Classic is actually GROWING

How much does blizz pay?

This is also what I read. Because they had to increase the caps to let more players in to avoid the long queue times on the high pop realms

1 Like

i would love to see this debunk! cause my retal server has no cross server or sharding in old world zones and yet still suepr populated.

I find this hard to believe but okay!

3 Likes

Which server are you on? On mine it is an absolute zoo.

Truth.

Im still playing classic, but ready to tell players in FF14 that their instances are better and more challenging.

But thats also not saying much. No MMO currently has instances easier than those in classic wow, including retail.

1 Like

you never heard of RP realms? they dont have sharding, or cross realm in old world zones.

That post is from like 3 weeks ago.

FF14 is a fun MOG like modern wow. Its not a true mmo.

There will be more players in Phase 2 than Phase 1. So no they wonā€™t.

We are gonna need more servers

2 Likes

Phase 3 also lol

2 Likes

It was like a cross between GW2 and WoW. I tried it and didnā€™t last a week. Rift was a better MMORPG.

1 Like

I think Naxx and Phase 6 will be the most popular it will be a time where no one is rushed to do Naxx since there is no expansion looming over Classic. So everyone can keep playing. Also after Naxx is when the game and PvP really gets interesting.

2 Likes

The M and O in MMO and MOG stand for the same thing.

FF14 is an MMORPG, itā€™s simply not an old school RPG like classic wow or its predecessors.

The biggest difference by far is the world.

Old School: need to group up
Current day: Most outdoor stuff is soloable.

Itā€™s also worth noting that the original ff14, which was scraped, was far more similar to being an old school MMO, and it flopped.

1 Like

One of the greatest things Blizzard can do for classic is not add anything beyond Naxx. I am really looking forward to reach the end and just enjoying the game knowing that all my effort wont be invalidated a month later by an expansion or content patch.

6 Likes

Thatā€™d be rad. I hope it does!

Iā€™d guess about a week ago, is when classic hit the lowest point itā€™ll hit. Thats about when the release rush tapered off, and before the constant growth the nature of WoW creates kicked in, itā€™s probably only going to grow from here.

I have.

But I canā€™t typically see them being overly populated.

The way I see it, if all realms besides RP realms need sharding, they need to for a reason

Iā€™m sure seeing 1 or 2 people from your realm is super exciting

It is, but if you can provide a link to where Blizzard has since done the opposite, please do so.

If you can do that, I will gladly say I was wrong,

We are four weeks in and the realms are showing higher pop, not decreasing by any means. Even the ones that were opened about a week ago that were low, are now filling up. I am seeing just as many people today as I saw in the beginning. To be honest, I have been a bit shocked by it.

Something else to take note of. Blizzard has said that a medium pop realm in Classic has more than a full realm had in Vanilla. Look at the realms right now. Look at all the full and high pop realms and think about how many people that actually is.

1 Like

I have no idea if classic is growing, but I can say that I play on anathema which is one of the lowest pop servers and I have no problem finding people to do things with. Stormwind and ironforge arenā€™t packed but there are always people milling around doing stuff and it seems pretty packed during peak times. I would imagine more people are still joining in to play. Regardless, itā€™s obvious the game isnā€™t going anywhere and I would bet the numbers look pretty good right now.