Classic + is the only way, doing TBC and onward would be horrible!

I just don’t get it. How can people be like this?

Literally the point of classic+ would be to keep all the mechanics and feeling of classic. Only add content that makes sense as part of this specific feeling of the game and nothing else.

Why is it blasphemous to want that instead of some of the things that actively killed WoW? We aren’t cherry picking JACK. We’re pointing at the very problems that the game had. Why go back if we can’t fix it?

Objectively speaking Wrath can’t be the worst because WoD exists. I can’t imagine any scenario in which WoD would be considered superior by anyone…

They aren’t going to make more content for classic and still not charge you for it. You want to pay $50 for classic plus, they might consider it (although I personally doubt they have the manpower or the ability to make you people happy anyway).

What dreamworld you living in if you think blizzard can create content for classic plus that will make you guys happy.

2 Likes

Honestly, having access to classic and the various features added up to BFA I’d be curious to see what features they would like to have come into the game in the future.

Erm. Well, there’s a sensible opinion in here, buried under the horrific grammar and word-barf presentation. I would suggest, however, that World of Warcraft Classic is a possible avenue for revisiting expansions and figuring out how to do them better than they were done originally, or in other words, a chance to release a version of a “bad” expansion that does not hinder the experience of the game it’s being added to. If flying hindered world PvP, for example, then perhaps the developers could figure out some means of counteracting that.

There’s more than two possible answers to the quandary of how World of Warcraft Classic can proceed, that’s all I’m saying.

Instanced pvp hindered world pvp, I’ll never understand why people keep bringing up flying.

3 Likes

Probably because when all the upper-level players are flying around on frickin’ hippogriffs, the other high-level players have no one but lowbies to gank.

Uh…

Are you trying to argue that they didn’t gank low levels before flying?

2 Likes

I’m trying to argue that they didn’t only gank low-levels before flying. Yeah, you had your griefing jerks, but there were high-levels mixed in with the foot traffic, and that resulted in people jumping in and actual battles breaking out, yeah? So in theory, if you take that away–if the high-levels are flying everywhere–the frequency of good high-level PvP happening lowers. So, yeah, I see why flying would be an issue in that situation.

Now, if they introduced flying mount combat… that might change it up in a positive way.

My experience of pvp servers, which is the type of server I started in back in classic, was that it was only greifing.

Big battles happened on pve servers too, less often after dishonor. RP servers were actually some of the best for world pvp because they would set up public events.

PvP servers just had people with… “aggressive” attitudes who just did greifing. Never saw any big city raids on a pvp server because they didn’t need to.

1 Like

How about you guys go and experiment with another game that didn’t take 10 years to get on the table, let alone made. Retail is the result of the exact process you are advocating for. Hell no. Hell. No.

#nochanges

2 Likes

Uh you seem to have misunderstood something. My comment was curiosity over what classic+ content would be. Not an advocation of changes to classic.

not a good point, everyone knows what features made retail the way it is, we can do better now

I am sure that doesn’t in Classic - nope.

BfA warmode is showing you you are wrong though. With flying there is still wPvP because there are incentives to do it. You are blaming the wrong thing.

3 Likes

You’re wrong. World PVP died as soon as patch 1.5 went live, which introduced battlegrounds and the honor and PVP ranking system. Prior to that patch going live, wpvp was at 90% participation on both PVP and PVE servers. The first week after 1.5 dropped, wpvp participation dropped off to a mere 20%.

I predict we will see history repeat itself when Phase 3 hits on Classic. Once the BGs and honor system go live… guaranteed nobody will PVP outside anymore… especially if dishonorable kills are left in.

I’m not the only one saying this either just look at this comment posted a bit earlier on the same subject:

If it happens again, and flying isn’t a thing in the game yet… Then clearly everyone else who claims flying was the reason is full of sh*t

3 Likes

Your hubris will be your own undoing… Everyone at Blizzard thought they knew better too. Guaranteed Classic+ will be a sh*tshow if it ever happens

1 Like

See, this is exactly the argument. It’s pessimism vs optimism.

Every time I really get into this argument with anyone it ends up with the person I’m arguing with going “Yeah, but blizzard would mess it up!”

It’s play. Shhhh. It’ll all be okay. Give them another chance.

You are blind to what goes on around you if you seriously think people would be happy. EVERY single expansion in history there has been people unhappy with things.

Heck a fair number of people are saying blizzard ruined classic right now with layering and allowing the exploiting of that to go on so long. I think they have a real valid case as well considering it was more widespread than blizzard wants to make out.

They won’t do it anyway, they already said BC is what you get if this turns out ‘successful’.

1 Like

At this point go up to wrath, while merging people that want to stay 60, or 70 on one servers.

Then after wrath look into wrath + without LFR, welfare epics, LFG, possibly flying etc. and new content.