Class Tuning Coming June 28

Can Blizz then give us a timeline? After 4 weeks no more nerfs allowed or something?

Wouldn’t want to hurt anyones feelings for fotm swapping after all.

In line meaning what exactly, ww is in a great spot? What is it you wish exactly? Part of having fun in the game is doing big dam you want everyone to just do garbage damage or something? Many classes at the moment when played optimally can perform quite well for the general populous of the game but the sad reality is many people in the game would rather press 2 buttons and be the biggest damage and not learn how to play a class better

A major talking point in this community has been that Blizzard needs to do a better job of respecting player’s time. A massive nerf that wouldn’t just shift WHO is the best dps, but also what content is even remotely possible at the END of a season after people have dumped months into these characters is not respecting player’s time.

The fact that you, and many other people in this thread are excited that people will have effectively wasted MONTHS of their lives gearing characters that are effectively dead, is really disturbing.

1 Like

This isn’t a scorched earth option. I have zero idea why folks are reacting like its the end of the world if two specs don’t do 40% more damage than the others.

Oh no I invested 2 months of time into a FOTM class and now I deal the same damage as everyone else?!?! How could this happen?! No one cares, we just want to play at a reasonable balance.

5 Likes

As long as the keys you get are random it can’t be just run your own key up, as not everyone has unlimited time to run keys throughout the week. during the push weeks you may not get the keys you need to time. If the answer is run your own key than the keys should not be random.

1 Like

Is the time respected of the 21 other dps specs that may as well have taken season 3 off?

4 Likes

Thank you for listening to community feedback on the timing of these nerfs. However I’d like to follow up with an additional question. Will the Season 4 nerfs to Destro be as described in the original blue post?

I think that a change that targets Destro’s aoe damage without changing how the tier set works would be preferable, making a class clunkier in order to nerf them is always undesirable. The change also damages their single target significantly enough that the purposed buffs don’t compensate for it. I’d suggest nerfs to Rain of Fire and Blasphemy damage numbers.

I’ll also take this chance to advocate for buffing some mid tier and underperforming specs.

1 Like

Funny how the implication being that independent of this nerf people at the top would be sitting rating anyways (impossible to reach if destro nerfed, and oh if not nerfed then my team/I will be able to overtake those at the top).

If you are not close now you are not likely to make it even before nerfs. Stop deluding yourself and others. Early bird gets the worm and that entails having a good rating lead throughout the season. Starting late is just procrastinators lying to themselves.

1 Like

Make changes faster. This is so not okay to be letting happen. You can’t make everyone go months with being 30-40% less powerful than these top specs. It’s so unbelieveably unfun you guys need to be WAYYY more agile with these changes.

3 Likes

It should be unacceptable that you left warlocks/survival hunters in their current state for 2 months. Nobody would care if they were the top specs if the difference was minimal but it’s the fact that they were so far ahead for so long that made everyone mad.

There will always be a meta and that is fine, but players shouldn’t have to wait 2 months to see a nerf (or buffs) to their spec.

4 Likes

In regards to what exactly like jfc dude you’re reaching pretty far there, outside the tippy top you can, and have always been able to for the most part, play anything you want so to put this absolutely plainly for you; wtf is your point and argument here because it sounds like you take issue with the fact there can be a best option for people to take

Because if you believe nerfing Destro and Survival is going to get you invited to keys - you’re seriously misunderstanding how meta works. The next class to replace Destro as the next FOTM class will just be the new one demanded by those pug 15s you already cannot get into. And you won’t be happy with it until it’s your class rotated to the front.

Again - if this patch had buffed other classes to compensate the damage loss needed to push high keys it would be perfectly fine. But instead they only opted to nerf.

2 Likes

Every single spec in the game is capable of doing up to a +28 in this game. And the number of people that are doing that level of content is actually miniscule and those that WANT to push that content, geared these classes up. If people took season 3 off b/c their class wasn’t meta I can guarantee you they are clowning, because the reality is, the “meta” doesn’t actually impact them.

2 Likes

The vast majority of M+ players play at a level where the meta is not the biggest block to their success.

So they would be on an even playing field with all the other players?

It’s a case of too little too late is why. We’re 4 months into 9.2 and Season 4 is probably 2-3 months away. Why massively nerf a spec now when you had a chance to do it in 9.2.5? They dropped the ball - no reason to punish the players now for it.

All the top teams in the world are stacking Survival Locks & Destro Locks and if they both get nerfed than all their work and effort gets thrown out the window. You basically have to hit the restart button and figure out what specs fill the gap.

You are not even with those people regardless of whatever you choose. Like someone should do alt checking and see how many exist at the top. And people are struggling just to get one.

It’s not stupid. At a certain point, the meta is the meta. At a certain point, you get into weird situations where you have “Exploit Early Exploit Often” issue pop-up if you do nerf where it becomes impossible to do what was possible yesterday, creating a sort of “FOMO” for being able to actually push.

It completely undermines any sense of fairness with the M+ push. If you take a week off you may have been scammed out of a whole season if you missed the chance to exploit it when it existed.

To compare it to your Raid, imagine if Blizzard made a change without warning that if you haven’t already attained CE, too bad so sad the tier is over you for. You can keep playing the raid but you’re barred from earning CE. That would be completely frustrating and potentially just end your interest in wanting to play, if Blizzard could pull this kind of move on you.

Heck, look at how Raiders react to news of the tier ending even when they do get an entire month of warning. So don’t tell me that this situation would be fine.

Folks really out here thinking that nerfing top specs will suddenly bring balance to a player defined meta. :clown_face:

2 Likes

Nice another month of two surv/destro and whoever is their best friend playing a 17k overall spec.

Oh no I know how the meta works. I’ll let you know how I know too.

I have a hunter, I get invited to 20+ keys all they time. Once they see I’m BM they kick me. Invited because hunter, kicked because not surv. This is the community.

2 Likes