Classic + is the only way, doing TBC and onward would be horrible!

Maybe, maybe not, It can’t get fixed if they don’t do something though. I think we all can agree it does need work/improvement. Something needs to happen to make it better than what it is now. Maybe not everything but they can start somewhere at least. Even if it’s small gradual retail changes.

It has to make big changes overnight. People won’t wait for small gradual changes over 2-3 years

Why not? I mean people have been playing retail this long. Why do you feel it needs to be over night in your opinion?

Ah yes…yet another player who is ignorant of the fact that world PVP died after battlegrounds were introduced and blames flying like so many others…are you a ganker too?? Are you butthurt that you can’t corpse camp people who can fly???

As soon as it became more lucrative and desirable to PVP in the battlegrounds, THAT is when world PVP died… BEFORE TBC and flying was introduced.

If you don’t believe me that’s fine… You can see for yourself after Phase 3 hits and battlegrounds are introduced yet again in Classic. Watch how fast people quit pvping in the open world after the honor system and everything else takes effect… Especially if dishonorable kills come back too. Have fun killing your honor and PVP ranking while you’re ganking lowbies lmao :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

A lot of people stop paying attention to wow as time goes on. Lost all fauth in the game. Lost patience. Many former wow players didn’t even know classic was coming out. They need to make big fixes fast

You’re already proposing splitting it into 3, so why not 4? Or 5? Or 19384u19238y514928y59?

There’s a reason why the servers that don’t force people to deal with ganking idiots are called ‘Normal’.

You mean 2? Retail and classic plus.

1 Like

You’re ignoring the people who want classic as is. If they came back expressely for the 2004 expierience they aren’t going to accept that being changed on them.

So that mandates a minimum of a 3 way split.

…Except you still can’t world pvp when everyone is literally always flying from point A to point B…

In fact the only time you CAN PVP someone is when they’re already in a spot where they’ll be fighting something already. This is somehow better to you?

1 Like

IMO doing any of them would be bad LEAVE THE CLASSIC SERVERS ALONE…if they do any of them make there own servers

I agree. Don’t forget arenas, lack of wpvp, the summoning stones made players incredibly lazy, some dungeon groups never even went because two of them wouldn’t go to the summoning stones. Warlocks and Mages fell out of grace with their portals and summoning since players can use portals in Shattrath and summoning stones. Blood Elves made up most of Horde… turning it into a Blood Elf faction. Shaman and Paladin were available for both factions making the factional classes no longer unique. WPvP was gone, took the WAR out of Warcraft like it took the WORLD out of World of Warcraft with flying mounts. And it’s World of Warcraft not World of MMAcraft (arenas). BGs still had the spirit of a war effort at least especially the well made Alterac Valley. Oh yeah don’t forget about how they took out all the elements that made AV more interesting like the elite mobs and such.

Oh yeah don’t forget dailies… ::shutter::

I would hope for Classic+ or a completely new game whether it’s Blizzard or another company that carries on the spirit of Classic WoW.

1 Like

Also about WotLK another thing.
Death Knights. So damn OP. Like why would you play any other class than a Death Knight unless it’s a healer of course.
There was also a severe loss of gear identity after TBC. Like everyone was wearing the same PvP gear or PvE gear. In Classic everyone had random gear pieces until they got their set but gathering every piece for the set took a long time so in the end of the day most people would be running around with random gear pieces.
I guess Transmog sort of brought gear identity back but… that was a problem on it’s own :confused:

How do you feel about the current player base? Do you think it may cause a negative effect on them if things were to be done in such a fast or over night manner? To where we may get new players but also at the expense of losing current ones?

More players would come back to wow if it was made better then players lost.

The so the ends justify the means in this case. Would it be good for Blizzard as a business move though? Classic does at the moment seem like it’s been doing strong so far but I’m curious as to how long. I am hopeful just like you that they may actually be more players coming back to retail if the philosophy of retail were more like classic/vanilla. Anythings better than BFA atm I guess.

However, I’m still wondering which side is still the more dominate crowd. Is it the current ones that like retail as it is or is Classic the new way to go business wise. I guess we will find out and see if Classic has had any impact on Blizzard and what path retail should go. I still doubt it will be anything changing fast unfortunately. Thanks for your opinion on it.

Plenty of world PvP in Nazjatar, even with flying.

There was plenty of world PvP in TBC, even with flying. Even on Normal realms. The forts in Hellfire, the towers outside Auchindun, and so on. And people still put together raids on Stormwind.

1 Like

Flying, BG’s, Arenas, new expansions, instant ports to BG’s/Dungeons - they all killed WPvP.

If you think we mean ganking, than you probably have never fought in SS v TM on Friday night, logged back in on Tuesday night, and found 100 people still duking it out at ye olde watchtower, Zixil (whatever) and his Golem waltzing through the turmoil trying to make a buck

That’s what people mean by WPvP, not “oh - red is dead - dismount, kill, move along”.

1 Like

You still had that in TBC and it was actively encouraged by many of the zones

Like off the top of my head you had the tower caps in hellfire that provided a buff to all members of your faction while you controlled them and awarded currency for murdering players who were in the viscinity, Nagrand had people fighting pretty routinely, the towers in terrokar becoming open for contestion was like someone ringing the bell at a prize fight… this actively enouraged large scale conflict all over the expansion more so then anything that classic offered.

1 Like

Isn’t it odd how in the real world when they brought in flight, people said it made the world feel bigger, and yet people repeat that demonstrably false justification that devs came up with to remove flight from wod?

Why not reduce walking speed to only rp walk if mounts are too fast for you when you’re walking from one end of Outland to the other?

2 Likes