Classic Era Patch Updates

Bring back Stormrend!!!

I’ll die on this hill. Keep pushing for our voice to be heard, alliance.

3 Likes

Flying mounts? LMFAO!

1 Like

Which toon do you raid on? Curious to know if you even play era

1 Like

Stormrend? LMFAO!

1 Like

Yeah, I played as Haseo on Westfall and am currently Ivoire on Defias Pillager HC. I can post from those toons if it makes you feel better. Better yet come say hello to me in game.

I’d be happy to talk to you about my history with the game and how I was one of the signers of the petition that contributed to efforts that made classic a thing.

1 Like

I’ve said it before and I’m saying it again Kaivax, now would be a great time to pitch the idea of a separate client, fresh Era for those of us who want to maintain a pure experience of the game. And those who want changes like MoS can have it here. The Era crowd get a fresh start, the old UIs and systems without Boon like we originally had. And the people here can have their changes. It’s a cheap investment to make that pleases both sides of the fence. We don’t need a large amount of servers, keep it small, and cluster us all at the start to alleviate naming issues but keep content populated and we’re golden.

1 Like

Give these Alliance dogs their Stormrend back and maybe they’ll be as good as the HORDE!!!

#RENDHEADFORALL #MIGHTOFSTORMWIND #STORMREND #HEAROURPRAYERS

3 Likes

Ha Ha… no.

How about you go play on a fresh classic+ server if you want to start all over in a different version of the game.

Classic Era players that have been raiding for years to acquire best-in-slot gear on their characters simply want era to be preserved without additional changes so they can continue playing.

2 Likes

Someone’s putting together a gofundme to hire a plane to fly around blizzards hq with a banner to bring back STORMREND…

4 Likes

Why do I want to start over fresh in a new version? I’m wanting a fresh start in an old version that’s untouched by updates like Boon, UI and such. That wouldn’t be Classic +, that’s “This is Classic keep your dirty hands off of it.” The majority of the raiding crowd on Era aren’t interested in it untouched or else we wouldn’t have this outcry over the buff. They want to play and slave over the buff meta. This gives both crowds what they want.

Could you share the link to that? I’d like to contribute

3 Likes

Day number 3 of asking for might of the storm wind back

2 Likes

Now this… this is a legendary idea. I am not for the buff returning but kudos to whoever thought of it, and my hat off to them if it actually happens.

2 Likes

We can’t post links here, but it’s floating around in the Mankrik Cluster Discords.

2 Likes

Gofundme STORMREND BANNER gofund . me / 67f3c65b

3 Likes

I think ultimately what I realized and why I changed my mind about MoS is this addition to the game comes down to two basic principles that I think Blizzard should be very in favor of (and in fact I think the history of the company and many of the things espoused by the devs throughout the years indicates they are in favor of these two things):

Accessibility and equality.

It makes the game more accessible for people in the same way the PvP update/honor system update did. Blizzard even said it in the pvp update that they wanted to instill a better real life/in-game balance so people weren’t having to essentially lock themselves in a room for two months to access R14 gear. To me this MoS introduction does a similar thing, just for the raiding community. We could sometimes literally shave HOURS off our daily play time waiting to catch a lucky rend from the horde if a scheduled rend goes awry. Blizzard should be in favor of greater accessibility for people to raid and play the game thus should bring back MoS.

It also introduces an equality aspect that keeps the core faction elements the same (horde shamans/alliance paladins as well as racials) but creates equality among the factions as it relates to World Buffs. The differences between the factions are important and we need to keep those but since rend can be obtained by the Alliance (just with an unequal effort) MoS creates better equality between the two factions while keeping a distinctiveness between Horde and Alliance. MoS creates greater equality across factions both in game in IRL (but also not breaking anything in the game since Alliance can currently get the buff-just with unequal effort) by allowing alliance players to put in similar time and get a similar result. Blizzard should be in favor of greater equality for people to raid and play the game thus should bring back MoS.

But in addition to both of those reasons, and the reasons by compatriots have stated in this very long thread, they should do it because it would further invigorate a community that many of the naysayers in this thread have claimed is “dead”. If it is dead as they stated, then shock it back to life with MoS.

The choice is obviously Blizzards to make but at this point it feels obvious…

2 Likes

bring back mos!

1 Like

so again why is this the breaking point?

• pvp ranking overhaul
  • no raid party ques for pvp
  • chronoboons
  • dispel able world buffs

why is this the one that breaks the camels back?

2 Likes

sod exist, you can play it.

2 Likes

Hey Laerine, we’re playing Era for a reason.

Nice dismissive feedback however.

2 Likes