Classic was great, BC was better

I doubt responding to just a 2 month old thread would be considered “necroing.” There are numerous threads on the front page of Classic forums from November/December as well.

And the infamous “You think you do, but you don’t” line was in response to a question about previous versions of the game–not strictly no-expansions. Burning Crusade still logically counts as Classic. And morally…there’s something really repulsive about seeing someone respond to previously being mocked and dismissed by paying it forward, as it were (“go ask for it for 10 years”).

2 Likes

Trying to say that Classic isn’t the best in a forum dedicated to players who desperately want to play Classic? The responses are as expected.

1 Like

BC is better than classic. WotLK is better than BC. Classic is better than all of the other expansions. Therefore: WotLK>BC>Classic>all the rest.

BC>Wotlk.
PvE wotlk>bc
PvP bc>wotlk

I have to rank wotlk less then bc because of the class changes that kept occuring in every patch talents being shifted back and forth destroyed a lot of builds I loved.
HP pools were too huge in wotlk for fresh levels as well.
BC health pools were somewhat huge but not as devastating for world pvp as wotlk was.

I think it is more nuanced than that though… to say WOTLK was greater than BC is a true enough statement but they are close enough that you can say BC did some things better than WOTLK.

Not true they didn’t force blizzard to balance everything around them.

Everything is pretty much balanced around raids now days which is why class design sucks, outside of one shotting monsters with bigger hp pools then you.

BC Resilience was awful they should of removed the reduce in crit chance.
Resilience was way bad for pvp in bc, some builds were very weak because of it.

I liked BC. It was fun. Karazhan was an amazing raid. Flying mounts were cool at first because we didn’t realize what a negative impact they had on the game. I will always prefer Vanilla over BC though.

1 Like

BC was nice all around with incredible zones, music and quests.

It did start taking us down a few rabbit holes though - Flying was a fantastic idea at first but overall made the world feel trivial and less important after hitting 70, Arenas were a interesting idea (small scale pvp fights) but were immediately a joke for me due to it being more ‘player versus pillar’.

Dailies in BC were pretty gnarly too - didnt much like those long term.

1 Like

False. You couldn’t even start your professions without classic materials, If you rolled a shaman,paladin,draenei or Belf you were in the old zones.

False. Shatt had no auction house and for people on lower grade PC’s was a perfect place to park your toon.

False. Dailies were something I did to get the rep then never touched them till achieves came out. They were small,unobtrusive and done quite quickly.

Also, in BC, by design, they were fun. Yay for bombing the Scourge on the Isle of Quel’Danas!

It wasn’t until WotLK that some genius at Blizzard said “since they’re going to do the daily quests anyway, let’s make them arduous!”

Wrath had some fun ones like the jousting, chasing down the right frogs and shooting the vrykul but overall they just oversaturated the game with them. Atleast once you hit exalted you could effectively cross that faction off your list.

Uhh… No.

Not even remotely.

Lol, what?

Finally something you’re saying is correct.

Obviously because Outlands was designed for flying mounts. But that doesn’t mean it should have been, or they didn’t detract from the game as a whole.

Ironforge > Stormwind > Goldshire > Shattrath City

You never played vanilla.

2 Likes

Im definitely a huge fan of BC, basically for the instances.

I liked Classic for the world, wandering around in huge open and dangerous areas with equally huge and FAR more dangerous dungeons.

But in BC the world was far more “streamlined,” as you say, and this was a major issue. Took a huge jump toward being a leveling treadmill rather than a world.

But the dungeons, Elune be praised… And Ogrila, and the raids… Top notch no question.

I would think we will get BC 2 years after classic if the player base wants it.

IMO, BC was the absolute high point in WoW. They polished all the rough edges in Vanilla without dumbing anything down, added a lot of really interesting encounters, and finally figured out how hybrid classes ought to fit into raiding. WotLK was even better lore-wise, and DK was a great addition, but they dumbed the gameplay down way, WAY too much.

3 Likes

did you get ogrila faction maxxed? if so, i salute you!

Honestly, I enjoyed WotLK more than I enjoyed TBC. But that’s probably because I played a Paladin and WotLK was THE expansion to be a Pally in.

OP, you have a good point. I really enjoyed TBC.

1 Like

TBC was the better game for the most part. Classes had more depth and viable specs, the PvP ladder was based on skill instead of who played the most in BGs, raids had more advanced and interesting mechanics, and raid progression for the later tiers wasn’t dependent on getting one person a key legendary (getting your MT TF was almost mandatory for AQ40/Naxx).