Class Balance is Terrible in High End M+

I think you are missing the Rdruid, since we can heal them but we are dependent/regular when it comes to healing a damage boom (also our dps is lower than that of the paladin)

This is why you see 100, 000 Warlocks, 100, 000 DK’s, 100, 000 Shaman’s, 10, 000 Hunters, 10, 000 mages, 10, 000 rogues. 1 Boomkin, 1 Havoc DH and that 1 Prot warrior in apps. Because they like to play around like this.

1 Like

Not the point of the topic. The point is class balance is terrible, why can’t I play the spec I want?

2 Likes

You can! Players are timing +20s on every single spec in the game. Absolutely nothing is stopping you. Some classes will always be better than others at AOE - thus perform better in dungeons. It’s impossible to balance good single target and AOE damage and make everyone have equal throughput in all situations. It’s not feasible.

The hunters I’ve played with this expac have mostly just played the spec that was best suited for the given situation. That meant a lot of raid fights as BM, some as MM, some as survi, keys as survi this season, etc, etc.

coming from a fotm dk lol you have no idea what you are talking about, try pugging as a non fotm spec then you’ll know what I’m talking about

Try doing this week 20+ De Other Side as a Protection Warrior and see how fun that is…

Straight up shows how trash Protection Warriors are, just on the first two pulls.

2 Likes

Yeah, that is the meta “Swing” everybody gets kicked in the face at least once.

A guildie took a break from tanking because of how hard it was healing him in raid. That is him doing everything he should including mechanics. Magic just tears up prot warriors.

DOS is just straight up a terrible key on Fortified Weeks, especially for Prot Warriors.

Far too much magic damage, too large of pulls, little counterplay.

(Specific pulls and mobs NEED to be adjusted)

This is a level 44 forum alt. I main warrior, alt mage and hunter.

They’re trying to train the competitive end of the playerbase to reroll at the drop of the dime. You’re not supposed to become attached to your character, your class, or spec. You are merely a vessel.

THIS.

Get straight up WHACKED back to rez point. LMAO!

True but the skill threshold is higher as a prot warrior. He’d also need more help from his party members and they’d need to know this to make it work.

Because throughout whole BFA it was the best tank. I think it is fair to have another expansion of it being at the tier of blood dk in BFA.

Not in +20s, maybe in bleeding edge keys. +20s can be timed with multiple full group wipes and no planned route so long as the dps are competent.

That misses the point of the complaint. It’s like saying if you don’t like the way your class feels now compared to the past, just go play FOTM.

1 Like

So while I often think the person you’re debating with is… Too condescending about raiders, in this case they aren’t wrong.

Maybe dismissive is a better word, but it’s irrelevant to their point.

… Raid tanking isn’t hard, especially once you’re geared.

Hardest part on many fights is paying attention for 7 minutes.

2 Likes

Prot Warriors have had the short stick the entire expansion and I have no clue why Blizzard hasn’t done anything about them. Out of all the tanks they literally don’t offer anything unique and they’re like you said - not fun to heal.

The problem with DPS specs is that Survival Hunters & Demo Locks have been grossly overtuned the entire season. People largely follow the FOMO when it comes to classes and a lot of the strong specs from S2 were nerfed a lot.

I have no clue how the metas going to change in S4 if tier sets are removed from the equation.

On the healer department… Disc Priests do less damage and healing than Holy Priests while requiring a high skill cap to play properly. Mistweaver and Resto Druids also do half the damage of a Holy Priest or Resto Shaman… and Holy Paladins went from #1 on damage to #3.

3 Likes

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Those 3 specs are fine for healing. It’s the damage output that causes a problem in high keys.