Classic is actually GROWING

Yes, yes there are.

No, no there arenā€™t.

2 Likes

Blizzard already debunked this themselves when they explained how servers work.

Theyā€™re actually all pretty dead on retail. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

you only see super populated hometowns after everyones 60. people are still in the level process. deviate delightā€™s org isnā€™t a ghost town by farā€¦ but eventually itā€™ll get more populated. albeit the undercity is by far the superior hometown. #forsaken #sylvanasforpresident

What server are you on?!?
Ghost towns? Not a chance!

5 Likes

I sure donā€™t but then I didnā€™t think I did in the first place.

I have no idea what the attraction is actually plus this is going to be a dead end game really for a lot of people - do people really want to spend 4 years redoing classic and bc again ?

You retailers just donā€™t get it.
Itā€™s not about the content grind, itā€™s about WPvP.

Blizzard underestimated us too and had to open up a bunch more servers.

2 Likes

It CRZ was removed, it would actually be a ghost town.

Pop was so dead on retail they had to CRZ cities :joy::joy:

6 Likes

Youā€™re still not getting it.
You keep comparing retail with classic as if they were the same game, but theyā€™re really not.
One is the never ending wait for new content because you blew through it so fast. The other is WPvP which is always new and never gets old. Two different animals.

2 Likes

Well according to people who defended retail and were believing Classic to be ā€œDoAā€ when it released and a few months beforeā€¦

Wow is wow no matter which one you play.

So Iā€™m getting to the point where I canā€™t take this contradiction >.<!!!

2 Likes

I think your point was completely lost. You never addresses the point your were commenting on.

Lmao at the angry classic fanboys that canā€™t hack retail. Sad

2 Likes

Then you must be stuck in a dead layer unfortunately. That happened to me in the second stress test. The realm was high pop but rarely saw anyone. It isnā€™t fun being on a dead layer.

On my realm, Pagle, SW is always packed with people and so are the questing zones.

I would also like to see the source for this claim.

About a week and a half to two weeks ago they made a blue post stating they were substantially raising the population cap. So what you said is the opposite of what Blizzard said.

Edit: So they increased the realm population a little less than three weeks ago. I was wrong when I originally said one and a half to two weeks ago. But still, hereā€™s Blizzardā€™s post. I havenā€™t saw anything to state otherwise.

Edit 2: Even though you didnā€™t back up your statement anywhere in this thread that I see, I will at least back up mine. This is the blue post where they state that they were substantially increasing the realm population on all realms.

Now, if you have a source from Blizzard saying the opposite, I would really like to see that.

4 Likes

Iā€™d be interested in a citation on that. Especially if it explains why they didnā€™t take the mistake out.

1 Like

They are slowly reducing the number of layers. Queue times go up with fewer layers. For example, a high pop realm with 5 layers may become a full pop realm with a queue when reduced to 3 layers.

1 Like

its about the 80/20 wpvp lel

Rob pardo, game lead at the time said in an interview it was the biggest mistake. It wasnā€™t integrated correctly and was a stand alone addition that really hosed balance for the game.

Arena really ruined WoW.

2 Likes

layers are added and removed dynamically, during the early AM all realms are low pop, even though thereā€™s no layers, because pop is based on max amount of layers possible, not what currently exists, otherwise even the no layered realms would display full until a new layer is created

You mean 80% of the population hasnā€™t quit yet, as many predicted? Classic is doing about as well as I thought it would.
The naysayers just didnā€™t WANT it to do well because they wanted to believe that BFA was the much better game. And I think that includes many people at Blizzard who were trying to justify the modern WoW design decisions and their corresponding paychecks in order to cover their own @$$es.

6 Likes