Classic Plus!

Cataclysm changed the entire old world, though, which is the same version of the world we’ve had since Cataclysm released.

Massive difference. The content from Wrath is available mainly because it was all instanced off and is sequestered in its own bubble, albeit with leveling and scaling changes. Cataclysm’s zones are the zones we run through today if we chose to level in the old world.

1 Like

Sorry, I’m worried I might not be understanding you correctly here. You’re saying that Cata’s zones are in the retail game, I agree. I’m saying that WotLK’s zones are also in the retail game, which I think is true. As far as I know Deathwing didn’t make it out to Northrend… did he?

(I’m honestly asking, I don’t think I’ve gone to Northrend since the end of WotLK now that I think of it. It’s actually some of my least favourite leveling content.)

I watched a good video by WillE talking about Cata content and it’s relevant to this discussion, I encourage you to look it up. He makes some good points and talks specifically about the whole old world change and whatnot.

I’ve been saying it for a bit now and he kind of echoed my comments, but Cata Classic is more than just the leveling zone revamp. It’s not for me but it seems a bit self-centred to decide that nobody else should be interested in it too. I mean, his video lists a lot of good things from Cata and he’s right, I was there. But it doesn’t make me want to play it any more than I did before… but that’s just me.

Bring on Cata Classic for those who want it. I hope they enjoy! Vanilla+ for the rest of us pls :smiley:

1 Like

Personally I’d like a classic +, I’d love to see what WoW could have been given more time and fine tuning, I’d love to see classes and specs tuned up correctly, Balance Druid “Oomkin” instantly comes to mind.

I wouldn’t even care if they added more races and expanded class/race options (apparently High Elves and Ogres may come according to a leak which may be completely fake though), to me that wasn’t the classic experience that mattered and wouldn’t even effect me at all. So I’m impartial to this, let people be what they want.

What matters and has immensely been lost in retail is the journey, everything you did felt like it mattered, you weren’t some unstoppable god, just a person in a world with others, the community is what made Classic amazing, grouping up to even do the most simplest quests. Not every class was a Swiss Army Knife, each class and spec had strengths and weaknesses.

Content was relevant, honestly it was definitely more slower paced, which I personally enjoyed, it wasn’t a rush to max level to just mindlessly spam keys or raid once a week and you’re done.

If they announce a classic +, I’d definitely be excited, but realistically I’m not really getting my hopes up. Cataclysm Classic wasn’t an expansion I enjoyed and most definitely don’t want to relive that experience but I’d definitely be excited for MoP Classic.

I guess in reality we will find out soon in a couple of days what’s really planned for the future of WoW in classic and retail.

1 Like

What are you talking about?

You not only justify the 900 gold mount cost as “reaching a big milestone” trust me, it’s not hard to farm 900 gold. It just takes time, and not much time at all once you start getting into the high levels. It’s just another barrier to the game that make most people groan.

P.S. You want to double the mount cost to 1800 gold? What are you smoking?

You want to double the mount cost to 1800 gold? What are you smoking?

So which is it? Its a trivial amount or its an insane hurdle?

Or am I talking to two different people ?

The time it takes to achieve a reward should be equivalent to the effort put into it. Elsewise, it breeds resentment instead of satisfaction. This is especially true for something that is a universal benefit for all players.

The existing cost for an epic mount is already high. While grinding gold is not difficult, it is tedious and time-consuming. Increasing the cost, and therefor the tedium and time lost, will not benefit the player experience in any meaningful way. In fact, it will only make it worse.

If there is a need to drain gold from the economy, then new methods should be looked into, rather than changing something that already exists and has an expectation.

1 Like

Come try out Turtle while you wait for Blizzcon, then if they don’t announce it you’ll already be started