Class Tuning Incoming -- February 28

With scheduled weekly maintenance (early tomorrow, February 28 in this region), we’re making targeted tuning adjustments to several classes.

Classes

Death Knight

• Blood
    • All damaging abilities increased by 3%.

Paladin

• Holy
    • Light of Dawn healing increased by 10%
  • Protection
    • Greater Judgment’s bonus to your next Holy Power ability against the afflicted target increased to 40% (was 20%).
    • Hammer of Wrath damage increased by 30%
    • Hammer of the Righteous damage increased by 20%

Shaman

• Elemental
    • Lightning Bolt damage increased by 10% for Elemental only. Does not apply to PvP.
    • Lava Burst damage increased by 6% for Elemental only. Does not apply to PvP.
    • Earth Shock damage increased by 6%. Does not apply to PvP.
    • Elemental Blast damage increased by 6% for Elemental only. Does not apply to PvP.
    • Icefury damage increased by 80%.
    • Icefury causes Frost Shock to generate 14 Maelstrom (up from 8).
    • Frost Shock damage increased by 15% for Elemental only.
  • Developers’ notes: These changes are aimed at improving Elemental single target damage. We also felt that Icefury should deal more damage so that the spell is not solely focused on the follow-up Frost Shocks.

Player versus Player

Items

• Gladiator’s Distinction’ Stamina provided by the bonus increased by 40%
  • Developers’ notes: Our goal for PvP pacing is for it to be fast, while leaving time for players to react; we’ve continued to see that overall PvP pacing has been faster than we would like, especially as players have been gaining increased offensive power through tier set acquisition, so we’re adjusting the stamina bonus from Gladiator’s Distinction to help address this.

Hunter

• Improved Kill Shot now increases Kill Shot’s critical strike damage by 15% in PvP Combat (was 25%)
  • Marksmanship
    • Razor Fragments increases Kill Shot’s damage by 40% in PvP Combat (was 50%).
    • Arcane Shot damage increased by 45% in PvP Combat (was 30%).
    • Chimaera Shot damage increased by 45% in PvP Combat (was 30%).
  • Developers’ notes: Kill Shot critical strikes have been particularly deadly for Hunters, so we’re reducing the value of Improved Kill Shot. Marksmanship will be receiving several other adjustments to shift more of their damage profile into their base rotation.

Monk

• Brewmaster
    • Incendiary Breath (PvP Talent) now increases the Radius and Damage of Breath of Fire by 30% (was 100%).
  • Developers’ notes: Incendiary Breath’s radius increase has been difficult to read as a player and Brewmaster damage has been higher than we would like.
  • Windwalker
    • Touch of Karma now redirects 105% of absorbed damage in PvP Combat (was 70%).
  • Developers’ notes: Touch of Karma’s redirect damage should be a strong deterrent to targeting a Monk while it’s active, and we feel that it was too weak previously.

Rogue

• Assassination
    • Hemotoxin (PvP Talent) healing reduction effect reduced to 30% (was 35%).
  • Developers’ notes: We felt that the Healing reduction effect from Hemotoxic was too strong, especially as it is easy to keep applied.
  • Outlaw
    • Dispatch damage increased by 15% in PvP Combat.
  • Developers’ notes: Outlaw has been underperforming, so we’re increasing their finisher damage.

Shaman

• Enhancement
    • Converging Storms increases Stormstrike damage by 10% per stack in PvP Combat was 25%).
    • Lava Lash damage increased by 15% in PvP Combat.
    • Stormstrike damage increased by 50% in PvP Combat (was increased by 30%).
    • Windstrike damage increased by 50% in PvP Combat (was increased by 30%).
  • Developers’ notes: We’re looking to increase Enhancement’s consistent damage while reducing its high-end burst potential.

Warrior

• Fury
    • Rampage damage increased by 15% in PvP combat.
    • Execute damage increased by 10% in PvP combat. Arms and Protection damage unchanged.
  • Developers’ notes: Fury Warriors’ offensive pressure has been notably lower than we would like, so we’re increasing Rampage and Execute damage.
10 Likes

nice maybe ill play fury for pvp i havent touched it yet this xpac

3 Likes

didn’t touch windwalker. I approve.

It’s a lot of fun in PVP.

I always feel like my abilities are meaningful playing fury in pvp

2 Likes

no single guardian changes wow I’m “surprised”

10 Likes

This I have to see if it works out on my pallys .

1 Like

I’m confused. I didn’t think Shaman were allowed to get buffs.

14 Likes

Why is the best M+ tank, prot pally, getting more buffs?

Everyone wanted prot war nerfs so badly but no one says anything when prot pally is more OP than war ever was. Especially with coming 10.7 changes.

3 Likes

So Paladin gets buffed despite already being top tier. Blood gets a token damage buff that won’t put them on par with other tanks’ damage or address their lack of survivability in high keys. BRM, Guardian, and DH are ignored completely.

Sounds like Blizzard, alright.

10 Likes

paladins ftw

3 Likes

“buff what’s already viable and ignore what needs to be buffed” this is the quote for this class tuning tomorrow

5 Likes

The PvP adjustments make sense. I appreciate the fact that they include their reasoning behind the changes.

1 Like

10.0.7 I guess.

Just an Idea, give guardian druids some love against magic, not hard. Make us not so squish especially on the egg fight. I mean yall gave paladins the best tank in game even more buffs imagine

3 Likes

Sweet!

1 Like

I waited for 10.0.5 guardian changes the same way I’m waiting for 10.0.7 trust me nothing is changing

3 Likes

Elemental shaman needed a buff, what are you even saying?

2 Likes

If you want to live in a world of negativity voluntarily, then thats your choice I guess.

1 Like

I’m done with this game enjoy your buffs ,one day maybe I’ll be able cross the bridge of buffs lol

3 Likes

Glad to see Elemental get some tuning! I’d like to see some talent changes too but I won’t complain about a positive!

6 Likes

Outlaw rogue is dogwater right now in pve, dispatch hits like a wet noodle make this buff overall.

4 Likes