Classic Oceanic Servers - MEGATHREAD

Regardless of what game you play, what website you look at the MS to the server makes a difference and the lower the MS is; the better and smoother “everything” is.

2 Likes

A physical server in Australia. We already have servers for Retail WoW in Sydney Australia so it would make sense they have one or two for Classic.

3 Likes

Best of luck to our OCE friends, I hope they establish a Classic server for you.

I still remember an Aussie guild mate flying out to meet guild members in the USA. If you are out there Glonjuridd, bless you, you Aussie drunkard!

6 Likes

+1 for reponse from blizz

7 Likes

I didn’t know you had your own server…

cries in spanish

4 Likes

Sorry :frowning: and yeah we’ve had our own local servers for a while now (since Warlords?) if I’m wrong I’m sorry, don’t remember when exactly, heh.

So now is the time Blizzard…

3 Likes

el lloro

1 Like

I definitely want oce servers. But It was cool playing on NA servers back in the day because the server was always buzzing due to having Americans and Aussies playing at different times of the day, was also convenient for shift workers who wanted to raid.

4 Likes

I feel that ameribros will always be good but oce needs its own servers for it to really survive in the long run and form that strong community.

3 Likes

Eh, I enjoyed playing with a mix of timezones. I was fun always having people around no matter the time. Plus it great to drop a few see you next tuesdays in chat and rile them up.
I disagree about the long term survivability thing I doubt it’ll make a difference. If anything by having less servers they’ll split up the community less long term and aid server population.

1 Like

Oceanic has the best banter, I swear.

Server pop is going to be an ongoing issue I just feel like oceanic needs 2 servers that are just oceanic to maintain the bulk of the players, so many want to walk if they don’t get oceanic servers.

2 Likes

Waiting on the blue post before deciding on whether i/we return. No Sydney server /no way.

7 Likes

as are many others.
CAN WE GET A BLUE POST UP IN HERE.

1 Like

Since diablo 3 was released.

2 Likes

I’ll still play classic regardless because i’ll still get lower ms than what i get on ps’s atm and i’ve gotten used to 340ms. I will be very disappointed however. And so will thousands of others.

2 Likes

You can prevent this blizzard for just the small price of 1 blue posts you could change thousands of lives.

3 Likes

This is even more important depending on the area of Oceania your from. From West Australia it is arguably the worst… Still pretty consistently get 300+ ms on US servers with 100mb Internet. Nice that the east coast guys are reporting 150 to BETA but that doesn’t mean squat to the rest of us.

Sadly can’t and won’t go back to that so if there is no true OCE classic servers, won’t be returning.

5 Likes

One sentence blizzard and you will get thousands upon thousands of customers!
Confirm the oceanic servers!

5 Likes

Definitely would like confirmation on this since I am an English Speaker living and working in Japan. OCE servers give me the best overall ping in testing. Plus not having to worry about timezones as much or the language barrier.

3 Likes

You hear that blizzard, break into the asian english speaking market as well, confirm them now for easy reach and profit!

2 Likes