Classic Playerbase actually increasing?

while this is true, that is not the reason. they have removed layers for a lot of realms. and when they reduce layers they also re duced server size.

Or the player base has transferred to another server. most likely a mixture of both.

Doesnā€™t mean they havenā€™t been replaced by alts or newer players.

Kung Fu? Screenplay? Your brain works in mysterious ways. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know a majority of themā€¦ they quit. For good. The game is not for everyone.

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t mean they werenā€™t replaced. I waited for servers to stabilize a bit so I could pick a server based on A:H ratio before I even started playing. I believe I started around 2 to 2.5 weeks after classic launched.

This is DEFINITELY true. Iā€™m on herod and 2 weeks ago, full meant a 50+ minute queue. Last night Full meant an instant login.

3 Likes

Granted I just got to the Barrens and ran through last night heading to Thousand Needles.I have no idea what it was like in the past weeks,but I saw one Alliance and 3 Horde in my 3 hours of play.

I went from about 30 people on my friends list playing classic nightly to around 5-6 most nights.

The top oceanic server now has not had a queue in a week.

No, they are removing layering since people are leaving.

Layers are being removed, thatā€™s why

Your blah blah blahā€¦ neep.

ā€œI played through vanilla back in the day, vanilla leveling is so boring nowā€

Than donā€™t play lmao, itā€™s not boring you just have ADD from years of being conditioned by bad games.

Layers actually donā€™t affect the realm pop. Thatā€™s not how they work.

About 8 PM EST last night every realm was high/full with about 3 medium. That doesnt sound like the playerbase is suffering.

Also, servers are a lot bigger now than in Vanillas time.

Layers dont affect the size of a servers realm pop. Not how they work.

Lets say blizzard put a realms max population to 80000 and than assumed that their is around 49000 playing. Those people would be split between 4 or so layers and would most likely show medium pop.

Now lets say that blizzard removed 2 of those layers. The server would still show medium even with the removed layers.

What affects the server pop you see is the servers overall population it can hold which is separate fron layers.

Letā€™s be honestā€¦I had to look that word up.

You attacked your opponentā€™s character or personal traits in an attempt to undermine their argument. (ad hominen)

1 Like

Not sure if stupid or trollingā€¦ if as blizzard stated there was 3 layers on a server to hold a slowly decreasing player baseā€¦ and suddenly took out one layer then the remaining players in the two layers instead of three just experienced a 50% artificial pop increase.

Itā€™s the other way around. Layers are an indicator of a higher realm pop that is not spread out. Less layers likely means two things: less population and the existing population isnā€™t all in once place.

Iā€™d guess that both factors are contributing to the layers being collapsed as well as seeing less people in the game world/looking for groups. Some number of people are logging on less and others are spreading out in levels and zones.

The population tags are a metric which reflect a lot of things but the big takeaway from all this is they are probably not useful to estimate game population from week-to-week. They really are only useful to compare realm-to-realm.

1 Like

If I remember correctly didnā€™t blizzard state that even their ā€œlow popā€ tags now are more than medium/high pops in vanilla?