Classic Era Patch Updates

i think the only way forward, as this thread has demonstrated, is to do an actual no changes server.

1 Like

WB mean nothing to me, nice try lumping and othering. You were upset and quit aka textbook crying on the forums.

I disagree. Equity is fine, the buff evened things out and made alliance acquisition easier. Should have been in the game prior to TBC ever being released. Pro MoS players have just as legit a gripe about something want in the game being removed just as much as you do with the inverse.

you made no argument with your poem lmao, you just were trolling.

Blizzard is free to do whatever they want with SOD and come up with fresh initiatives (with new servers)

But not on Era

Era remain as it isā€¦

Thats the only way we go forward

3 Likes

I brought up ā€œalivenessā€ because the example you stated as ā€œreminding me ofā€¦ā€ (the dungeon finder) was an example that you concluded, upon implementation killed said portion of the game. So I was replying that example you gave (the dungeon finder) was an inconsistent comparison in my mind because it wouldnā€™t inevitably kill any part of the game. And you must have seen some connection of implementation of MoS to some aspect of the game dying otherwise you wouldnā€™t have used that phrase IMO.

But what the heck do I know? We are typing our thoughts out on a video game forum which has to be in the Mount Rushmore of terrible places to have philosophical discussions of any kindā€¦but thatā€™s just what it sounded like you were saying.

Iā€™d like to believe that especially given that Aggrend went to the trouble to explain exactly how they meant to go forward to ensure seasonal changes didnā€™t bleed through to Era.

https://x.com/AggrendWoW/status/1722788157241147683

Thatā€™s the first of 7 tweets laying this out.
The awful thing that happened here was that with Blizzard radio silence players took that to mean an obvious SoD change was meant for Era. So because of illness/vacation/biblical plagues that prevented them from quickly clarifying then rectifying this oversight we now have this turmoil.

Yet another on the pile.
Please Blizzard. For the sake of your fans, of which dog help me I am still one, hold fast to your renewed commitment to this:

Checking in, even here in your own forum, wouldnā€™t go amiss once in a while.

4 Likes

so certain changes are okeyā€¦ but a change that stops people from having to work with the other faction or lvl a toon they dont want is fine?

Iā€™d love an explanation on how/why this is the line in the sand.

Please bring back the buff.

Itā€™s so refreshing to see soooo many names and guilds of actual ERA players in this thread asking for the buffs back.

A couple of friends in-game donā€™t want them and i respect that and weā€™ll agree to disagree.

The majority of ERA players I know loved the buffs and miss them dearly now.

I get a real kick out of summoning players all over Azeroth to make getting world buffs easier and to try and take the anxiety out of them. World buffs make me anxious. The counters, the timers, the pressure. A bit sad but iā€™m wired like that :slight_smile:

Please listen to the player base.

6 Likes

Did you tell me this beforehand? No. Textbook moving the goalposts and backpedaling. If it means nothing to you, you have no reason to reply to me.

That means its personal for some reason I dont care about. Save us both some time and just put me on ignore.

Thatā€™s a nice opinion you got there, would be a shame if someone destroyed it. Crying is this thread and Im on the opposite end of it in case you haven\t noticed.

So? It doesnā€™t make you anymore correct.

Yes, for Season of Discovery where this change was intended to go. Thats where the players who like massive QoL changes to the game can go.

No they donā€™t. They donā€™t have a leg to stand on which is why all you are seeing is basically a bunch of whining over it. The blue post atop this thread refutes you entirely.

That wont stop you of course but I could care less. The right move was made.

1 Like

They can play it on SOD lolā€¦what the hell are they whining here for.

Its over there.

2 Likes

you legit saying ā€œthrow away 5 years of workā€ to get one change in a school of many others.

That isnt what people want, if yaā€™ll want a museum buy an old server shard

If thats the way it is, then fine

But at least bring Stormrend back to hardcore, it is not classic era
we get 1-2 rends a week at max. The week of Stormrend helped out soo much with QOL in content where we need to min-max to the fullest to maintain raid safety,

2 Likes

i know for a fact blizzard forgets about hardcore all the time now

Every week a SoD patch went out we end up with server instability that gets people killed, and the second we get a good change it is taken away in a week. At least if servers keep getting wrecked causing partial raid wipes to server crashes give us something good to help out with server instability and weird mechanic interaction changes due to patches that no one outside of hardcore even notices because it is not the difference between life and death

most guilds on hardcore at this point have canceled tuesday and wednesday raids due to this issue

1 Like

Why were they expecting it in the first placeā€¦this was an accidential leak from SOD to Era during the updateā€¦which blizzard doesnt want to admit.

And it has been rectified

Case closed.

If thatā€™s the route weā€™re going, then fine.

But they also then need to revert all of the PvP changes. Take away all the shiny rank 14s that never would have made it without those changes.

Take out chronoboons.

Take out any fixes theyā€™ve made to quest glitches.

Thereā€™s a laundry list of things they need to revert if ā€œpureā€ is what youā€™re after.

2 Likes

Agreed. Revert PVP changes and take titles away.

1 Like

Bring Stormrend to hardcore !!

1 Like

These were good quality of life changes. Bad move reverting them. Iā€™ll be glad when my guild moves on from this classic BS

WoW Classic Era and Hardcore Patch Notes - Version 1.15.3 - WoW Classic / WoW Classic General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

patch notes say otherwise

only case that has been closed is blizzard needs to make yaā€™ll an actual museum to play in since that all i keep hearing against it.

Please make a no changes server. Let the rest of us have decent. Quality of life changes

5 Likes

This is a great idea. There is a big difference what helps a fresh realm versus one that is 5 years old

2 Likes