Classic TBC Servers down with no notice, again!

What could possibly be an emergency in a 15 year old game? Just unpoop what you pooped up on tuesday, and let us finish this stinkin expansion. Quit rushing things without testing.

Thanks for asking, but I’ve never used BNet to login, as it’s slow. I have 8 active accounts and so much faster for me to launch 5 copies of WoW in 5 seconds.

There just needs to be consistency in messaging. It needs to be in al three places then. (BNet App, Login Screen, and Twitter).

I know things are integrated so someone can enter it in one place, but they need to use all avenues. I don’t use Bnet, I don’t Twitter. I use the original source of communication, the login screen.

Thanks for taking a bat to someone!

1 Like

Banner still says 1pm PST, Just a FYI!

doesn’t make it not murky

If you want to offer feedback, it’d best done so in general. The blues here, like Vrak, isn’t able to pass it on for players.

1 Like

Are you supposed to advocate for customers or just tell us you don’t know anything? I know this isn’t your fault and I don’t want to get mad with some random support employee. I just need to know who to whine to.

1 Like

hmm interesting, now reaching 3:20pm est almost and still no update since your last post would love to know what the hell is going on. my only day to play and you guys take the servers down with no notice? sad

1 Like

This is stupid. It’s clearly just you TRYING to fix what you guys screwed up earlier this week. How can you release something without testing it? It’s ridiculous that after 15 years we’re having this problem when literally all you have to do is run the EXACT same program from 15 years ago that worked magnificently.

1 Like

sarcastically crosses fingers

Please know that i dont envy your position, im aware that you’re a person doing your job, and that the decisions im referring to are not yours. Unfortunately that also makes you not the necessary recipient of that comment to enact change for the better.

We see you making concerted efforts to ommunicate, and we appreciate that.

Please please please ensure our dissatisfaction reaches the appropriate people, and include a healthy dose of your own. You shouldn’t have to deal with this any more than we should.

2 Likes

I am a software QA / Tester and you’d be surprised how something added/changed in one part of the program has a crazy unexpected effect on other parts.

2 Likes

THEN DON’T CHANGE THINGS THAT ALREADY WORK. Don’t change things that work.

1 Like

You’ve said 2pm PDT and the banner still says 1pm PDT. This is a simple fix. Why cause more confusion? This whole ordeal is getting ridiculous.

1 Like

I’m sorry. This response is going to be unconstructive, and if it gets yeeted for being unconstructive, that’s fair.

But what could possibly be so urgent about getting logged in to an 18 year old game that people are losing their collective minds at a blue who’s only trying to help them? You can’t rules-lawyer nitpick out of downtime that needs to happen. A blue can’t turn the servers back on for you, nor do they owe you some kind of explanation for exactly what’s happening or why it needed to be done.

If not being able to log in to the game for a few hours on one day is going to send you into a froth and make you lash out, consider playing offline games instead. Unexpected stuff happens. Sometimes stuff needs to get fixed. Sometimes fixing stuff is inconvenient. No one needs to get logged in so that they can perform life-saving surgery. Your farming and your instances can wait.

So maybe collectively, and not just you but everyone going aggro on this thread, consider stepping back, taking a deep breath through your nose, releasing it, and catching up on a TV show or reading a book in the meantime. It’s literally not a big deal that complicated technical structures need to be maintained and repaired sometimes, especially considering that the downtime is, as of yet, a handful of hours.

15 Likes

Implementing changes to solve a problem that’s not really a problem (boosting) and breaking the game for everyone in the process is very on-point for Blizzard’s dev b-team working on Classic.

Alright so here are my points:

• Maintenance day was maintenance day for a reason, it was the day players could expect to have playing issues

• ZA gauntlet bug HAS BEEN ACTIVE SINCE THEY SHADOW TURNED ON XP CHANGES. NOTE THEY DID NOT WAIT UNTIL TUESDAY TO MAKE THESE CHANGES

• Back when the real company Blizzard ran things, when they messed up they rewarded game time to try and say sorry. But all we get now a days is excuses and deflections

• PTR TESTING - Do you guys remember when they did BT PTR and mage tables broke the server for a whole week. Point being is that THEY DO NOT TEST A SINGLE THING. You literally have the game already made, you just need to test the changes

• I have played this game for 15 years and will not continue into WOTLK because I know whatever company this is, well they will pooch the release with rushed dates and lack of testing JUST LIKE THEY HAVE SINCE CLASSIC

It is clear to me Blizzard does not care about its clients, so for those who get as upset as I do to be a paying customer with downtime. Well I hope you get your stuff together or a lot of people will walk away during WOTLK.

Sincerly,

The person who thinks Blizzard has made so many terrible decisions since the release of classic.

1 Like

Thanks! I poked them to get that updated.

3 Likes

its a business, and when clients pay for guaranteed uptime and that’s disrupted then the client can chose to not give that company its business.

If they cant guarantee uptime on any day that isn’t Tuesday, well that is a terrible business.

If they want to come back with “your not paying for guaranteed uptime”, well guess what? Old Blizzard use to garuntee it, and we came back to play their game. Not the company who has been failing at expansions since WOTLK.

1 Like

I agree people are getting way out of hand this blue poster is definitly not getting paid enough today. So thank you @Vrakthris for your updates and doing what you can. Stuff breaks it happens people upset must not have actually played back in the day because most tuesdays the game was unplayable for the whole day sum weeks. We have been spoiled with the 1 hour time frame. Should people be get something for the trouble perhaps but its not a requirement on blizzards part to do that. Hopefully its back up soon and all the grumpy people can move on.

5 Likes

I appreciate your efforts to help as best you can given the circumstances. It’s not your fault others in the company aren’t explaining things to subscribers publicly. It’s also not your fault the servers are down. But where else can we go to learn what’s happening? Who can we complain to to effect changes to improve communication with subscribers?

1 Like

Supporting this is unacceptable, they have made these mistakes so many times since classic release. They had all the info they needed on Monday morning when ZA was reported BUGGED.

Excusing them for not doing their job breads weakness, and this leads to more future let downs.

1 Like