[Classic Fresh] - KILL Edgemaster's

Edgemasters a Lv.44 item, shouldn’t be BiS at 60, from Phase 1 to Phase 6, for all non-humans and non-orcs.

…kill Edgemaster’s by putting in all the other gear: greens, blues, and epics that had +weapon skill on them. They were in the game and partially removed, so put them back in and take the original vision to completion.

12 Likes

To be fair - you didn’t actually need any of that stuff if you weren’t obsessed with Min/Maxing.

Just join a non-min/max guild?

12 Likes

why does it matter if these were bis? is it actually that upsetting that the item says lvl 44 on it? the fact is it had THE BEST STATS. what does it matter the level of the item?

15 Likes

if a level 44 item is BiS at level 60, then that is indicative of some kind of design oversight, yes.

5 Likes

yeah but why? does it matter what the level is, if the stats are OP who cares? edgemasters are not required either depending on gear/race choices.

3 Likes

well I like the OP’s idea of putting back in the other items that were removed for some reason:

but at the end of the day it’s not a deal breaker for me so w/e.

1 Like

You don’t need bis to clear any of the content

People did mc in greens sub 60

4 Likes

I actually kind of like this about Classic… gear doesn’t become rendered obsolete completely by the next tier. Having some BiS items come from other areas in the game is interesting!

Some are kind of weird, like edge master’s or the wolfshead helm (lulz) but I still think that’s part of the charm. Removing them, especially in the case of the latter, could also leave some awkward holes that would have to be filled.

What could happen, with Classic+, is new items introduced to replace those BiS items, or fit in between the gaps to smooth things out a bit.

16 Likes

Merely based on that? While sure, it’s possible that it is a design oversight, but it may not be also.

Personally, I like that there are items like that that that, as it allows for variety. Also, with regards to gearing, I don’t think anything gets better than Vanilla.

you wanna talk about BiS items that never get replaced just take a look at feral tank druids in classic. they never replace that wardens staff or trinkets etc etc

Those who know the game know there was a whole line up of gear and weapons (green, blues, purples) with weapon skill from 1-60, and they were removed last minute minus a handful of them.

Edgemaster’s being BiS at 60 for all phases is indicative of a problem, remove all the +weapon skill gear, or take it to completion.

Why? What problem? What sort of method would one use to measure this, and how would it be applied to other things?

Anyway, while I appreciate your opinion, statements like, “Those who know…” don’t add any value, imo. If there is an objective way to measure or determine problem, then that has value.

3 Likes

why would you want the BIS before you clear the content? why clear it at all?

sure it adds value because we understand the original design, and vision but the original team, and you do not. You’ve got a partial picture and satisfied with it being wrong.

1 Like

no one is forcing you to use it unless you want to be parsing high.

1 Like

LoL!

2 Likes

So then a level 60 green can be BiS? The problem is weapon skill, not the gloves specifically. If you want to break edgemaster should just break it for level 60s.

Going for those gloves wasn’t really a question of min/maxing, it’s too big of a buff to pretend it doesn’t exist.

So your brain stops at edgemaster’s and not all the other items that could and should have been from 44 thru 60.

You already have admitted to your ignorance, so you think your ignorance is funny?

All gear with weapon skill should just be swapped with hit %, and weapon skill racials should be changed to a bit of crit or something. Weapon skill is absurdly powerful, spending 1000g-3000g to be competitive as a non-human/orc shouldn’t be in fresh.

2 Likes

I don’t even get what you’re arguing.

You put weapon skill into the game as well stat and now a level 60 green “of the sword skill” is BiS. That’s the point.

1 Like