Classic Plus!

If we get Classic +, change everything.

The classes. The specs. The gear.

New content.

Create a whole new meta and not just Classic but now summoning stones work.

1 Like

bro no one really wants cata STOP THE COPE.
oh, let’s do cata and then make are way all the way to the furry dragons. YES, classic dragonflight, sounds so fun.
Freak sakes. Just make classic+ get to redo all of blizzards mistakes. They have one chance, if they cant get this right wow will die.

2 Likes

That’s called an expansion pack.

There will be one after dragonflight

2 Likes

Nah it’s called Classic + all these changes.

1 Like

Curious on your reasoning behind this one? I definitely lean more towards a “less changes” compared to what other people have suggested for Classic +, but the cheaper mount costs just seems like a no-brainer.

Why do you want cheaper mounts?

The mounts themselves are already like 12g for your 60%, and 120g for your 100%.

Its the mount training, a one time expense that is costly.

So, I’m pretty convinced you threw this in here not at all knowing the game or because you personally thought it was difficult to get the gold for your mount. Or fail to see the importance of major character milestones like getting your mount and how overcoming a large hurdle like that is.

If anything, make the 100% level 60 mount and the training cost the same high value (so double it to 1800g).

Imagine if Blizz says “Classic plus? You think you do but you don’t.”

2 Likes

Depends how they say it.

Ironically. Cool funny hehe haha they’re in on it.

Unironically. Big mad. Very sad. They don’t get it.

But honestly Classic+ will be a hit for some and a complete miss for others.

It all comes down to what Blizzard believes that + to mean because just reading these threads and all our posts, as a community, we all think it’s something different than the person after us.

2 Likes

Expectedly so, because some players have some absolutely wild personal demands for Classic +, like adding Retail graphics and Worgen Demon Hunters, even though it literally makes zero sense.

As long as Classic Era stays put, along side its HC classic era servers, and then we get Classic +, win-win.

Those who do not want any changes, get Classic Era. Those who want Hardcore as is get exactly that.

And those who want to go the Classic + Route get their own fresh servers.

You can also make the argument that part of the whole “Classic WoW” Experiment was to play older version of the game, so its not out of the question if just like Hardcore, they added 1-2 servers to support TBC Era and WoTLK era as well.

Yes, that does add a split to the player base, but that is inevitable, and Blizzard needs to maintain those versions as private servers have began to gain traction over what Blizzard is offering. So the only sane solution there from a business perspective is to offer those servers types as a product for the player who wants them.

1 Like

Nah. It’s not.

You just said “change every single thing”

You want a different game.

You dont like classic

You dont even know what it is you want changed. just “change everything”.

Glad they arent taking your suggestions

3 Likes

What classic guild is demanding that? you can clear every raid every week in 5 hours or less with a good grp

1 Like

Dragon flight is a good xpac

No it won’t. Retail is doing just fine.

They’ve been working internally on a 1.15 build for several months (Era/HC is 1.14.4), people thought 1.15 was gonna be the hardcore update but it wasn’t, it’s still unreleased. They said publicly early last summer that they’re working on “the next vanilla season, that isn’t called SoM2.” They also had job postings on their site earlier this year that had a bulletpoint on there saying they’re looking for dev’s to add new content into Classic WoW. I think we’re getting a new season with much more significant changes than SoM had next year.

3 Likes

They’ll announce “something” at Blizzcon, there’s literally too much time reserved on the schedule to not announce “something”.

The real question, as we wind down on Wrath, is whether we’re getting Cata- classic, Fresh vanilla, or both… and when…

If you had asked me a year ago, I’d have been decently interested to keep going through wrath, and into cata so we could get to MoP and maybe even up to Legion again (Legion being the last good expansion in my mind)… The state of wrath classic however, basically strangled any hope of anything but vanilla again violently… I have zero faith in cata classic succeeding.

That leaves FRESH vanilla… which would be good, but it’s gonna be a hard sell for people attached to current toons to swap to a new seasonal character to start the process over… and if we do the process over again, do we really think TBC and wrath are gonna hook people? I say no. The only real path forward is announcing fresh vanilla now, and then in the ~1.5-2 years it takes to get through Naxx, they’ll be designing some kind of alternative expansion (ie not tbc), which is what the big announcement will be for classic… That’s how they get people hyped to start over, even if they aren’t already vanilla die hards, and being a bit cynical, it’s also how Blizzard manages to monetize vanilla players (forcing them to buy an expansion).

so basically retail?

Yeah I’ve been saying that their “SoM2” to them is what Classic+ is to us.

I agree to disagree. Its just a particularly well polished turd.

Considering Cataclysm content is actually in the retail version of WoW I don’t understand why people were even asking for it.

1 Like

This is true of WotLK content though. In fact, when folks were advocating for RDF I suggested that a WotLK weekend in the dungeon finder provided a comparable experience.

There is something to be said for doing it at an appropriate level with the as-designed power and gameplay though :wink:

To be clear, Cata isn’t something I want, but don’t speak for everybody and Cata coming out doesn’t really impact me. I will just choose not to play it.