Classic Playerbase actually increasing?

Yeah, a while ago. However, they’ve changed how they work and how layering works since then. Now, who knows how the tags work in Classic compared to Retail or Vanilla?

I don’t think it matters really, anyone not finding groups is usually just too lazy to form their own group. They spam for an invite, don’t find a stockades group and then complain that their server is dying. Now I totally understand if there is a lack of tanks… but I think people are assuming the worst when they can’t find a group.

I’m sure most people are questing anyway since outside of mage stack dungeon spam questing is way more efficient for leveling, especially for classes like hunter.

Not always true. I’ve tried to form up groups and it can be a challenge at times, even if you already have a tank or healer. It depends on a lot of factors such as time of day, day of week, type of activity, and such. However, it does seem like it’s been getting even tougher lately.

Time will tell if this is just a temporary thing or if it’s a trend.

1 Like

Totally possible that people just don’t want to run dungeons because the XP in most cases is sub par… why waste your time trying to find a BFD group when you can level faster doing Ashenvale -> late redridge -> Duskwood?

Less layers, little to no queues on most servers.

Not saying it is dying but that is certainly a sign towards a decrease.

It’s true that XP from dungeons isn’t amazing but if there’s quests then that turns around quickly. Not to mention a few good drops can really speed up your leveling after the run is done. Also, it’s a good thing to get practice working with a group for when you get to 55+ and instances become much more important.

1 Like

…are you dense. I used the 4 layers as an example.

Also what you described isn’t how blizzard explained layers. If you suddenly see a shift in server populations like that its because they changed the overall cap of the server. Has nothing to do with layers…as blizzard has said.

nope removing of some layer and i see a decreasing of member ,not alot but i see it…

Every “expansion” dies/falls off after the first couple of months. Its nothing unusual.

1 Like

Actually according to numbers. It tripled

read the title of the thread.

Well a lot of people probably took transfers. We also have the br and latam realms too now.

There will always going to be attrition to any game after release of a game.

retail has more full/high pop servers then classic wow.

Yelling But it’s not how blizzard explained it!!! Doesn’t change the way maths work.
Keep on yelling tho

Yep, lots of players also transferred to new realms which have moved to medium pop. I moved from Grobb to DD, and happily have no queue and no more layering to go along w a medium to high pop server.

It’s almost like people transferred to a different realm wait no way that’s impossible silly me

It’s like a new content.

Anything that is a new content, that’s where players flock.

The Beta Classic was hype few weeks ago. But when people max’d out on it, Blizz released 8.2 and the Beta Classic people left Classic for Nazjatar and Mechagon. Stormwind in Beta Classic became Ghost town… I saw it on my own eyes.

Noticed this with a few friends as well, only so much ganking you can do. If this is truly just a museum piece than why is BGs being withheld? It’s said so players just don’t consume all content overly fast but why does that matter for a “museum piece” and in some people’s words here “Blizzard would keep servers open even with zero population”.

BGs except AV and Honor should have been in the game from the get go.