Classic was great, BC was better

Oh badge gear wasn’t the issue at all. It was great for 99% of TBC. It gave you gear that was either on par or worse than t4 content which was great! It was when they made it so you could actually skip over 70% of the raids gear is when it got a little too silly.

Totally agree. I was one of the few who was unhappy when TBC came out, my first experience with an expansion cycle that wipes out whatever existed prior.

1 Like

False. Ten characters.

I agree with most of this, except for the part where you say Shatt was a great hub city. Holy crap, Shattrath was and is a garbage blur of a pile of khaki, boring garbage.

1 Like

Eh…BC was the start of the 3 boss loot hallway “dungeons”. I truly enjoyed the labyrinths that were the Classic dungeons.

5 Likes

Your opinion is wrong.

Flying mounts = cancer

I wouldn’t mind though if they add separate TBC/WOTLK servers while letting us play pure 1.12.

3 Likes

I know this thread is a few months old but I really do wish we get a BC server… I’ve been remembering and reliving some of my experiences and would love to play it again. It hit the sweet spot for me.

2 Likes

TBC sucks.

2 Likes

TBC was wonderful!
walking thru the portal to that alien world. 2 new interesting races. paladins and druids finally get some attention. the raids were fantastic. sunwell was the hardest raid in the history of the game if you dont count vanilla naxx. and karazhan …simply amazing. combine that with all the original vanilla content and it was a win-win

2 Likes

1-60 was a joke, all elites were erased, xp was too high. U were forced to skip zones. I hated seeing dranei and ghost wolfs all over on the alliance. Outlands was a themepark, Questing was made super easy, there was almost no exploration. It was all super packed. mana management was a joke while leveling 60 - 70. And so much more.

Same with gear while leveling, everyone was wearing the same. All geear was op. It was just so bad.

Oke raiding was nice but then u could say that tbc was all about the raiding.

3 Likes

I’ve always said that I’ve nothing against improving the talents or balance to bring about some sort of 1.5 TBC lite.

However, TBC itself is in a whole different ballbark. I would never play TBC itself. As for why, just for a few reasons:

• Arenas ruined Wow PvP. WoW PvP should never take place in arenas. To look at how PvP in WoW should be like, take a look at DotA. Even early AV is a good prototype(but not a complete form, thanks to too much of linearity of the map as well as some other issues).
  • Introduced flying, which killed off world PvP. Well, whatever little remained of it after they introduced the battlegrounds. It also destroyes the pacing of the world.
  • Depressing setting.
  • Invalidated all level 60 content.
  • Removed the HWL system.

There’s more reasons but these are the most pressing ones why I would never play TBC.

However, some sort of 1.5 TBC talents, or improving certain classes like Fury’s PvP viability, I’d be all in for. Just not TBC level of changes.

6 Likes

eek i dont agree with a thing you just said. lol but i also love vanilla so, i’m hoping if they do come out with tbc that’ll be a separate game with its own version of vanilla, and leave classic vanilla to be its own game, not impacted by tbc

1 Like

The only answer is what that guy said at blizzcon that started this: servers dedicated to the different expansions at the time of it’s release.

Maybe on the TBC one they can retcon the hack job they did to my boy Kael’thas. You still owe us all for what you did, Blizzard.

it’d be perhaps advantageous to classic tbc that if you want to play it, you first have to unlock it by playing thru classic vanilla and get to the portal unlocking level of 58, which would keep classic vanilla viable for longer, it wouldn’t feel as static. same for wrath. if you want to play wrath, you first have to play thru classic vanilla and unlock tbc. then play thru tbc till you unlock wrath at level 68. would still have to make all new characters though, as your classic vanilla/classic tbc chars would stay on classic vanilla/classic tbc.

in otw, it would keep the previous games from being stale, provide an influx of players who preferred tbc or wrath and essentially feel like 3 different wow games, since each expac changed the prior ones so dramatically.

i’d be happily tbc for as long as servers were up or money available or health/life available . i’m 60 and have rheumatoid arthritis in my hands but i’d play tbc with my feet if i had to. haha get me one of those voice activated programs.

1 Like

blink blink. hfp yeah but the rest of it was great, unique otherwordly and high fantasy landscapes. like zangarmarsh, netherstorm, nagrand, eversong, azuremyst, isle of quel’danas, the verdant groves nestled in the valleys and craters of blades edge, terokkar, even the strong themes of shadowmoon valley had their own otherworldly beauty.

i sound like an advertisement lol

No thanks. PvP was forever ruined in BC with the introduction of Arena, which was very detrimental to the game as a whole.

3 Likes

Classic was great, BC was better, Wrath was best :slight_smile:

TBC was the first step in the wrong direction. Flying mounts without the ability to engage in aerial combat, arenas that forced blizzard to balance everything around them, the god awful Resilience, smaller dungeons, smaller world as the old word was completely deprecated, start of diminishing the classes identities.

7 Likes

BC did improve on Classic especially where progression was concerned. There was an actual attempt to allow people to progress their character outside of the standard cookie cutter roles assigned to them in Classic. That said BC wouldn’t have been what it was without Classic.

Then go ask for it for 10 years in general discussion rather than necro a 2 month old thread in the wrong forum.