Classic Oceanic Servers

Also considering he’s an Oceanic player himself he’s not going to lie or make it up because he understands what a big thing it is for us.

2 Likes

That’s cool. I like that and yeah he’s pretty credible. Any information about how many? And what types?

There will be way way more than this at launch.
Remember, its not going to be 10k online pirate servers… its going to be vanilla like with 2.5 -3k online at a time [per layer]

1 Like

Na, he didn’t mention details apart from that there will be OCE ones and that he’s playing with a guild hardcore on a pvp one. He also commented another time on not playing ESO because of the ping - and that’s another reason he’ll be on classic wow

2 Likes

Well that’s good. I’m still not holding my breath though. Blue post would put a lot of people’s nerves to rest.

2 Likes

The way I see it is there’s no reason to believe we won’t get them. Oceanic servers have been in forever and since the end of MoP they’ve been hosted here in Sydney. There’s no logical reason they would forego using their Sydney servers and put US realms on AEST. Anyone trying to convince you that it’s true is a filthy troll and anyone who believes they would do that just because that’s how it was back in 2004/05 is frankly a complete moron.

1 Like

Reading this filled me with joy. So dont want to play on an NA server

1 Like

Only thing I can think of would be their cost to benefit ratio. I mean I agree with you but if they weren’t going to do it, it would be because of that. Just because they have the infrastructure in Sydney, they’d still need to pay to create more instances for classic servers. I can’t see that being the case but something worthwhile exploring.

bump for blizzard official response

3 Likes

Oh yeah a response would be nice aye? :smirk:

3 Likes

I Think they will have more NA servers but I wouldn’t mind if that was the situation for the oceanic servers. I would prefer to have maxed out servers and struggle at launch which should mean we have a bigger pop for end game.

1 Like

Few PvP and PvE servers please. No cross region BGs either. Hope that’s not too much to ask for.

1 Like

I think that the “good faith” with the players and the continuous subs would easily at least break even.

Without OCE servers, how many old accounts that are on the fence right now would just say no… with OCE they may be more inclined to come back and bring friends.

I don’t see the cost of OCE being over the income provided by the community that would be on them.

Just my opinion on that and another +1 to the thread in support from the US for the gamers over there.

Edit: Killed English, yet again… rez pending.

2 Likes

Can we get some blue post confirmation here? We all know you’re releasing exact server names and numbers closer to release, but given how often the Oceanic region gets shafted by lack of server infrastructure, can it really hurt to just put us at ease and confirm they exist?

1 Like

Hopefully we get some servers over here, i would hate to go back to over 200ms again

Blizzard, can we get an update on this please! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m dying to see how many and what type of servers we will be getting :smiley:

1 Like

The man said please!

This is already a big topic of discussion on this thread but firstly confirmation that we are getting Oce servers then we can guesstimate numbers.

1 Like

Link or it didn’t happen :stuck_out_tongue:

What link?