Classic is actually GROWING

server pop listings on retail are not correct, i checked out full servers and they were empty everywhere

there was a wait time to subscribe to wow on classic release. quit denying tha its huge. retail is small peas compared to classic

There is a lot of people on these forums whining over not having enough people to form groups with or the population is so low that many don’t see many people in the usual high traffic areas.

Alliance has never been all that forthcoming when it comes to PVP and that was long before Warmode was ever part of the game. Warmode exists today as a result of not as many people bothering to PVP in this game. If anything it was just another means of carrot to entice people to go out in the world, which many over the year chose to not bother and still do not want to bother.

These features that many like yourself like to beat up on were put into the game to address the needs of many that for whatever reasons Blizzard wanted them in the content and not excluded from the content because they did not fit into some perfect mold or did not have the appropriate GEARSCORE to be able to play nice with others. Today things like Raider, io are used as means to excluded people, ilvl, or Ahead of the Curve achievements.

Retail got turned into the garbage it is a result of these excluding types of means to further marginalize the player base. Blizzard has gone as far as putting the LFR in the game to get more people, not less to see the raid content they spend far more time designing than the bulk of the rest of the content. Course LFR, failed in every possible way, because of how it was implemented. Had it been used more like learning and teaching tool and less a reason to grab some higher level loot. Maybe more, not fewer people would be raiding the content.

Dungeon finder was a means of addressing the lack of ability of many to find a group at various times of the day as well as address the low pop servers of people that found it very difficult in forming groups even in peak hours of the day.

There is not one item in this game today that did not get put into it for the lack of one thing and one thing only and that was the community itself that chose to divide its self from one another.

I bet you’re level 27 lol

What? Did you reply to the wrong person by mistake? I haven’t been denying that Classic is huge. I have been saying it is and seems to still be growing.

I have had a consistent 3k queue every single night since classic launch on Arugal

I find this extremely hard to believe. The LFG chat on my realm is always full and active. The general chat in the zones is full and active with people forming groups. Anyone saying that is more than likely only saying it because they want to add LFG to the game and don’t want to bother finding a group on chat. I have only saw a couple threads with people complaining about this and both of them was the person embellishing and stretching the truth to try to get LFG. Thankfully, Blizzard knows these stats and people can lie all they like.

And if people aren’t seeing many people in the “usual high traffic areas,” I would bet money that is due to layering. Sometimes unfortunately people can get stuck on a dead layer. The usual high traffic areas on my realm is very alive.

That is likely as it was part of the plan. Layering for tourist time, then remove layering and drop the cap as the numbers settle.

Removing layering is stated for phase 2, no one but forum trolls said server pops will go down, in fact blizz state the opposite. I played on tich, the most popular pvp server in retail, it’s still CRZ with 8 servers. Retail is dead/

Maybe, but the leveling experience is FFXIV is so terrible there’s no way I’d ever stay long enough for the dungeon content. It’s seriously the worst I’ve ever experienced in a MMORPG; doubt I’ll be going back.

Dude, I have multiple BFA players in my guild who have said multiple times that their BFA guilds are dead because so many are playing Classic.

Stop defending a dead game that almost no one wants to play.

3 Likes

Well since Blizzard isn’t releasing the numbers it’s only speculations so it’s either growing or declining. You make your pick. I’d imagine a more reasonable expectation would be declining to be honest. But like I said until any numbers are released, which will never happen, we won’t know.

2 Likes

But that doesn’t make sense because what they are going to do is collapse the layers. Meaning if a realm is running 6 layers with 3k people each (just an example), that’s 18k people. As the population stabilizes and decreases they are supposed to collapse the layers down to one. So instead of 18k, you would have 3k online at one time.

The queues at this point if the population stays at 18k (again, example), would result in massive queues. This is exactly why they have been opening more realms and offering free transfers off overly populated and high pop realms. It’s so they can stabilize the population on the realms to remove layering. It wouldn’t make any sense to decrease the realm population right now. And than also, I haven’t saw any sources to say they have, but only sources proving it’s been increased, not decreased.

2 Likes

Yeah, I really don’t trust those appearances either.

Current wait to get on Herod is 3 hours. Makes it near impossible to play.

theres a person for every mob in STV on herod what is going on? did layering get turned off???

Classic servers are measured absolutely, retail servers are still measured relatively.

2 Likes

Yea. It’s a lull in between patches.
WoW nearly always becomes “dead” near the end of any given patch.

1 Like

If you’re server doesnt have people it might be because you’re alliance on a medium pop realm. Yes horde is very popular.

Less people standing around waiting for the raid mob to go raiding.