Classic is getting very toxic...and it's dangerous

I believe it’s just competition atm. When people want something, gear in this case, they can be pretty negative. Once the struggle for gear dies down, it should get better.

This is a demographic artifact that will go away as more people reach the highest levels.

Right now, only the super hardcore players are high level; and simply put, most of the super hardcore players are selfish jerks. It’s not inherent to levels, it’s just because of the nature of the particular subcommunity that happens to be high level right now.

10 Likes

Make your own group.

Problem solved.

To many “X won’t bring me waaahhh” posts.

Its their group, not yours, they can bring who they like.

If you dont like it, start your own group.

Honestly I just think your looking for problems, nothing in this world is perfect, its possible to experience both polarities, there are negative aspects in everything.

The people that over use the word “toxic” are the most toxic of all.

1 Like

These are the kind of people hes talking about in case anyone was wondering. When you can’t contribute anything meaningful, outrage is there waiting for you. Carry me to victory my unsubstantiated indignity!

8 Likes

The people at these levels have been pushing non stop since launch and are mostly experienced competent players who dont require buff sharing and are extremely tired, at this point its a huge waste of mana and mental energy to them.

Your pretty dumb to expect anything else from the upper eschalons.

Majority of

2 Likes

Thank you for providing a perfect example.

7 Likes

They’re in here telling on themselves

6 Likes

The kind of people saying “don’t tell us how to play the game” you mean?

2 Likes

No worries happy to use my brain for you.

Now go finish levelling instead of whining on forums.

1 Like

I mean I guess if being asked to be a decent person for any amount of time is offensive to you i could see where you’re coming from.

2 Likes

Haven’t really seen it yet. I wouldn’t be surprised if things are different at higher levels as anyone that is up there is more of the hardcore group and that group has always tended to have some level of toxicity in it. There is a reason being a " raider " wasn’t exactly a compliment many times.

The good news is all of that should moderate a bit as the rest of us start getting on up there. I’d guess most of the more casual crowd really doesn’t give a crap about what is best, they just want to have fun.

Also lastly this is why you find a guild that fits you. Guilds were much more important in Vanilla for a reason, and this was one of them.

2 Likes

How is complying to some random person’s demands being a decent person?

I’m under no obligation to change how I play just to satisfy the delicate sensibilities of some person who doesn’t like what I do in the game.

2 Likes

This.

All the people whining about it should stay in the current casual level range.

If your pushing the same kind of levels as the hardcore crowd, expect hardcore player experiences.

1 Like

Did you read the whole thing? It’s about more than group comp, most of it is about player behavior towards other players that requires nothing more than just common courtesy.

3 Likes

I did not contradict myself, I stated what made Vanilla a great game, it was the community. My opinion is that Classic, since it is a recreation of Vanilla, if it is to be successful beyond launch, should cling to the ideal of community.

But you do you boo boo.

Just a clarification: I have no problem with this circumstance, I’m not complaining about it.

It is what it is, and if we all just wait, the problem will fix itself.

There were so many things that made vanilla great beyond the community.

If you want community maybe stop playing a video game and go join a club in real life…

1 Like

I’m on Azuresong, and typically the general chat is pretty friendly and helpful if you politely ask questions. Sure, a few times things degraded to “lol , boobies” a couple times, but it died out pretty fast.

LFG chats on this server seemed fine. rarely seen such specifics as “Warrior, Priest, Mage or GTFO” or anything like that, though I feel players are wanting players to be over-leveled for the dungeons (DM @ level 19+ only? Really? ).

As mentioned, it’s going to vary from server to server. Toxic servers will either lose playerbase or the toxic players will get a bad rep and figure out no one wants to deal with their crap. I’m glad I’m on a server with a pretty friendly community.

There’s nothing hardcore about nolifing classic. I play “hardcore” in retail and manage to go entire weeks without being a jerk to someone in game. Assigning yourself that label to justify being awful is called lying to yourself. You’re not hardcore, just awful.

6 Likes

Point missed.
Point is your in the level range where majority of hardcore players are.
Hardcore players don’t care about the crap your talking about.
Re roll or wait for the rest of the majority to catch up.

1 Like