Classic Flying in War Within

Its not called dragon riding anymore, they renamed it to dynamic flight… and it applies to almost ever mount that can fly now

1 Like

I don’t afk with normal flying…and why wouldn’t I use dragon flying …tell you why it stinks …its hard on my hands and wrists…it also upsets my stomach too…

6 Likes

All this. I don’t understand the “they took water walking” complaint…all my toons have it. You just have the toon with Anglers rep go there, buy it, then mail the mount equipment to the others. :woman_shrugging:t4:

I get people like noclip and people like flight for different reasons. There is a placeholder pathfinder achieve already in the alpha, which there wasnt in the .0 patches for DF or SL, which would imply you can get the war within pathfinder during the .0 patch.
Or once you get to max level and do a few things. Cata was the only xpack where we had flight when the xpacl started that wasnt dynamic flight, so waiting until max level for noclip isnt a big deal.

Wouldnt it make more sense to see what happens with that placeholder achieve?

1 Like

Then general WOW gameplay must hurt as well since the number of binds, keystrokes and APM needed to get from A to B with Dynamic flight is less than a basic Class rotation.

Yeah who needs wheelchair ramps, they should just wait for a person without the disability to carry them up the stairs. Hell they have working arms (ground mounts) so Wheelchair andy can just use those to crawl up the stairs.

What a good point! People with disabilities should just get over it honestly!

6 Likes

By your profile seems you haven’t been in game long…the complaint was from those of us that worked hours and hours to get those Water Walking mounts in the first place …to only have their ability to walk on water taken away cause a small minority of the player base complained it took too long to get either of the Water Strider mounts…some of us did the work twice once in MoP and second time in WoD.

5 Likes

Ah yes my meme character really tells a lot about me, I have the statue from the 10 year anniversary for not having missed any sub time since launch. Ive played every piece of content, there might have been complaints both ways but the stated reason was because it opened up and allowed people to use more mounts.

Been here since before BC (though I took a break after Cata came out and came back just before Legion), so you’d be wrong.

I can understand why it would feel frustrating feeling like you did a lot of work for nothing. But then again, you did get the strider mount and the accompanying water walking before others did, so it wasn’t exactly “nothing”, either.

They give you a ramp, there are npcs on most quest that require flight (such as the one in the intro questlines to emerald dream) that will either transport you to the location you need to go or complete the quest for you if its an entirely air based quest. Which from my experience in the alpha so far, has only been a few quest that absolutely require flight.

1 Like

LOL @work. You did Fishing Dailies which took 10 min. each day.

We also got free Mount equipment. It netted out exactly the same in the end but it wouldn’t be WOW unless someone was butt hurt about trivial nonsense.

2 Likes

If DR is truly better, faster, harder then wouldn’t it make more sense to allow regular flying at launch and restrict DR?? Or at least have them both available?? Or both restricted??
There is no VALID reason that DR is allowed and regular flying isn’t. :hear_no_evil::see_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

10 Likes

I kinda wish they would. I have no skin in the game. I enjoy dynamic riding, but also enjoy static. Especially for short trips or for treasures in trees and such. Makes it easier. At this point, with dynamic being the default and now going to be available day 1 of an expansion, there isnt a reason to have regular flying do the same.

I am not affected with issues needing static, but if Dynamic is going to be the standard from now on, just make both available at the exact same time. The time gate of just one makes no sense when the other and more superior version is available immediately. There is nothing gained or lost by the game to pull this bandaid off quickly.

And for the record im not anti noclip, im saying based on available data from the alpha its likely you will get pathfinder during the initial part of the xpack. And that youve only had flight pre max level (excluding DF) once in cata. So letting people who are ok with dynamic flight have it at launch and giving everyone both at max level isnt a huge deal, we have to see what happens with the placeholder in alpha. But right now the information implies youll get it at max level not far into it so what a handful of hours?

1 Like

The problem is Im fine with either form of flight, but the noclip only crew likes to accuse the developers of having this ego and bitterness about flight from wod, when the noclip crowd is just as angry about dynamic flight and pathfinder.

1 Like

You are a valued member of the WoW community.

Thank you.,

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

2 Likes

Yes, my understanding with everything Blizzard has put out, TBC flight will be available once a person hits max level, explored all the zones and completed the main quest line. This at the start of the xpac, not 10 months down the road or added content, such as extra zones or extra main quest lines in future patches within the new xpac. But from the start.

They have stated they have no plans in removing TBC flight, however they do state they consider Dynamic Flight to be the new standard in flight as being main way to fly going forward in WoW. This is why Dynamic Flight is being given right at the start of the next xpac.

1 Like

Although it just goes to show how tenacious Blizz is at holding onto their pet projects. Even though we already had flying in DF they still had to work in their little Pathfinder mechanic.

5 Likes

Honestly this is one of the worst thing they’ve ever done to the game.

1 Like

If you played df it took like an hour to get it when emerald dream opened.

1 Like