Class tree being reworked

20th Anniversary Update PTR Development Notes

Thank god finally!

And the best thing is, there’s almost no throughput in it so we have choice on how to help our group.

Very nice!

6 Likes

It’s bleh. Why did they have to remove Alacrity. My haste! :frowning:

2 Likes

Who cares?
We were balanced around it, it’s just gonna comeback elsewhere baseline instead of as a pointless “choice”.

4 Likes

It’s still bad. No talents to increase damage, which is desperately needed for Holy.

I mean but they can put that damage straight into the holy tree or base spells so overall getting all dps increases out of the class tree is a win

6 Likes

No it’s not.
You don’t need talent that increase damage in the class tree, the more you have to worst off you are with your options because you’re forced to picked them.

You’re better off having none and them buffing the baseline abilities, for the CLASS TREE.
Exactly like it’s written in the dev note…

Shield of the Righteous damage increased by 10%.

Developer’s note: We’re moving some power back into Word of Glory and Shield of the Righteous baseline with the removal of the Strength of Conviction talent.

They leave things low because they know those talents exists.

8 Likes

wait a second they buffed the dawn damage increase lol, its now 20% and can stack. idk how to feel about that

2 Likes

No I think they just merged the additional buff Seal of the order gave.

What’s your thoughts on Steed of Liberty?

Also I like the new spellbreaker pvp talent

2 Likes

Nobody get your hopes up, this new tree is way too good to go live. Or, worse, it goes live and we get what we got after our last rework: ground into the dirt.

3 Likes

A moment of silence for Touch of Light. You will be missed by many.

Edit: why does Eye for an Eye not work on magic? I mean, that’s the only thing it worked on in the past.

Wow patch notes so soon? I took a look at a first few and they seem too good to be true, seems more like April Fools patch notes than real. :joy:

Gonna read them all carefully now.

Edit:
Ok… i like most of the changes. But got some questions on where the new talents are located, how the tree looks.

Also AW has crit increase by default, but AW:Might is now gone… does that mean that AW now is either 2 minutes with Crusade/default or 30 seconds with Radiant Glory?
Because if so, this sucks, i liked the 1 minute profile as Final Reckoning and Divine Toll were also 1 minute cd’s. :confused:

I’ve checked the 11.0.2 ptr and the changes aren’t there, guess they’ll be in a future build.
Oh… if you use the 11.0.0 ptr it is actually the 11.0.5 ptr!

Edit2:

We have Auras of the Resolute as baseline, along with Hammer of Wrath and Greater Judgment.
Blessing of Freedom is now not free, since it was replaced with Auras of the Resolute, we can now pick it as a choice node with Steed of Liberty.

1 Like

might is still 1minute

Yeah i see on the PTR it’s now simply called Avenging Wrath, with 1 min cd.
It’s strange though… it’s also not updated fully, for example Consecrated Ground is in both trees now. :))

Throughput in the class tree is one of those things you think you want, but you actually don’t.

6 Likes

Is it? The talent calc shows it at 2 minutes for 11.0.5. Maybe I’m just blind and dumb though.

Can someone explain to me the math behind Sacred Strength, like i am 5. Divine Purpose works out to be about 11% increased spender damage, so why is Sacred Strength just 2%? Is the opportunity cost really that big?

3 Likes

In-game on the PTR (select the 11.0.0 PTR, it’s actually the 0.5 one) it’s simply a choice node between Avenging Wrath(1 min) and Crusade (2 mins). Avenging Wrath from the class tree was moved to the ret tree and merged with AW: Might, AW: Might was deleted basically.

It’s due to used GCD with DP most likely. I’m sure it’ll be mathed out which is the clear winner in ST and AOE.
But in general i don’t really like the 2% spender dmg/healing… what’s the point? It’s just a boring increase.

4 Likes

Thanks boss, you’re a legend.

2 Likes

You can see it’s also in the updated tree on wowhead(the movement of the ability i mean, not the cooldown, it says 2 mins there):

I like how we can take Consecrated Ground for M+/PVP without giving up DPS talents. When we don’t need that for M+ weeks for example we can put it someplace else like in Turn Evil for when we need to CC the ghosts.

3 Likes