Classic Era Patch Updates

Major factors that contributed to the negative reactions to MoS were:

1. It was a set of changes that were included in a SoD patch, tailored to SoD players.
  2. For a couple of days you communicated nothing to Era players about these changes.

I felt like this was part of a continuing pattern of neglecting Era and my reflex reaction to the changes including MoS was therefore negative. I signed the petition to revert the changes. Of course not a single Era player was asking for Druids polearms, so fighting this package of incidental changes was natural.

Now you are hearing from Era players that MoS is something they want and it does not negatively impact the Vanilla experience. So I’ve changed my mind, give Era MoS back. And in the future, if you break out of this pattern of neglecting Era and instead communicate, you’ll get a much better reaction come patch day.

2 Likes

In the heart of battle’s fury, where swords clash and cries resound,
A Warchief stands with grim resolve, his destiny unbound.
Stormwind’s walls may rise so tall, their valor tested strong,
But even in the darkest fall, a bond unbreakable belongs.

When the dust settles on the field, and victory’s sweet scent unfurls,
Know that in this fate revealed, our spirits are the pearls.
For though my head be severed now, and darkness claims my form,
A gift I give with solemn vow, to calm the raging storm.

For in my final breath’s release, a boon to those who fight,
A surge of strength that will not cease, to shield you in the night.
Through the echoes of the battleground, where memories are made,
My legacy forever found, in the price that I have paid.

So hear me, people of Stormwind fair, as my spirit takes its flight,
In this act of love and dare, embrace the gift of might.
For though our lands may e’er divide, in battle we were one,
In valor, courage side by side, until the battle’s done.

Remember me when shadows fall, and raise your banners high,
For in the sacrifice of all, our unity will fly.
And when the day’s last light descends, and peace at last is found,
Know that our bond transcends, in spirit ever bound.
-Rend Blackhand

#BRINGBACKSTORMREND

1 Like

I love classic Wow; I personally never played the original version back in the day due to a single reason " I didn’t want this game to suck me in and spend all my day playing it." As I grew older, I was approached by a friend to play it and was given a shot. I’ve been playing very consistently (5+ raids a week) for the last 6 ish months. Having the might of StormWind was one of the best changes I have experienced. Unfortunately, I work a lot, and I don’t have unlimited time to coordinate, travel, and secure rend/ other buffs. It is already taking a good hour to prepare everything for a raid. Wow, the classic is already a fairly punishing game. It was designed for a time when most of the player base was way younger. And that’s the key issue here: “TIME.” I don’t want to make drastic changes to the game itself, but giving me a chance to save 5-10 hours a week buffing toons would be great. There should be a realization that most current players are older, married, and have families, jobs, and commitments. Now that the change was implemented and people got to taste the power of rend, they will be surprised by the hoops you need to jump to get it as alliance (Good luck!)
Furthermore, I’ve never seen the server become so active and UBRS become a desirable 10-man raid. It was an amazing thing to see so many new toons leveling up and so many UBRS being run. But all of that is gone now. It gave a reason for the Naxx players to interact with newer players and help them get into the raiding scene.

Please bring back the might of Stormwind; I want to play more golf instead of sitting looking for buffs!!

2 Likes

Free me from this nightmare, my master is bitter and cruel. Every day atop the hill, everyday a thrashing. I only wish to finally get my last serpentbloom from the wailing caverns, but I am confined to this spot. I asked him once what my purpose was and all he said was “you give sunbuff”.

bring back stormrend. Let me slip these bonds

1 Like

Friends, warriors, and allies of Stormwind,

Today, we gather not in mourning, but in reverence and gratitude for a formidable adversary turned unexpected benefactor. Warchief Rend Blackhand, once the scourge of our lands, now leaves behind a legacy that transcends the tumultuous history between our peoples.

In the shadow of Upper Blackrock Spire, amidst the clash of steel and the crackle of arcane power, Warchief Rend met his end. His valor in battle was undeniable, his leadership unyielding. Yet, it was not in victory that he secured his place in our hearts, but in his final act of selflessness.

As his head was severed from his body, a profound transformation occurred. Instead of darkness and despair, a surge of strength emanated forth—a gift bestowed upon those within the hallowed halls of Stormwind Keep. This unexpected boon, a testament to his resolve and the depth of his character, now stands as a shield against the encroaching shadows.

Warchief Rend Blackhand, in his defeat, has granted us a lasting reminder of the unity that can emerge from strife, and the potential for redemption even in the darkest of moments. His sacrifice, though once borne of conflict, now serves as a beacon of hope and reconciliation.

Let us remember him not only as a fearsome adversary vanquished, but as a catalyst for newfound unity and strength. May his legacy inspire us to strive for peace, to cherish alliances, and to honor the unexpected gifts that arise from the ashes of battle.

Rest now, Warchief Rend Blackhand, in the annals of history and in the hearts of those whose lives you touched. Your final act of generosity has forged a bond that shall endure beyond the passage of time.

Farewell, noble warrior. Your spirit lives on in the courage of those you once called foes.

bring back mos or ill hit you with the attitude adjustment

3 Likes

Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Take away MoS,
and the alliance QQ.

5 Likes

im bring back stormrend camp but this was good lmao

1 Like

In the name of honor and in recognition of the bonds forged in battle, I, Warchief Rend Blackhand of Upper Blackrock Spire, do hereby declare my final testament to the people of Stormwind.

To those who stand steadfast against the tides of chaos, whose courage rivals even the fiercest storm, I bequeath a gift born from the crucible of conflict—a boon that shall bolster your strength and embolden your resolve.

Let it be known that upon my defeat, a transformation shall unfold. In the moment my head is severed from my body, I invoke a legacy of unity and mutual respect. From the depths of this turmoil, I offer unto you the “Might of Stormwind”:

• For the warriors who bear arms in defense of their kin, I bestow an increase in health, fortifying their bodies against the onslaught of foes.
  • For those whose blades cleave through darkness and despair, I grant a swiftness of hand, enhancing melee attack speed to strike with unparalleled ferocity.
  • And to the arcane weavers and wielders of mana, whose mastery over the elements shapes the very fabric of our world, I gift an accelerated regeneration of energy, that they may weave spells of protection and empowerment without pause.

This blessing, born of my defeat, is not merely a token of reconciliation, but a testament to the resilience and unity that can emerge from strife. May it serve as a reminder that even in the heat of battle, alliances can be forged and strength can be found in unexpected places.

To the leaders of Stormwind, I entrust the stewardship of this gift. Let it be wielded with wisdom and compassion, for the benefit of all who call these lands home.

In witness thereof, I affix my seal and signature, this day of my final battle, beneath the shadow of Upper Blackrock Spire.

Warchief Rend Blackhand

1 Like

Like how you cried to take it away?

2 Likes

You mean the feedback I provided? In that case, yes.

3 Likes

“It’s only crying when someone I disagree with does it, when I do it’s feedback.”

smooth post though 7/10

2 Likes

I am not chiefly concerned with the “aliveness” of the game so I don’t know why you’re bringing that upon me. But my position is that I never got to play Vanilla because I started playing WoW in 2021 - I only play Classic to tour the museum of the original game. I want all the unevenness, imbalances, etc that comes with that experience. Saying “Well they’ve already done X and Y so why not Z” doesn’t convince me of anything or make me feel different - I don’t want any more changes.

4 Likes

The difference is I put my money where my mouth was. I also didnt resort to trolling, emo poetry, baseless accusations, caps locking and hysteria.

I said I dont like SoD changes in Era and if thats how its going to go down Im not going to play it. I wasn’t alone either.

4 Likes

Era is a museum…you dont change things in it. You enjoy it as it is.

Either embrace the imperfections of Classic as it is or…play retail or SOD

Its simple.

4 Likes

You were upset enough you quit. Pretty much textbook crying. Looking inward the same way you look at others is difficult but clarity is good for the ego.

This is entirely here to elicit a response from those you disagree with, it’s a troll post lmao. Rhymes well, but still a troll post.

FWIW: you can do what you want, just calling out a double standard/hypocritical post when I see it.

1 Like

I think the community is just looking at this the wrong way. If anything they should understand this was never truly a change they meant to happen. If Era was on a separate client like we asked for, this would never have been a thing. The community should be upset at the snub we’re being given about how it was intentional and then trying to con us into believing this was done due to feedback.

Nowhere can I find any discussion of this on the Era forums beforehand to show any indication Blizzard had feedback to work with that said “Yeah they want us to change the game with X change.” We have other incidents that changes to the client for SoD’s sake have bled over into Era. So instead of being genuine, they give us the typical PR trick of never admitting a mistake and then flipping it around to be a big win, that the consumer was heard.

This discussion wouldn’t have happened had they just given us a separate client like we asked for ages ago. This entire situation was just a blunder, there is nothing "intentional’ to it.

7 Likes

then it’s not a museum

That’s not crying, that’s taking a stand. You guys will whine for another month but still log in everyday. Big difference.

If you want to call poking fun at people trolling I can’t entirely disagree. But my intent isnt so much to troll as it is to show how ineffective it is as an counter argument. Although I must confess that might not be the intent of their poetry.

Here’s the difference. I had a legitimate gripe. Pro MoS players do not.

2 Likes

It’s a caveat for sure, but it doesn’t make me feel “Okay, screw it, make all the changes you want” either. Sorry.

3 Likes