Classic Era Patch Updates

It’s pretty obvious when you all have the same guild tag then “1 post by this user” chimes in after.

4 Likes

Might of Stormwind shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword of the alliance. I am the watcher of the Stormwind. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Might of Stormwind, for this day and all the nights to come.

1 Like

Thats what the horde did last week on the addition of MoS. Same 20 people:480 posts.

1 Like

I could get 40+ likes saying it was a bad change. You can’t even muster more than 6 on your alts brigading from your guild. Farmed.

2 Likes

I have posted on my HC character already because someone went “YoU aRE ReTaIl PlaYeR DoN’T eveN PlAy ClaSSiC”. I have seen people from other HC guilds posts.

Yet you have people like this from team against stormrend

Who are either horde or don’t even raid and are not effected by this change. And telling alliance players who do actually raid this change was a bad thing. When every single alliance raider I know was very happy we no longer have to pay multiple subscriptions and spend a long time waiting for the opposite faction that is dead on our server to drop something.

This is not an aspect of Classic WoW that is what makes classic good.

The fact that this thread has even more replies against the reversion then the initial installation hate should tell you something. It was only the minority that were against the changes. Revert the revert. #changes

4 Likes

If I had come back from the game after 4 years and got MoS when turning in the armor quest at level 8, I would be puzzled, disappointed, and slightly angry. MoS cheapens Everlook and Tanaris teleporters.

Re-name it back to Rend. Put a quest turn-in in the Barrens. It drops in Barrens only for Ally side. Keep as much of the old spirit as you can. But make it more accessible to ally please.

1 Like

Please bring back Stormrend!

4 Likes

You realize “Classic era” isnt remotely close to what classic was like in 2005 right? Lol

There are probably 100 changes from the original game.

1 Like

This thread is loaded with the same 2/3 accounts talking to each other… its wild.

1 post, 8 posts, 3 posts, 2 posts, 6 posts.

Oh so entire characters waited for this very moment before talking on forums? Kekw.

3 Likes

Most of us never had a reason to be here until Blizzard messed up and added something for once that was good. Then took it away while keeping the new crappy Guild UI. I assure you there are more than 2-3 people posting here. Most of the folks who are posting are from Naxx level guilds that push parses rather than simps sitting in SW on their UBRS top tier gear. Some of you dont even play classic and are either Retail simps or Cata fans. SoD is trash so we dont want to go there. A quality of life improvement on a game most of us like is a good thing. If you want a pure 2005 server, find a private one. This game is no longer that 2005 version and wont be. So get over it and move on.

2 Likes

Yeah… you dont work in software development haha.

Not how it works lol

Blizzard do we all need to make YouTube accounts and post click bait videos about wanting STORMREND reinstated? Cause we’ll do it!

1 Like

Leave Era alone. WoW has THREE other flavors where all the changes everyone wants can happen: Seasonal (SoM/SoD), Progressive Classic (TBC, Wrath, Cataclysm and next MoP) and Current Retail (Dragonflight, MoP Remix, War Within, etc.)

7 Likes

The old Guild UI is just hidden. Most people who know about this use a Weak aura to swap the keybinds to open the hidden guild UI.

Its literally how software development can work…

2 Likes

Give us Stormrend back!

6 Likes

Its a bit more than “just hidden” … that WA does more than just unhide a hidden window lol.

The old Guild UI doesn’t work correctly. Officer Notes don’t function like they used to. They are now completely hidden from non-Officers, a change that has broken various addons that use Officer Notes to store values (in our guild’s example, they hold our EPGP values so they can be accessed in game by anyone at a moment’s notice, now broken).

2 Likes

You’re a long way from “no changes”…

5 Likes

Oh I agree, its not perfect. But its an unofficial version of it that shows the base foundations still exist.
This guy claims this is something thats against software development.
But its something that is very manageable to do. If it was actually supported.