Classic Release will need more Servers

You are assuming they will quit after they login. I’m speculating that they will see the login queues and not even bother.

Even if you just break down the continents by population:

EU - 747m people - 14 servers
Nth America + Sth America - 791m people - 12 servers
Oceania (incl. SE Asia) = 702m people - 2 servers

Just sayin… i think 2 servers isn’t enough.

They will know how many people have reserved names on Monday and get an indication from that.

This really isn’t as hard as you make it out to be . The complaining coming from you is straight suss. You’ve had 2 years to decide what faction/race/class you want to play. Server names only takes a few minutes to decide if you know how to coordinate with your mates . From the sound of things your really worried on something as simple as picking a realm .

You guys act like blizzard is known for launches that go smooth. Even with servers list out know there is enough reason to have doubt. People acting like the numbers are gonna be small enough for these servers also must not have played during some of the stress test too. Oh well just get ready for down time and a lot of people.

I think Blizz is most qualified to determine whats needed for launch not a bunch of randoms on a forum thread.

It’s the Community Feedback that Blizzard uses to make changes to the Game.
You seem to not have followed these Forums since 2004. It’s called DISCUSSIONS and FEEDBACK.

Only 13 realms? Aren’t there supposed to be European realms too?

why is everyone freaking out about the number of servers? some of you take this stuff way too far for it being two weeks away. decisions can be made to correct whatever issues come. just…sit back and relax. let your hair down, loosen the belt a bit…or do whatever you gotta do to let that reeeeeeee get outta ya.

1 Like

This is US side of WoW. EU got a different realm list

You’ve shown your true character. Which leaves much to be desired.

The irony, its palpable.
You both seem like the most interesting person at your weekly Tupperware parties. You’re both sad, pitiful people.

Yes, waiting to pass judgement till I know all the facts is what a sad pitiful person would do.

/sarcasm

no real people give a damn and are gonna show up on 26/27

I think the layering thing confuses many of them. It’s basically multiple servers wrapped into 1. I think the fact they took the same approach, with a different word choice than cross server, is where the confusion lies. It is the saem as cross server, phasing and all as far as I can tell, drawing on copies of the same realm. Shared chat, different, population depending, zones.

There were around 3800 people in the barrens Friday afternoon and I think I ran into less than 100.

Cata was smooth, MoP was smooth, WoD had DDoS attacks, Legion was Smooth, BFA had DDoS attacks. They’ve all literally been smooth since 2010.

This would be a game breaker. It would absolutely be better to have 30 dead servers that they could roll up into 1 later on than have a mega server. Also they are supposed to get rid of layers by P2, how would that work?

He is correct ; we are talking about at this moment, 774,000 level 120 active characters in Modern WoW today. 30% will go back to Classic, old timers return and even gamers who went to other games will return. We are talking atleast 325,000+ people occupying classic - 5 PvP realms and majority will be there.

Perhaps even greater possibility of those numbers multiplying depending on the quality of it’s authenticity. Which I assure Blizzard will never miss the bullseye on this one.

When WoW first came out it had a cap of 5000 players per server. How many of those servers would it take to support the new population rejoining classic?

Most likely. But not that many more.

My problem with this argument is that all of these launches were with a dwindling population base. Clearly they had the capacity to handle huge populations as the population had shrunk significantly by these launches they were bound to be smoother.

You are talking about patches more than fresh hardware with fresh technology on a game that is essentially new pretending to be old.

yep, yep and more yep