Classic was great, BC was better

IMO, BC hit the sweet spot in terms of content and gaming for WoW. It basically kept the core gameplay of Classic, but streamlined it for a better experience.

Questing wasn't much different (still needed groups for hard quests), dungeons were still challenging (no LFD, heroics could be very difficult), and the raids were plentiful and required less people (25 and 10)

Classes were much more balanced, specs were vastly improved (druids and paladins could finally tank and DPS as good as they could heal)

In PVP, arenas are one thing I don't know if they should have ever added TBH.

Some people might complain about the introduction of flying mounts, but I think it fit the expansion well.

Also, Shattrath City was a great city hub! I enjoyed spending time there.

Overall, I think it was the best WoW has ever been.
84 Likes
Wrong.
40 Likes
Flying, arenas, and reducing the raid size are why I personally will always prefer Classic.

I'd still play a TBC server if they made one, though.
27 Likes
Flying mounts

Resilience gear

Arena's

Shamans and Paladins not being faction specific anymore

4 reasons TBC was not better than vanilla
31 Likes
Yes, and after we have played Classic for 2 to 4 years, then we can talk about BC ; ) Right now it's CLASSIC.
13 Likes
BC is my favorite version of the game.
Classic being my 2nd.
26 Likes
Imo, I would disagree.

I enjoyed vanilla much more than BC. I do like some of the balancing, smaller raid groups and arena in BC, but I disliked the flying mounts, shattrath city and no longer being in azeroth.

Vanilla was when I had my first experience, first time exploring the world. I also liked the gear and the feel of the world in vanilla compared to BC.

Edit: I also hate how they killed 2hd enh sham, that's why I re-rolled to this pally at the start of BC. ... i now was able to hear lolret all the time haha
6 Likes
I loved Vanilla but my best memories are definitely from TBC. Not everything was good in TBC (well, the same thing can be said in Vanilla) but it corrected a lot of issues of Vanilla.

To me, Flying was not that much of an issue in TBC but the fact that they added it to Northrend afterward was.
So many zones were designed around Flying in TBC, it was very well done. And Nagrand without flying would have never been as beautiful as it was ...
Then arenas ... Well I was a big PvPer so I enjoyed them and at the time, the game was not so much plagued by the people asking each and every single spec to be viable in every single situation. You had a PvP spec, and a PvE spec, or at least PvP talents or PvE talents within a tree.

Resilience was not so good though ... It was too powerful. So yeah, I would play TBC with much pleasure after my journey in Vanilla
9 Likes
Agreed with OP
7 Likes
I like both versions of the game, I loved Outland. Going through the dark portal for the first time, playing the BE and Draenei starting zones with the old gameplay (just too easy nowadays), doing hellfire ramparts for the first time...memories.

Classic has an edge for world pvp because there's no flying and everyone is in the same 2 continents.
6 Likes
Some things where better. Pallys could tank. Heroic dungeons where fun. Heroes got some cool abilities, Hunter without modern disengage is less. Intercept on warriors was a great ability. A good warrior was fun to watch. Itemization on gear was starting to make sense.

Flying mounts where meh.. I hated the look of most of the zones (personally).

Love bc, love classic. Grateful to blizzard for the ability to play classic again. I would play retro servers up to cata tbh
8 Likes
I think BC was the sweet spot for me, but that's mainly due to Kharazan I think, having always been in a relatively small guild that was the closest group of friends and the best time we had.
12 Likes
I will tentatively agree that BC is slightly more fun than Classic, but that might just be because of how amazing the night that portal opened was. The chaos of that event was the most fun of any expansion launch.
6 Likes
BC for game play difficulty and systems.

Wrath for story integration with the world.

Never played vanilla ....yet :D
1 Like

agree’d classes were much more balanced with more working spec’s in TBC. but for now all we have is classic in the works.

5 Likes

I’m not sure I’d say strictly better. I definitely enjoyed both BC and Classic enormously.

Right now, for me, I think I’d probably rather have BC than Vanilla, but Vanilla is what we’re getting and I have no desire to change that. Maybe sometime in the future we’ll get BC, and then we’ll have both, and it’ll be great.

11 Likes

Personally, I wouldn’t say no to any expac pre-WoD (even cata).
May I just ask though: why the hatred for flying? (not that I’m suggesting to add it to vanilla or anything - #nochanges)
Is it because of PVP reasons or something else?

1 Like

BC was meh. Typical xpac. New small continent (10 zones) to gather the herd. Abandon old, larger world (40 zones). Single new city which made ghost towns of the rest.

Worst part of BC was addition of daily quests, which made WoW into a job - vile, disgusting feature.

10 Likes

Classic>TBC>Wrath>Legion>MoP>BfA>Cata>WoD

1 Like

BC was good no doubt, but lets see how classic plays out first, and maybe a BC server would work just as good.

3 Likes