[Classic Fresh] - KILL Edgemaster's

I’ve stated that:

You’re starting off with words like, “Wrong!” in your replies to me. You are posturing as if you know something that others don’t, but you’ve given no evidence that supports that.

Anyway, my opinion is my opinion, regardless of what you think, and whether you’d like to suggest that you know something that others don’t.

It wouldn’t matter, because there are no glancing blows for ranged attacks.

I agree with you there; if this is a classic+ situation then yes perhaps changes to weapon skill (as well as the PVP system, etc.) should be discussed for sure.

(as well as feral druids’ pummeler farming situation)

1 Like

kind of tricky with that one, but yes, many go troll hunter pve, orc for pvp.

Yeah, I would love to see feral cat pull legitimate DPS w/o Pummeler, and possibly without Wolfhead’s Helm, but at the same time I have really enjoyed the powershifting mechanic.

It’s not that tricky. If in WoW Classic then yeah the +bows is nice if you’re using bows, but your best weapons are crossbows.

Why would you go troll for PVE when you’re running crossbows?

And regardless, what does that have to do with the topic? What precisely do you know that nobody else knows about the original game design?

stuff like edgies is part of the charm of vanilla. please stop trying to change everything about the game and just go play tbc or shadowlands

5 Likes

Also its a random boe epic drop… kinda crappy to make a BIS have an incredibly rare chance to drop off a range of mobs all across the world.

that would be true if it was necessary to have them to clear content

you can do MC in greens

1 Like

No, this is a bad idea as it diminishes the impact of the human racial, you already have orcs which have axe skill, and endgame axes are about equal to endgame swords.

Odd, I thought it was to experience and overcome challenges in a social atmosphere.

Yeah, when I played druid heavily I was not as focused on topping epeen charts, but instead enjoyed the massive utility and ability to fill multiple roles fairly well. To me a druid’s strength is saving the day.

That would be more the mmo part rather than the RPG part. Lots of RPG’s out there over the years that didn’t involve socializing of any kind.

You are only going to go so far without socialization in WoW for sure, but you are only going so far without the gear as well. It’s what makes MMO’s so addictive for lots of people imo. Lots of social interaction while also having that carrot to chase.

That said a single item like this isn’t that big of a deal. There were lots of design flaws in Classic, but that’s kind of what makes it what it is. Besides based on the way Blizzard has done things over the years they would probably remove the offending items rather than build in others.

How do you figure? Are you roll playing killing Onyxia over and over and over in order to get a certain piece of gear to drop so you can stop having to kill her? How many people doing so can explain the lore behind hunting down and killing Onyxia? I mean, besides being murder hobos.

I come from old school D&D, and I find it appalling what the term “RPG” is used for these days.

1 Like

These days? Games like Final Fantasy, Shining Force and Baldur’s Gate are all RPG’s and are all solo games. They were about building your character as you moved through a story and had zero interaction with another human.

There is more than one type of RPG just like there is more than one type of MMO. WoW is actually a blend of these types, which is how large numbers of players over the years have played it mostly as a solo game while others play it much more as a social game.

D&D is kind of the grandaddy of RPG’s, but the evolution of the genre didn’t stop there, it’s just kind of the trunk of the family tree. The Blues with modern music is kind of the same way.

There is a craftable 2h axe that has 2h axe skill and Obsidian Edge that has weapon skill. Most armor was removed. Weapon skill is one of the things that could be fixed. Hell I’ld play if they tooled without a sledge and they tweaked classes for balance. Change up the game, add new raids but then we are talking Classic + not Classic Fresh… (which could be both but whatever).

I hate how watered down retail is, and the cringy story…

2 Likes

Nothing charming about a Lv.44 epic being BiS in a MMO with character progression after you hit 60. But if you like charm, a full line up of +weapon skill would make it charming, fun, and interesting so fresh stays fresh.

Good, that’s the point.

There was nothing cool and interesting about sweaty private server meta of human warriors, and human rogues packing the warcraft logs for pages and pages exacerbated by world buffs.

Meanwhile no representation for other specs: moonkin, shadowpriest, ret, feral cat, non-marks hunter.

Fresh vanilla could benefit from variety of classes.

2 Likes

You clearly show in the post the smoothness of your brain for while it is the case, caster classes are needed as not all players are good with warriors and rather than adding such a thing to dimish humans we should instead balance warriors by removing all axes from the game.

But you are right we should in plus buff rets and make them alot more powerful than they are now.

I think feral druids might want to have a word with ya…

1 Like

I can draw it out for you with crayons if you need BUT, warcraft logs are still exists, rapidly available, and clearly show rogues and warriors light years ahead of all other melee and casters. Casters are essential, of course, the raid was designed that way, no one said they weren’t…but you’ll always see top guilds stack warriors and rogues over any other class. Warrior/Rogue performance is so high with racials, consumes, and world buffs. ie. warrior pushes 1-1.5k dps while “meme specs” ret/shadow/moonkin push 400-600 dps.

Translation: “you’re an idiot for suggesting warriors and rogues are too good…but other classes need a buff cuz they’re not viable” …nothing like having your cake and eat it, too. lol

Aww the elusive and majestic feral druid, has anyone ever seen on on the warcraft logs? Didn’t think so. Nice try though.

It’s cute you think those are actually important to everyone.

WOW is an MMO RPG, it’s all about building a character up to be stronger, and do it with all your buds. You’re being dishonest (or ignorant) with your approach to this topic because EVERYONE LOGS their performance one way or another, no exceptions. You’re just saying you don’t do it mathematically, but you log based on emotions, you log based on warm and fuzzies.

• Warcraft Logs: mathematics prove it under performs compared to all other melee by a massive margin.

• Warm & Fuzzies Logs: This class is weak, feels weak, and I take a beating while playing, and others do not. This is unfun.

Outcome for both scenarios: feral cat is under represented, because players are unwilling to role a weak class though its playstyle is fun, mob interactions are unfun, or players re-role’d to a stronger class, or quit the game.