Classic Era Updated to Version 1.14.0

Thanks for deleting my criticism, made the decision to cancel my 2 accounts easy. If you don’t want criticism, don’t arbitrarily break a game that you offer next to no support for and have left on life support.

8 Likes

Do you know if it fixes details! and item rack? are you just overwriting the 1.13 version with the 2.5.1 version? (or w/e the TBC version is)

My avatar no longer represents either my hairstyle or its color.

And really don’t see myself playing my shaman without a totem bar. Every time I begin to feel hopeful about the population recovering Blizzard screws the pooch.

Will try the TBC version of the addon and see if that works.

Re: Details!

Confirmed, TBC’s Details (most current) works on Classic Era to record dmg and healing.
You’ll continue to get the error about using the wrong version when you log in, but it works normally.

You might have to rebuild some windows if you used multiple ones, but that’s easy enough.

For the install I deleted out the old details folders from Interface/Addons entirely.
Then copied in the new TBC ones (less folders as a result). When I logged this character in (which I hadn’t done yet) all was well.

Other characters I had logged in before so, had their Details visuals set to the chrome looking default. Copying this character’s Detail’s SavedVariables.lua’s into the toons the others restored the look.

As an addon author, this is very inaccurate. in fact most authors already updated addons for 1.14.0, by making them work with 2.5.x. They literally just need to backport a few minor changes back to classic era and be done. Most addons need less than 5 minutes of work to fix just replacing a few backdrop calls and they will already be familar with the change because they already made it for TBC classic.

8 Likes

Thanks Who and Kaivax for your responses.
Every little bit helps.

1 Like

Well here’s hoping they do

1 Like

I believe I’ve figured out how to get Elvui to work in Classic Era. I got it to work for myself but walking a guildie thru it now to confirm.

Well don’t tease us how did you do it?!

How to get Elvui 2.18 (current TBC version) to work in Classic Era 1.14

1. Clean install Elvui 2.18 for TBC into your addons folder
  • if you had Elvui folders in there, remove them.
  1. Within the folder ElvUI in interface/addons rename the file “ElvUI_TBC.toc” to “ElvUI-Classic.toc”

2. Within the folder ElvUI_OptionsUI in interface/addons rename the file “ElvUI_OptionsUI_TBC.toc” to “ElvUI_OptionsUI-Classic.toc”

3. Load game and confirm at character log-in that the game now sees the ‘Elvui-Classic’ in the addons section (and it’s options partner). If you see it, enter the game.

Enjoy!

6 Likes

If you play on PvP East 1 and this helped you, I love Dreamfoil as a way to say thanks! :slight_smile:

He was a racist ram so now he’s being censored; just like everyone else :frowning:

1 Like

Genius. if we meet on Whitemane…

I highly doubt “Black list” has anything to do with race. It’s just a color used in a lot of expressions. It seems over the top politically correctness.

It’s hilarious we might have irremediably lost our addons for that!

I dont use addons, still just frustrated my guild tabard doesn’t even work anymore

2 Likes

Thank you for the new patch which also brings native arm (m1) support for Classic Era on the Mac.

To those that have add-on issues you could ask the addon authors for an update or even send them a tip if you find their addon useful and would like it updated.

1 Like

The confusion comes from why did addons break; the Classic Era API hasn’t changed in 14 years.

So the question is: What changed?

Fixing addons i maintain is fine, but what could have possibly changed?

• did they port the TBC api back to vanilla?
  • did they port the retail shadowlands api back to vanilla?
  • what is Blizzard’s long-term vision for addons in classic era?
  • Should the classic addons be able to rely on the classic API?
  • is there a long-term goal to move all “classic” versions (tbc, classic era) to the “current” retail API?
  • will the vanilla API change again when classic Wrath comes out?

I need to have some direction; so i know what to be aiming for.

2 Likes

Same here. Blizzard has continued to demonstrate they care NOTHING about user feedback and after 17 years of playing this game, I am done. In fact, I will never invest the time and money in another Blizzard game if this is how they feel about their customer base.

7 Likes

Geez… It might be time to finally move on. If 1.14 is not rolled back I can’t see staying on.

5 Likes