Class Tuning Coming June 28

Yeah if you run necro and malefic wrath its really good but personally i dont like having to manage 5 dots and lose mobility without soul shape.

I think fury ended up getting an accumulated 18% aura buffs and still ended up in the bottom quarter of specs in Castle Nathria. A blind, deaf monkey could balance the game better than whatever garbage dump Blizzard pulled the current set of devs out of.

1 Like

no need to insult elemental shamans, you did not receive the same nerf that elemental shamans received

• elemental shamans were not nerfed because our aoe was leagues ahead of others
  • elemental shamans received a nerf to storm elemental because the playstyle is not fun according to players feedback, despite a thread with hundreds of responses with players saying otherwise
    when elemental was nerfed, there was nothing given compared to destruction, a spec who’s still going to be ahead of many specs in m+
1 Like

Their single target is trash
They’re melee
Bomb is a cone attack
FDK and WW Monk still beat them at their only niche

Yes, they were OP but what you fail to see is downgrading them disrupts people. UPGRADING the other classes so that they are as powerful to destro locks pre-nerf would make people happy instead.

EDIT: for instance, look at ret paladin. damage is middle of the pack in raid, but low in M+. the set bonus feeds into high haste, but also clogs your rotation. while the set bonus of warlocks is cool and adds a whole new animation etc the set bonus for ret seems like it was just slapped on

I don’t know what goes on internally at Blizzard for some classes to be totally ignored like this while others get very tweaked but it is very bad for this game

1 Like

Nah, thinking about this now I think that this nerf, despite being extremely warranted, is horribly mistimed and shouldn’t go through for the rest of Season 3.

Destro is egregiously overpowered and I think anyone who pretends otherwise should probably be relentlessly insulted, but a nerf of this caliber is way, way too heavy-handed for the middle of the M+ season when people are still trying to do their title push. Basically any Warlock in the ~3630 range here in NA/OCE is completely locked into their title but it’ll be much harder for many Warlocks (and players who run with Warlocks) to make that push after tomorrow. Possible, sure, but harder.

Y’all either need to get into the habit of doing extremely regular balancing changes or doing none at all in the middle of patches, because this spec deserved nerfs as early as Mythic week 3 or 4, didn’t deserve a 5% aura buff in the slightest, and is now getting a >=40% AoE nerf three and a half months into the M+ season after many, many teams have already taken advantage of pre-nerf Destro.

2 Likes

We need way more consistency in tuning passes. While destro nerfs are necessary, it seems so inconsistent to nerf them on the back half of a season. In the past Blizzard has let things like 8.3 Fire and 7.3 WW be absolutely busted for the remainder of the season/expac.

The moral of this story is adding a reward for top 0.1% is stupid because you can’t make changes without people flipping out about how they specially re-rolled fotm to chase a title and now can’t.

1 Like

Yeah if you run with a group of friends, i pug all my keys and destro is pretty much bottom spec now in mythic plus and raiding so i doubt it and i don’t feel like sitting for hours in Q waiting.

I pugged the vast majority of my keys. Ran my key because I would never get invited because of destro / surv / ww fotm. Welcome to being a regular a spec mate.

2 Likes

Well they should get another. I play blood quite a bit, its hilariously imbalanced compared to other tank specs in keys.

Other tanks still can compete and you can’t really nerf what makes them really good (their tier set) much more before it just spiral way down like they wanted to do at first. There’s also more than just keys for pve balance.

Is this what competing is to you?

you could 100% nerf blood dks outside 4pc to balance them. there dps really isn’t the issue, their self healing is stupidly strong and drw negates mechanics like necrotic. this is what makes blood so imbalance because it can survive with very little throughput from your healer, and you gain another 6-10k dps since healer is free’d up.

I have seen numbers and they aren’t that bad. Warriors are still strong just people don’t really like the current playstyle. Blood dk self healing is their bread and butter and has always shined in dungeons, that’s mostly a class design issue if we go there.

And to be fair healer dps is a way bigger problem than tank balance.

1 Like

Top 200 keys, 95% run a blood dk. How is that not bad? Gdruid is guttered, prot is guttered. pally, monk, vdh are still far behind. this copium at its finest.

1 Like

Considering those are the same 5 or 6 DKs doing those extremely high keys that maybe a few dozen people in the world are even remotely capable of doing and you’re seeing both Brewmaster and Vengeance doing +30 keys (which are accessible by maybe a few dozen more players worldwide), I’d say those two are competing decently well.

Yes, Blood DK is definitely the best tank right now as far as M+ goes, but if they nerfed Blood the way they were originally going to (which would’ve made the spec unplayable in M+) all those DK players would be playing Brewmaster or Vengeance right now instead and you’d have the same complaint about a different tank spec.

top +25 keys have decent balance, you cant expect the very top of M+ to be perfectly balanced. That’s like saying the world first race is stacking class, duh yea they will. This isn’t a perfectly balanced game, and if 99.9% of keys have good diversity that’s a win.

25s aren’t “extremely high”. Blood dk having 40%+ percent representation among 6 different specs is a problem.

then don’t nerf the way they were orginally going to? there are other ways to nerf blood to bring it in line with other tanks.

1 Like

What then if you don’t have 4p? Have a miserable experience?

For tanks that isn’t so bad. when it’s over 60% there’s problems. Tank players play a lot of alts because there’s only 1 tank in m+ or 2 in raids. If other tanks weren’t played at all that also would be a problem but they’re played and viable.

LOL 40%+ rep at 25+ isn’t decent balance. Kind of hilarious you defend this. Check any other level of keys and blood isn’t nearly as represented. Why? Because other tanks actually can survive.

God forbid you require any healing from your healer. Must be miserable.

2 Likes

They tried in season 1 of Shadowlands to make it so tanks would require heavy healing, it wasn’t fun and tanks just kited.

At 15+ and up blood dks aren’t even top played tanks, so I don’t feel it’s ridiculous to say what I am saying. i feel you just have a personnal vendetta.

If they were that would be an even bigger issue.