Classic Flying in War Within

Beta for TWW is going to be spicy.

That is all I can say for now.

:thinking:

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

2 Likes

I think a lot of people like DR, but the people that don’t like it tend to REALLLLLLLY dislike it and/or not be able to use it for medical reasons.

Do tell how the slow flying use slow down content consumption when everyone gets Dragon Flying right off the bat when TWW opens up…sure it might stop a few folks who can’t do the DR at all but many of us may have to put up with this crap of DR …again how can slow flying make content go faster…that’s a new one to me.

6 Likes

Classic flying makes it very easy to hover over goal and drop right in on them. That avoids mobs.

1 Like

Its great for looking for wild battle pets out in the wild too…

4 Likes

It is easier with stealth but stealth classes are not popular in WoW, so I do not believe that it is game breaking.

3 Likes

You know you can avoid mobs with dragonriding as well right?

2 Likes

With practice, pin-point landings are possible with dynamic flight. Your point?

I already had 16+ yrs of practice with normal flying …

9 Likes

It can be, but for me classic flight is much easier. Can you hover with DF?

What upsets you about some of us using classic flying?

3 Likes

You misunderstand, and it’s likely that I misunderstood you. I lose nothing if you get your preferred mode of flight. I want both available. It’s just that I don’t expect to use TBC flight much, if at all.

8 Likes

Their idea of hoover with DF now is just a sudden stop in the air that’s it…with no forward movement or uprising you’re going to go down…

1 Like

If they did, I don’t get it. How does being able to fly over the landscape very fast while monitoring your vigor actually engage more with the world? I watch the world more why using standard flight than I ever manage to do with dynamic. It’s just…odd.

11 Likes

Trust me Kneeshooter normal flying is more engaging …as you said you see more of the world as you putt by …not some blurs whizzing by…

8 Likes

Normal flying skips content, doesn’t engage in it. No one is talking about looking at the scenery. They’re talking about how you move through the air, objects, the quests created for it, how you land, how you skim, the dragon races, etc.

This isn’t about sightseeing.

1 Like

Obviously how you move through the air is different from standard flight, which is the issue for a lot of us.

?

The only quests I can think of (aside from the initial quests to get dragonriding) are the races. Which again are a problem for some of us. If there are other quests specifically created for driding, I cant recall them.

Again, sure that is a part of the techniques of dragonriding. I get that. My points related more to why dragonriding, as an activity, engages you more in the world. Its requirements and techniques engage you in itself. Beyond that (and with regard to some actual activities created especially for it) it seems less engaging to me.

PS: about the only actual dragonriding activity I do find ‘engaging’ (ie useful) is the ability to stay mounted while collecting ore or herbs. And for herbs, at least, that isn’t a new thing.

5 Likes

Dragonriding doesn’t engage with content either. It’s not content, it’s transportation. It’s a method of getting to content. Regular flying and dragonriding doesn’t skip any content, they’re both a method to get to the content.

10 Likes

Yes it in my world I am sightseeing…I’d rather be seeing nice trees and flowers and animals on the ground with normal putt putt flying then some color blur as I zoom by 1,000 miles an hour while Dragon flying…I live by Motto …Stop and Smell the Roses…it was my US Navy Boot Camp Batt motto…

9 Likes

BlizZard thinks that it is content but we are proving them wrong.

Just like how they thought rental systems = content they think that DR = content.

That is their mindset but it is our job to break that mindset because it is a huge step back for the game.

3 Likes

By your logic so is mage portal mage teleport all forms of speed increase abilities so let’s put all them behind a time gate every expansion

1 Like