Classic Flying in War Within

There are world quests, Fyrakk Assault quest and I did at least two others in Azure Span and Thaldraszus with dragonriding.

Which is fine, but your opinion isn’t Blizzard’s.

I’ve already explained this. I’m pretty sure twice now. You’re obviously free to disagree with it, but it’s Blizzard’s viewpoint and stance.

Sightseeing isn’t the content or engagement Blizz is referencing. Thus why I said: this isn’t about sightseeing.

Also: I chill out while dragonriding and see everything just fine.

1 Like

LOL, Sendryn…that’s almost a trollish answer which would be sad. When has it ever mattered whose opinion an opinion is? It may be their game but I can have a valid opinion on whether a part of it is good or bad, works or doesn’t, should be improved or is good as it is. Anything anyone says here that isn’t a stated fact is by its very nature, an opinion.

Well if thats all there are, along with the dragon races, that’s a relatively small proportion of the game as a whole.

2 Likes

Well there is also the Dragon Races for the Daycare baby dragons too…in order to complete and get all the baby dragons as battle pets you had to complete a series of daily quests and some dragon racing …

Makes no sense to me

Still baffles me why TBC static flying is being restricted again …its not like Dragon Flying is part of TWW…TWW isn’t about Dragons…yes in DF I can see having to use Dragons to fly to a certain point but dang not a whole dang year before we even get a chance to use normal flying and then lock that behind a Path Finder too…

8 Likes

Isn’t the mage portal locked behind level cap? There are no additional hoops beyond that point.

You aren’t forced to grind out an xpac’s worth of reps to revered/exalted or wait until patch x.1,2,3 depending.

So not the same.

As I said before, I’m fine with both forms of flying being locked until cap. There is a case to be made for first play through being on the ground.

Once I’m cap though, none of this non-sense.

It is particularly hypocritical if you allow one, but then put the other behind some arbitrary gate. Why? What is the justification that says DR is fine but RR is not? Any of the original “experience on the ground” arguments go out the window. So what is left?

3 Likes

Yes the Mage portals are locked behind level cap…

You ask what is left…nothing…but some Dev pride and still hurt butt I guess…

3 Likes

Yip but since we have new expansion raise the cap or disable them till a mage hit max level

Flying will be mandatory. The content will be designed to require the use of dragonriding to reach required content to complete pathfinder.

4 Likes

If Dragon Flying can get too where you need to go …so can TBC normal flying…that is not enough of an excuse not to have normal flying.

7 Likes

While I agree with you that both should be available, I was just responding to a poster who was saying that all content would be available using ground transportation. We have no reason to believe this will be true. I mean, beyond faith.

5 Likes

You are a valued member of the WoW community.

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

4 Likes

A mage portal only ports you back to a city you’ve already ground your way to in the expansion, so it is gated a little, but I could live with temporary CD on it when the expansion started that later went away.

Weird that their excuse has generally always been: “We want the world to feel large. We don’t want you just flying from objective to objective too quickly.”

310% is too fast, but 830% isn’t?
Definitely convinced it’s spite at this point. Which would line up with so many people involved with making videos games that openly and actively talk about how much they dislike the people they create games for. It seems like this is becoming more and more normalized.

Playerbase: “We like this, we don’t like this. We want this, we don’t want this.”
Devs: “That’s nice. We’re gonna do it anyway. Seethe more. MONEY PLEASEEEEEE~”

11 Likes

I play WoW through VR goggles. I love Dynamic Flight because of this. Still, I can see quite easily how people can get motion sickness, even just on a flatscreen. I wish they would just allow us to Steady Flight right away, though, because it looks amazing through a VR headset as well.

1 Like

It is for spite …plain and simple…they rather have us zoom zoom zoom from one to another but if I want to putt putt putt from one place to another I can’t…that is not allowed even though a lot of their player base gets sick to their stomachs…or has issue with disabilities…or vision issues…nope you folks got to wait and do the time gating to get your normal flying back…

13 Likes

close one eye

I can’t I am blind in one eye…and that is silly way to try to do dragon flying…

3 Likes

i wish they would do a lot more stuff like this: Examples
Why should fire hurt being of fire. Same for cold.
Why is damage the same across the board. Reintroduce various kinds of resistances. It doesn’t have to be gear if your going into a fire dungeon make sure there are short term fire resistance buffs casters can put on players it would add to the fantasy.
Change up the damage types in the dungeons and raids randomly
none of this stuff is impossible.
Hunter pets that have specific skills and are good for different environments. Not just 3 types . Give a reason for hunters to have multiple pets on the ready
So much could be done to make the game less stagnate. .
Blizz shot it self in the foot years ago,

to much CAn’t. Try the word can.