Classic Era Patch Updates

now about tbcc…

3 Likes

I never said I was threatening to quit. I said others were.

I care about the PVP health between factions, and I don’t really care about logout skips as I’m not a gold farmer nor do I care about hardcore, sucks to see them go but it’s not going to nuke the population like rend would.

It’s already so easy for you as a PVEr, I don’t see why you care. I get rend every week regardless of “stormrend” being a thing at all and that’s with a bunch of thirsty PVPers that personally hate my guts chasing after me.

You are playing WoW on snooze mode and still complain.

2 Likes

Disagree lol.

2 Likes

Please give back Might of Stormwind, this is a really healthy change for the longevity of classic era servers

5 Likes

Kinda funny, who are all these folks with just a few posts and where were they last week?

2 Likes

I’m glad you started to come to a reasonable approach and walked back these changes. I still wished you’d go further and remove everything that has changed since the TBC/era split as that was the whole point of era. And then if you need to make changes going forward make it a community based/informed decision. Maybe I’ll resub my accounts I had cancelled because of all of the unwanted changes, but would like to see more done.

7 Likes

Playing the game, enjoying using the Might of Stormwind like a majority of players on the server. It’s a vocal minority that follow streamers and content creators that are not long term era players or raiders that want this change reverted

I wasn’t making a direct comparison. It was just an example to show that the players dont always know what is best for them as is the case here.

“Growth” is not what Classic Era exists for. SoD is for that kind of stuff.
Furthermore, there was no “give ally their own rend buff” feedback on the forums prior to it being implemented.

Era players weren’t warned. The feedback after the patch was get rid of it because it is not in line with Classic Era’s stated goals. Looks like Blizz agreed and good for them because they wouldn’t have been able to argue with the logic against them.

Of course you wouldn’t. It being easier is just a total coincidence right?

“Working as intended”.

People’s personal lives and individual personal situations should have zero bearing on game design.

There are people that play this game other reasons. Are they not entitled to their opinion?

It did cause some waves. A whole slew of people complained and quit, called Blizz on their bluff and got the changes reversed. Why? Because ally rend doesn’t belong in the game.

Like I said in another post, I wouldnt opposed to an “ally rend week” event every couple of months throughout the year but its not anything that deserves to be permanent.

6 Likes

Return Might of Stormwind!

4 Likes

Lmao at the alliance complaining now. Why not go play retail then??

1 Like

Day 482, Morning:
A cool, dewy wind blew up from Mulgore today. Along with it, a light rain from the Wailing Caverns oasis. It was a nice reprieve from the beating sun here in the desert lands this part is used to.

I found a carcass of a hyena just at the perimeter of town. The guards must have killed it.

I was able to grab a few undamaged claws off the beast and sell them to the local tanner for a few silver.

Maybe one day I can save enough money to buy my freedom.

I will write my mother today with a few bronze from my lot. Oh how I miss her. Always the best mushroom spread & moonberry juice. Such a soft warm smile.

Word is, Master will send his Paladin today. Paladin days are the worst. She bears a huge burning red axe & wears a ridiculous bright yellow suit. She almost looks like a banana. I don’t even know why she comes, but she always does.

When she challenges me, she smashes me again and again with the bloody axe til an awful curse befalls me. The dreaded curse. As soon as she notices it, she bashes me with a holy hammer & burns me with a shocks of damage like I’d never felt before.

I hope my cap works, nothing is worse than multiple visits from that wretched woman.

4 Likes

I don’t watch streamers or am influenced by them. Sometimes people just disagree on what they want out of games they love and there is no ulterior motive or reason other than just preference.

4 Likes

I said or raiders, which are the main people who benefit from being able to use the world buff

Please bring back Stormrend. It was a huge QoL for raiders on Hardcore. We get Warchiefs anyways, just takes a whole week to get.

3 Likes

Ah so you fall into the category of not playing the game but having a opinion about it.

Another day another reminder, turned a Blizzard win to a Blizzard L.

2 Likes

Please bring back Stormrend.

3 Likes

Play sod if you want changes, era should be kept as close as possible to the day they opened clones. It’s just not classic. These changes have come too late for era.

9 Likes

Legitimately all I see are people from 1 alliance guild spamming on alts that it was a mistake, while everywhere else it’s seen as a good removal. Unlucky go next go sod.

6 Likes

Sure buddy.