Classic Era Patch Updates

Eww… The curse of Blizzard strikes again. Stormrend 4 Ever baby!!

6 Likes

The post that I responded to? It’s been 5 years since Era’s release. And not all of the changes were even reverted. I don’t see you whining about those…? but go off homie

Lazarak has a point that many people defending these changes aren’t people that play much vanilla.

How would you feel if instead of alliance rend they did a 20% nerf to all bosses? Basically what is happening.

I am so happy and relieved to hear that you are rolling back these changes as well as explaining your thoughts behind them. I appreciate hearing your philosophy and mindset on this issue and I hope this will be a good reminder about what classic is all about.

3 Likes

Said people who dont play Classic any longer. Bring the boons back!

I’m still playing.

1 Like

Rend is not a 20% Nerf. All this does is make it not obnoxious for alliance players to get rend.

1 Like

Farming MC for the rest of you life. have fun!

Hi, as someone who was upset by these changes and asked for reverts, I can say it is not the fact that stormrend existed that was an issue, its the fact these changes clearly leaked from SoD, were not discussed with the community, and were sold as intentional AN ENTIRE DAY AFTER they had gone live.

Simply talk to us. Stormrend is a nice thing (though I worry about horde getting Rend since a lot of alliance players rolled horde to help), but can you at least discuss it with us?

Now you’ve created a situation it’s possibly off the table for good, all because you didn’t discuss it with the community like the pvp changes. (Which I was hesitant about and said so, but appreciated the fact you didn’t just drop it on us like a bird turd).

9 Likes

Hey! The revert worked! Really happy to see this.

4 Likes

By nature alliance has a much easier time in naxx.

Alliance melee getting rend makes it extra cheesy (about 20% nerf to encounters when rend is out).

Thus, giving alliance rend all the time is about a 20% nerf to all content while the buff is up.

If you want easier vanilla that’s fine, but it is already really easy no need to nerf the content imo.

3 Likes

Cleared Naxx MANY MANY times my friend…

You have fun playing Cata… you’re not even playing Era.

3 Likes

Overall, I am against Stormrend Buff. Here are a few points that make me feel this way.

• Horde is a far less popular choice as far as factions go. Horde has a comparably weaker economy, as a solid point of reference to the lower population.

• Rend being a normal buff for alliance devalues horde as a faction choice.

• Rend being “horde-exclusive” encourages people to make a character for the horde.

• Classic-Era should not have changes as a general principle, and certainly not without a real discussion.

• and even if there’s a discussion I don’t trust peers to vote en-masse to not simply make the game easier and easier

When Stormrend became a reality, rend drops basically stopped for a couple of days, and then gradually started to come back. without rend being a horde buff, Horde is liable to shrink to a dysfunctional state, where the only players are boosters and the handful of people who want to raid as horde.

1. Today 1:18am [Layer 1] Rend (Dropped 14 hours 56 minutes ago)
  2. Yesterday 10:41pm [Layer 1] Rend (Dropped 17 hours 28 minutes ago)
  3. Yesterday 7:00pm [Layer 1] Rend (Dropped 21 hours 9 minutes ago)
  4. Yesterday 6:10pm [Layer 1] Rend (Dropped 21 hours 59 minutes ago)
  5. Yesterday 6:08pm [Layer 1] Rend (Dropped 22 hours 1 minutes ago)
  6. Mon Jul 15 6:54am [Layer 0] Rend (Dropped 2 days 9 hours ago)
  7. Sun Jul 14 10:53pm [Layer 0] Rend (Dropped 2 days 17 hours ago)
  8. Sun Jul 14 6:00pm [Layer 0] Rend (Dropped 2 days 22 hours ago)
  9. Sun Jul 14 5:14pm [Layer 0] Rend (Dropped 2 days 22 hours ago)
  10. Sun Jul 14 4:16pm [Layer 0] Rend (Dropped 2 days 23 hours ago)
  11. Sun Jul 14 3:19pm [Layer 0] Rend (Dropped 3 days ago)
  12. Thu Jul 11 8:11am [Layer 0] Rend (Dropped 6 days 7 hours ago)
  13. Thu Jul 11 4:44am [Layer 0] Rend (Dropped 6 days 11 hours ago)
  14. Thu Jul 11 1:51am [Layer 0] Rend (Dropped 6 days 14 hours ago)
  15. Wed Jul 10 11:52pm [Layer 0] Rend (Dropped 6 days 16 hours ago)
6 Likes

Ok. So literally all you have to do there is just give us the “Guild” tab back. I don’t think anyone is going to be mad that the new retail guild thingy exists so long as they don’t ever have to look at it if they don’t want to.

As for reversing all that stuff, thank you. Now if you could revert the changes to the PvP system that would also be just great.

Also, reverting the UI changes to all the menu options would be nice.

5 Likes

A preferred meta shouldn’t be a means to ignore other advantages horde has. I’ve played both and would much rather be horde for PvP due to insane racials. Also, Windfury is pretty sick.

Please dedicate one server at least per expansion. I stopped playing at classic wrath. I would like to take my time and explore all that the creators have built in ever xpac before moving onto the next and i do not rush. Is it possible to honor what has been developed in this way? You are up to cata and admittedly do not know anything in the logistics of making this happen but individual classic, classic BC, classic wrath, classic cata really doesn’t seem like it would be unobtainable. And you could track where people are and what they liked and why they are staying. The data collection possibilities are limitless. You could take that info and use it in developing retail around what the players like.
Anyway, just an opinion.

2 Likes

Wow you are fkin stupid.

1 Like

Why does this company always cater to the vocal minority? EVERYONE was happy about MoS being in the game. It meant literally HOURS less every week spent chasing down buffs. I don’t understand why you would listen to a few streamers over your player base. I truly don’t get it. You have made countless changes to this game, the no changes crowd have no leg to stand on. Please for the sake of raider sanity and for the sake of your shareholders, add Might of Stormwind back to the game. I can say with certainty that you will lose more players to this terrible change.

12 Likes

Windfury is nice… for melee.

Paladin Buffs benefit everyone.

A 2min CC break is not the same as a 12s complete immunity to damage, or layered freedom, or bop.

Only reason to play Horde cause windfury is fun. But you accept you’re playing the overall weaker faction.

1 Like