Classic Ranking and prepatch-Please Bluepost

Edit: Defined the questions better:

1. Will ranking end on the 18th?

2. If yes, will the honor from that week rollover before server restarts and contribute toward a new title if they had the honor for it?

3. If no, when will ranking end?

5 Likes

Why would it likely end with the pre-patch?

Classic ranking system would likely end in the TBC pre patch for those who wish to transfer to the TBC servers as they would be on the new TBC patch.

1 Like

Because it’s a completely different system in tbc. Honor and marks become a currency to purchase pvp items.

2 Likes

During pre-patch of TBC in 2006-07, they removed the pvp ranking system and reset everything to implement the arena system.

You will retain the highest pvp title you ever obtained on a toon and be able to show it with the title display.

Do you retain your HK’s? (I assume so) but I can’t recall

From what I have seen on the beta it is a clean reset.

My hunter had some ranking in classic but in the TBC had nothing.

Although that just might be a beta thing.

yes.

Hoping for a blue post reply on this, could jebait a soft release date timeframe as well. keep posting

heres to hoping blizz see’s this post

In the original tbc pre patch you could still earn rankings/titles even though the gear wasn’t under the old honor system.

Can we get official wording on if ranking ends on the 18th or not?

2 Likes

King’s honor, friends (and horde)! I was also hoping for an answer on this as are plenty of other people currently enjoying the PvP system in Classic WoW.

Personally, I believe honor will be calculated and snapshotted when the servers go down. If this is not the case, it would be very cruddy to pay to clone my character and receive the next rank title in Classic Era but not Burning Crusade Era.

Thank you for your time Blizzard and those in this thread.

1 Like

Im 2 weeks from rank 11 and I doubt I could still get the mount, but maybe at least the title? If not I really don’t wanna continue this feeble and useless grind without some kind of notice or blue post. Please don’t disregard us blizzard.

Wondering this as well. Will honor gained on the week leading up to May 18 still count towards a new PVP rank title or does it end next week?

1 Like

If I’m paying $35 to clone my character I better have my honor flush on both realms.

thread moved here at direction of a GM: Classic Ranking and prepatch - #2 by Fortyz-bigglesworth

I got HWL in classic and had the title in beta

hopefully no1 gets their rank the last week. Would be hilarious for all those people to waste their time for a p6 welfare rank LOL

I ranked in phase 3, another toon in phase 4/5, and a 3rd in phase 6. Phase 6 was (up until 3 weeks ago) the most difficult. This probably depends on how well managed your brackets are. If you had poorly managed brackets (or not managed at all) then you will inherently have a toxic opinion of the ranking process

1 Like

How much does your server spend for bracket slots. heard bigglesworth is like 15-20 bucks a slot with the bracket booster. and phase6 ranking is NOT hard. keep telling yourself that. And i noticed you said “ranked” sucks to never hit 14 :frowning: