Classic Era Updated to Version 1.14.0

I mean, I appreciate what they are doing with some keywords. We can’t expect Blizzard to update everyone’s addon code. That’s where patch notes come in super handy, though? I’m not sure what it’s like to work over there these days after everything. I don’t see the point in being abusive about it.

What they should do about population is just merge all the servers. Create a fresh pve/pvp server… call it Season 2. The first guild to beat the last boss in Naxx gets a special title, and the whole server is merged with everyone, just like in diablo, you’re now non-seasonal character. Season 3 starts. Rinse repeat. You wouldn’t even have to do anything once it’s set up. If you don’t like the server first idea, make it a timed season, w/e.

I will roll a new char every ‘season’. It would keep pvp fun and fresh as a wave of players gets to enjoy world pvp like used to happen back in the day. Not sure I even care about the endgame as much as doing 5 man dungeons and some pvp.

5 Likes

thank goodness diablo 2 remastered isn’t completely broken yet so blizzard may continue to cash in on a former version of themself’s superior creativity and innovation for years to come :slight_smile:

1 Like

bro your lucky your not a bowl of fruit right now

7 Likes

how come my ram doesn’t make any noises when i press jump now??? Did this get patched out??

1 Like

Is this patch important? Cause the game is unplayable now.

7 Likes

Yes. Unfortunately Blizz saw fit to remove all mount special noises aside from the initial mounting sound. I have no idea why but I reported it as a bug in the PTR. Seems like it was an intentional move, though.

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply. This is dumb AF.

6 Likes

As of this “update”, wow classic addons are completely now unusable and the game is rendered into this unplayable state currently. I’m really hoping the changes will be reverted ASAP because this is a huge quality of life loss to a game that’s already on life support. This is so ridiculous and the really saddening party is knowing that any pleas for fixes will fall only on deaf ears.

8 Likes

1.14 Patch Notes

-Fixed an issue where we found players playing on Classic Era servers.

40 Likes

Classic WOW to me is bridge, monopoly or bowling. I like playing classic games. I am also dysfunctionally, visually impaired who plays RPG to actually escapemy reality a while and cannot play with out addons at all. Not that the addons make it easier, but I cannot play the game without them. Powerful. I hope the time comes quickly that people migrate back to classic or that those of us left are mashed together for high population server(s) to play the game again. At least that was my hope yesterday. Now I hope for updates too.

5 Likes

Please, please, please undo these changes until there is actual addon support for them. This absolutely ruins my gameplay experience.

7 Likes

Doubting things get updated by developers on a client that 100 people use

Ah so the problem is the addon developers, not blizzard, Got it!

Can’t remove this change… how else will they add microtransactions to Era?

Also, no one is coming back as long as the copy paywall - that no one even uses - exists

4 Likes

Guess East coast can free transfer to West coast but that’s it. Both East coast clusters are still separate.

2 Likes

Yeah, gonna give em some time to sort this out before I cancel or anything, but i’m gonna see what bleep is all about in the meantime. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yea I don’t understand the point of how these transfers are setup, just connect everything.

was hoping for guild vaults or race change, or instant in game mail not broken addons and auto dismount.

This patch is intended to update our infrastructure, and does not include content changes. Part of the infrastructure updates requires us to update our Addon API, which can break existing addons, as any patch can.

However, while we can’t guarantee the behavior of any specific addon, it’s possible that addons currently supported in Burning Crusade Classic will now work for Classic Era. Addon authors should be able to make that determination for their specific addons.

Regarding camera and targeting issues, we suggest that you check your interface options for Camera Following Style (Esc/Interface Options/Camera) and Sticky Targeting (Esc/Interface Options/Controls). These may have changed from the setting you were expecting.

If you continue to experience issues, please report them in our Bug Report forum.

Thank you!

7 Likes

I dont expect blizzard to personally fix every addon they did not create. However, I do expect them to understand that addons in classic era most likey do not have any support anymore.

At this point it seems like any 1.13 addons loaded will completely break the game.

Problems I experience are when loading out of date addons seems to be:

• not being able to click on large section of the center of the screen, imagine an invisible box that takes up maybe 75% of the center screen that clicking does not work in. This means not possible to move / turn the camera, impossible to target or interact with NPC / mailbox by clicking on it unless i click on the far edges of the game screen.

• Spell keybindings do not seem to work what so ever.

At this point I only see a few options.

• Can play classic era with no addons, (not ideal) but im sure whats left of the anti addon purists (all 3 of them) love this.

• Can hope that the addon makers come back and update their 1.13 addons to work in 1.14. This is what used to happen every patch and continues to happen in other versions of wow (retail and TBCC) but is unlikely to happen in classic era since the player population has been gutted and addons have historically been maintained by the community.

• blizzard can revert classic era to 1.13

• the few people who played and enjoyed classic era still stop playing and it really dies for good.

Can confirm updated a lot of my addons to their TBC companions, and now all my addons are functioning! Thank you sir!

1 Like