Class tree being reworked

Neigh.

(Nay)

4 Likes

:)) Thought so… just wanted to see how it would be if it did.

Definitely, they should put Divine Steed baseline at least, we’re the only melee class that doesn’t have a baseline mobility ability.

Also: Seasoned Warhorse is now a passive learned at level 40.

What if i don’t pick Divine Steed? A passive now does nothing.
Blizz really likes putting stuff in there that can do nothing. Like the Radiant Glory + Divine Wrath combo.

2 Likes

Avenging wrath is 2 minutes for all 3 specs but retri has a talent to reduce it to 1 minute, shared with crusade.

1 Like

While what you’re saying is true, do keep in mind that haste loses a lot of value once you cap the reduction on your gcd. Crit has no such caps.

Losing the 4% haste will feel a little iffy in early gear, but it will help our scaling. Haste will stay good for longer and crit is one of those stats that the more of it you have the better it gets.

Given ret’s history of poor scaling the devs are doing a good job of trying to fix that. We must give credit where its due.

1 Like

Look, i just want to get to 30%+ haste faster without having to take from the other stats so much.
I hate sub 30% haste gameplay, it feels slow to me. Almost like lagging.

There is also the 4% crit talent, they could have replaced the crit from it with haste and i’d be happy.

Quiestion. If Aw and crusade considered seperate skills now, would crusade in this version still allow HoW usage???

Good question, i presume it’s still baked in, it would be awkward if it isn’t. lol

I feel you. Its all about the delayed gratification. The gcd reduction cap is 33% (which is why you like your haste at about 30%). Taking 4% haste out of the talents means that we can stack an additional 4% haste before its value falls off a cliff. This is a good change even if it doesn’t feel like it right now.

Its just like how auto crit talents feel good (especially early), but they cause the class to scale poorly with crit on gear. Same concept. This is a good change for ret’s scaling in the long run.

So, we now have 4 point for steed which is not what I hoped for.
But some of those talents are now actually choices that are on par with other class tree.

The fact that they removed soo much throughput means we actually have the points to play with those as well so it removes some of the pain.

I think Spurs could easily be made into a choice on divine steed itself, it doesn’t need to be a separate talent.

Steed of liberty is something alot of people asked for, specifically the PVPers, I don’t know that it matters if BoF can still be stolen/dispelled but it’s progress and a choice.

I think it’s still work with unbound, only it will target a nearby ally automatically which is not optimal. (I think I read that somewhere in the notes yesterday).

2 Likes

That haste you are stacking to make up for it, is taken from other stats.
Ret has always liked a mix of stats generally, when you stack one, the others rise and the one stacked falls.

Now since you are stealing from other stats to stack haste high enough to be enjoyable, you are losing DPS, since you’re not placing it on which one of the others is higher at the time.
It’s a dps loss in the end, not a scaling change.

GCD reduction cap is not at 33%, the cap is at 0.75, 33% is about 1 second gcd.

Let’s say the talent never existed, and they added it today.
It would mean you can now afford to spend 4% equivalent haste stat into other stats, without having your haste fall.
So we basically lost 4% worth of stats.

Also the diminishing returns thresholds are as follows:

• From 0 to 30%, there’s no penalty.
  • From 30% to 39%, there’s a 10% penalty.
  • From 39% to 47%, there’s a 20% penalty.
  • From 47% to 54%, there’s a 30% penalty.
  • From 54% to 66%, there’s a 40% penalty.
  • From 66% to 126%, there’s a 50% penalty.

If your GCD is 1.5 seconds, then you only get off 40 abilities per minute.
If you had a 1 second gcd, how many abilities could you fit into 1 minute. 60, right?

40>60 is a 50% increase in APM. 33% haste equals 50% more abilties?

Also, if you had a 0.75 sec GCD. You could get off 80 abilities per minute.

40>80 is a 100% increase in APM. 50% haste equals 100% more abilites?

Something is not adding up.

We sure it does work like this? - GCD/1.X = new GCD

Where X is your haste.

So I played around with the new class tree on Wowhead and I gotta say- I love it. Removing some throughput nodes and moving Divine Purpose and Divine Toll higher in the tree feels fantastic. There is so much choice now. You can actually pick up the stuff you want instead of just the stuff you need.

I no longer feel like I have to choose between BoP and BoF. I no longer have to stare longingly at utility talents that I would love to take but can’t risk the loss of throughput. Its so good.

If the gcd cap is .75 and not a flat one second then that’s news to me. If true then I retract my previous statement as it is incorrect. I could have sworn it was 1 second.

Edit to add- I looked it up and you are correct. That was updated in Legion (I didn’t play Legion) and I missed it. I stand corrected. /tipshat

3 Likes

It’s definitely 0.75 as opposed to agi specs like rogues,feral that have 1 sec gcd baseline and not modified by haste.

It’s not 33% at 1 sec, i was wrong about that, at 38% (popped drums now) it’s 1.08 gcd.
At 20.81% that i have now it’s 1.24 gcd.

Strange how drums increased my haste from 20 to 38%… says it’s 15%, maybe some multiplicative shenanigans with Seal of Alacrity occurs?
I’ll check again when the debuff wears off and then once more without Seal of Alacrity and just drums. If it indeed buffs drums(so BL/heroism too probably) as well, then it’s more than 4% haste in the long run lost.

1 Like

Drums is probably multiplicative with your displayed haste. 1.2x1.15=1.38.

38.93 from 33.59 after i remove seal of alacrity from my talents… during it anyway.

16.16% is my base haste now 20.81% after i chose Seal of Alacrity, so i gain 4.65% haste not just 4%.
So the 4% haste is multiplicative as i lost 5.34% haste during drums as well.

Yup… seems we’re losing more than 4% haste here.

1 Like

Interesting. I never would have guessed. Thanks for taking the time to test it.

1 Like

If i were to guess, it could be 4% haste added and then an extra 4% from what haste rating i have… i’d have to do the math for that, but that may be it.

So is Ret dmg going to stay about same or go up or down, not how you feel but can someone say what is going to happen to the dps cause I’m confused and not sure lol?

1 Like

These changes are a long way out and don’t include any kind of balance changes. None of us can answer this, and even if we could it will likely change between then and now.

1 Like

LoD/Light of Dawn needs a massive buff like 300% as come on 150-200k if lucky at 590 is garbage…its not even 10% health of a tank…