the problem that is better than what we have now. But it’s not, it’s 2019 blizzard. If classic fails, the “you think you do but you don’t” crowd will be out in full force, companies aren’t going to make any old school mmos because they think there’s no demand, etc. But, I’ve honestly stopped caring. It’s a lost cause trying to fight against the tide.

{remobed}
But if they do not get rid of layering, I promise you that when the launch is out we are going to see launch numbers way below what’s expected. Every time a game has lost its chance in the spotlight it never recovers - see atlas, no mans sky, etc(games I played and quit).

31 Likes

Obligatory: See you on August 27th!

29 Likes

I won’t sub honestly if I’m still as addicted to tft as I am now. thats the truth. the mmo genre as a whole is about to lose its chance to fix things

1 Like

Will you publicly apologize and admit to being wrong when we do quote you on this in 2 months?

20 Likes

Classic will succeed due to layering - quote me on this in 2 months.

11 Likes

Yep, because what will happen when the numbers are low is that people will argue that classic was always a niche product and this was expected. Quote me on it for sure - this is exactly what the forums will look like along with people saying rose tinted goggles, nostalgia, and every other bs thing people always say.

1 Like

:rofl: In two months they won’t be posting on the forums. Too busy enjoying the game.

3 Likes

Feel free to quote me

2-3 million on launch, 400k stablized a few weeks later, growing to 500-600k within 3 months.

5 Likes

I will hold you to that.

3 Likes

I’m going to need you to define what low numbers are so we can call you out on it in 2 months.

Some people here have never had dual monitor setups and it shows.

Are you talking about The Greatest Comeback in Gaming History no mans sky or another no mans sky? I’m just trying to digest your informed and non-contradictory opinions. I also liked “If this was 2004 blizzard, they would definetly find a solution to the problem that is better than what we have now.”, because that clearly happened in 2004.

edit: Now that I think about, Final Fantasy 14 also got pulled offline and rebooted as a realm reborn much later… hmmm, I probably forgot because they never recovered from it, just like you said.

They will be too busy actually talking in-game to talk in a forum lol

So because you are such an entitled child that if you don’t get what you want: you will play an illegal version?

Let me rephrase it - classic wow was the most hyped game of the past few years. It could have or would have drawn in millions. The viewership during beta, the amount of people talking about it was HUGE. People wanted to play the game A LOT. The game isn’t even out yet and people have stopped talking about it and stopped caring. Do you not question why that is? No one has played the FULL version of the game and a lot of people are already over it.

Classic wow, the way things are currently going, is probably not going to draw in even a million players. It could have - everyone wanted to play this game. If it stabilizes at 400k like ellorael says that’s WASTED potential - and you should stop throwing around the august 27th meme since that assumes people will all be playing it. I will bet it doesn’t see a million players at launch.

I think that’s a pretty good guesstimate.

I’ll play what I want to play. I have no obligation to do anything. Blizzard is not a friend that has done anything for me - they are a corporation.

6 Likes

Entitled child to the max lol.

1 Like

So i’m entitled by playing a version of something that I want to play? Okay.

1 Like

No mans sky fixed a lot of problems but by that point no one cared.

2 Likes