Classic Playerbase actually increasing?

Is it just me but it seems there are more high/full realms when I log in now compared to a few weeks ago?

8 Likes

Classic is amazing and everyone knows it… except blizzard?

22 Likes

Since they made changes to layering the high/full markers have probably changed too. Who knows what their meaning is now? I wouldn’t count on them being consistent week-to-week, just relative to each other realm.

Each server has a total max population despite layers as well as measures that depend on the per layer populations. Blizzard has said that all realms have lost layers which implies that they have lost people too, although some of the layering was removed because of people spreading out. It’s likely that Classic has lost a significant amount of player base but that was expected, many people joined simply to see what it was all about.

So a server which is “full” with a half dozen layers probably has a different amount of players than a server which is “full” with a layer or two. I wouldn’t read much more into it than that.

2 Likes

The high/full designation is relative to other servers. You don’t have 15k queues on Faerlina (and others) anymore, therefore the other servers are relatively more populated.

2 Likes

I loved Vanilla, but I gotta say something;

I thought Random BG queues were mind-numbing until I tried leveling in Classic after 14 years.

Classic is very boring without Honor and BG’s, and it’s losing my attention because of that.

If Blizzard had withheld raiding or pre-raiding dungeons till Phase 2, there would have been an uproar. I’m not sticking around for months waiting on PvP content.

6 Likes

No they changed that.
It actually is to server capacity, not relative to the most populated server like retail

To the OP: They removed layering on several servers.

4 Likes

No, there has actually been a pretty substantial drop off in player counts. You can observe this while playing by seeing people in cities and around common areas that people gather at. Also, channels like trade and LFG seem to have a 1/10 of the traffic they had just a couple weeks ago.

The full/high/med/low indicators are relative to how many players vs layers are on the server. For example: Let’s say you have 5k players and layers that can only handle 2k players each. If you had 3 layers open, it might list the server as high pop. If you had 6 layers open, it might list it as low pop. If you had 2 layers open, it would list as full and have a queue. I’m pretty sure that’s how the indicators work, but I could be wrong. It could also be some conspiracy theory stuff where Blizzard is lying about the populations and they broke the /who API to kill the census addon to cover it up!

1 Like

You could always use this time to level up an alt or two so you can have options in pvp when it’s available. For example, a druid alt for when your FC can’t make it to BG night.

1 Like

I can log on anytime of the day with no queue on my server. Used to have a large queue for almost 2 weeks in the afternoon/evening.

There has a been a large player drop.

6 Likes

I don’t think you understand; leveling is very boring. Objective based PvP is the cure for the monotony, get some Honor, Rank up, go back to questing…

Leveling alts to sit around waiting for BG’s to launch is precisely what I don’t want to do, and it isn’t even guaranteed that they’ll launch when Blizzard says they will, or that it will work as intended.

3 Likes

How are you leveling?

1 Like

What?? What does ANYTHING you have to say pertain to the OP? You are just randomly puking your thoughts all over the forums no matter the topic?

2 Likes

Player counts are very relative to the content that is available, you’ll begin to see that if you stop screeching at me.

1 Like

Azuresong (PVE) seems to have a much more active population, but they also removed all layering on it so it is hard to tell for sure.

But I suspect people did drop off classic. I’ve been told that many people hyped it so much for over a year before it came out. And as with star wars disney, hype with a crash is never a good thing.

2 Likes

OP…

You…

Nothing in common. You just made it all about you.

Because following someone around a forum isn’t about yourself…you’d think 14 years would help WoW players grow up, but nope.

5 Likes

While classic is a good game my server is dying off rather quickly.

1 Like

Anyway…back on topic…

I believe Graff is correct.

Blizzard knows it. That’s why we are here.

Doesn’t seem like it’s decreasing or increasing to me personally. The world feels alive, and there’s people of all levels to do stuff with. As long as the game has that I’ll be playing. There can be 1 server with 5000 people, or 100 servers with 500000 people, doesn’t make a difference to me.

5 Likes