Classic Era Patch Updates

No, I can read just fine. You’ve shown me nothing that says Ion didn’t mention our efforts of polls, emails, petitions and unsubbing didn’t get us flight, nor have you quoted me stating me directly saying Ion mentioned anything on the Classic changes. It’s just “Irrelevant! LOLOLOL.” If it’s so easy to dismiss anything I’ve said, you could take 2 minutes to post proof instead of our back and forth. or you can crawl back into the wood work.

Its not enough for them to say they just want it though. They need a valid argument, like the one people had to get it reverted. They don’t have that - so they’re engaging in the usual sophist arguments: I have a life, its just the horde that want it, Blizz is clueless, changes happened so this change can happen etc.

3 Likes

ITT a lot of horde players not realizing that Alliance losing an Alliance buff brings out mostly Alliance Players.

This is a non issue lmao

Good decision.
Ignore the people who don’t understand Vanilla’s charm and willingly torture themselves every week for a single optional buff.

5 Likes

Once again Blizz, thank you for changing the game back to where it should be.

Looking forward to your efforts on eliminating the guild pane or an option to go back to the old one.

3 Likes

i mean it’s pretty simple math

bring back stormrend

3 Likes

Please bring back Might of Stormwind so I can avoid Shell’s torture.

See that’s what I’m all about is options. I’m currently playing the Paper Mario TTYD remaster and I get the option to enjoy the new or the old OST. Not being fond of the newer tracks, I prefer the old but it doesn’t force someone to listen to it should they enjoy the new arrangements.

Options are always good and generally well received. Add the new UI but leave an option for the old. Changes that impact playstyle and gameplay are always divisive. Regardless of pro buff or anti buff, we are all here on common ground that Era was to be as close to WoW Vanilla as possible and that common ground shouldn’t have been disturbed.

2 Likes

WoW is not a democracy.

Thank the big guy for that or we’d all be in a sweaty RMT meta taliban by now.

3 Likes

oh my sweet summer child

1 Like

If players dont want MoS just click it off - it’s that simple.

I know it seems that simple, but to purposefully ignore an advantage the game easily provides to you feels foolish and is completely counter to the kind of decision making you’d make elsewhere. If the buff is provided, people will use it, even begrudgingly-so.

It reminds me of people who wanted dungeon finder added to the WotLK Classic servers early, saying “If you don’t want to use the dungeon finder then you don’t have to!” (Obviously, once it was implemented, it killed dungeon grouping through LFG chat).

1 Like

I’ve never felt compelled to reply on the forums until this moment, but I can assure you I’ve been playing this daily for a LONG time. Just because people were inspired to speak up because this is such a big issue doesn’t mean they are bots. Get your head out of your a$$ and actually read the room. Stormrend was a massive QOL improvement, and the overwhelming sentiment among the community that actually plays is that it was a positive change. The problem was a vocal minority influencing the reversion, while a vast majority of players that enjoyed the buff change simply saw it as a win and played the damn game.

8 Likes

Side bar: when do you think thread is getting locked?

1 Like

What currently alive aspect of this game would bringing MoS kill though? I know you aren’t saying it’s an apples to apples comparison but there isn’t anything this would harm aside from the subjective feelings of some who don’t want it. But those same people don’t want many things that Blizzard have already implemented…so why not have this?

Also it seems you are implying that right clicking off a buff so you don’t use it is against the spirit of the game but going across the ocean to the other continent in game to be mind controlled by the opposing faction (many times being controlled by the same player on a second account) to get a buff that isn’t ordinarily available to one faction isn’t against the spirit of the game…and that seems a bit empty to me.

2 Likes

They gotta give everyone time to get through the 7 stages of grief…and there are too many in the anger and bargaining stage to lock it now.

BRING BACK STORMREND!

Bring it back!!!

4 Likes

Bring MoS back to classic era!!!

2 Likes

In the heart of tempests’ roar, where lightning cleaves the sky,
Your gaze, a beacon on the shore, where troubled waters lie.
Jaina, fair mage of timeless grace, your spirit fierce and true,
In storms that rage, in every place, my thoughts are filled with you.

When Stormwind’s banners proudly wave, and valor fills the air,
Your courage, steadfast and so brave, with brilliance beyond compare.
Through battles won and trials faced, your magic lights the way,
In every heart, your strength embraced, as dawn greets the new day.

The might of Stormwind’s noble lore, a blessing to behold,
Yet 'tis your spirit I adore, more precious than the gold.
For in your eyes, the storm finds peace, a calm within the squall,
A love that cannot know release, the deepest bond of all.

So here, beneath the starry sky, where dreams and hopes entwine,
Know that in my heart does lie a love, forever thine.
Through every tempest, every gale, through trials we’ll endure,
Together, steadfast, we’ll prevail, our love forever pure.

#BRINGBACKSTORMREND!

1 Like

I hope you all plan on taking some kind of Poll when considering patches to the era servers in the future, had you done that this time you would have found that the majority of daily classic era players welcomed the stormrend buff.

2 Likes

Stormrend was a major improvement to the QoL of Era. Only horde griefers or horde mains that have some sort of weird grudge wanted it gone.

5 Likes