Classic Era Updated to Version 1.14.0

We’ve completed maintenance on Classic Era to upgrade to version 1.14.0, and all realms are again live.

At this time on Americas and Oceanic Classic Era realms, we have closed the in-game shop while we fix a shop-related bug. We expect to open the in-game shop back up soon.

9 Likes

Are there any patch notes available?

8 Likes

Oh great, we get shadowlands APIs that removed SetBackdrop that every classic era addon was using. Can’t even move there are so many lua errors. Doubting things get updated by developers on a client that 100 people use either :frowning: Why would you not just deprecate the API call for the classic client and leave it in place? Very doubtful people will support this and these add-ons will be lost until others fork them now.

Edit: You also broke the usable items checkbox on the AH. It displays recipes already learned. In the past it would not display learnable recipes if already known.

24 Likes

This has proper broken my UI also. ElvUI is completely unusable now.

10 Likes

This update is actually devastating. Many addons are broken, probably never to be updated again.

Don’t hold back, tell us how you really feel about your player base.

21 Likes

ok so the guild tabards are screwed up? and the auction house what about that you? you click the usable box and shows you want you dont want to see now

7 Likes

My computer can no longer play this game, even at it’s lowest settings. Thanks for the heads up about changing the minimum system requirements on a 17 year old game.

19 Likes

Unfortunate

4 Likes

update broke the one addon I use

server is empty either way… any word on a fresh server?.. there’s nobody to do dungeons with outside of the raid brigade, which won’t last long without new players

8 Likes

Why is there an in-game shop on Classic era servers?

17 Likes

Yep, what were you guys thinking here Kaivax? None of our addons work, and the community that can make/modify these addons are likely not here anymore. You have made this unplayable. Revert immediately.

8 Likes

Kaivax, when are the real WoW players going to play a fresh start?
Can you give us an ETA ?
Thank you

1 Like

Well, this unnecessary update has broken all my addons that make this game a bit enjoyable. Please fix asap.

10 Likes

I was considering re-downloading the classic client to try it again. Not after reading these comments. Yikes

6 Likes

This update is trash. Broke all addons. Game unplayable. Please revert.

17 Likes

Man the #NoChanges people are probably super pumped with zero addons. lol

7 Likes

Every time I see a blue post I think that finally blizzard will say something about more server merges or address the population problem or say something about fresh… but I guess releasing a patch where most addons stopped working with no patch notes regarding the changes made is more important.

16 Likes

they don’t even give us full patch notes for TBC, per reddit mod he’s “confirmed kara attun was removed with t5 coming out” and blizzard didn’t even tell us this was intended.

2 Likes

Servers have 2-10 people playing on them at any given time. blizzard is sleeping. bots running ramped throughout TBC with no help. blizzard is sleeping. 0 updates for any games no transparency. cash shop is broken Blizzard all hands on deck trying to fix it asap.

8 Likes

Vote with your $$, it’s the only thing Blizzard pays attention too now. Unsubbed till they revert to 1.13.

5 Likes