Class Balance is Terrible in High End M+

Trying to push 20+ onward on my Protection Warrior has been hell. The tank balance feels way off, and many healers comment how horrible it is to heal Protection Warrior vs Monk/DK/Bear.

I’ve also seen how bad Discipline Priest, Holy Paladin and Mistweaver Monk is for healing and the low participation from those classes in Mythic +

I’m sure I don’t have to get in detail for you about how many unviable DPS specs there are right now as well.

Why can’t we do better with the class tuning to make it more enjoyable and bring parity to end game balance?

Just because someone can push low 20’s and get 3K as a Protection Warrior or Mistweaver Monk doesn’t mean its enjoyable or that they should. It justs feel terrible right now.

20 Likes

If it feels terrible than why are you playing a prot warrior? Just play another tank

1 Like

Prot Warrior is from what I’m aware highly skill dependent.
The best Prot Warriors are outperforming the best bears and Prot Pallies currently, but people juat look at the average where Warrior isn’t looking as good.

I’d argue the issue with tanks is a lot less significant than the balance issue with dps though.

4 Likes

Some might argue that 3k is a prestige rating and is meant to be very difficult to get, some classes will obviously struggle more than others.

But, I will say that some the tier sets or legendaries for some classes are just way above the choices for some others, atleast that’s how it feels to me.

But part of this is also class design not meshing perfectly with M+, Warriors are solid tanks but can struggle to hold threat if they have to kite, sometimes making choices between using rage to generate threat or use a defensive, although the tier set and Reprisal legendary help bigly with this.

Warrior tanks are currently a little more…active in a way than other tanks and this can make it harder for some people to play them in difficult content, sometimes the best performing class for a person is the one that is right for your mindset and skill.

2 Likes

Class balance is terrible regardless through out the game.

8 Likes

Cause a lot of people have mains they do everything with and switching mains feels punishing, especially when rep isn’t account wide unfortunately.

8 Likes

Ehh this dude has had all xpac to know prot warrior is garbage lmao

2 Likes

Well to be fair, this is really nothing new. It typically is really bad with a few stand outs each season.

That’s on blizzard than. Why should someone feel they have to abandon a toon they’ve played for years just because blizzard is trash at balance even when they have 15 plus years of experience so theres no excuse for why they cant?

I alt prot war and it doesn’t feel too bad. It could use a good increase to rage generation though to help with the resource starving it suffers from.

7 Likes

Been playing this main since 2007, and like other people said, I shouldn’t have to switch to another class for harder content because they can’t and WON’T balance their damn game.

9 Likes

I mean you can get to 3k on the prot warrior its def doable but thats your choice to play it when you prolly have more fun on a different tank. You got it easy anyways a 20 halls and streets are easy

my thoughts for the entire expansion trying to push m+ as bm hunter.

Tanks always switch class for harder content, that’s what happen when the role is so important and that you only got a few. If you don’t want to, feel free and like you said many have pushed even if it’s harder. At least right now all tanks feel a bit op, even warriors so it really isn’t as bad. (I’M also seeing you’re playing kyrian when necrolord is the play I think)

If you pug, people will always want the meta and M+ will never have a perfect parity meta for the highest end, it can’t with how scaling works and with how classes/specs are so different and should be different as homogenization would be more boring.

While warriors look behind, they also shine in different situation like in the raid for dps or bring different utility like battle shout. And are also less played because of their insane apm requirement and I think generally just less tanks enjoy warriors.

1 Like

Sorry to inform you but even if they wanted to fix it, and they don’t, they wouldn’t know how.

2 Likes

Prot Warrior more than any other tank has the most die-hards because it was the OG tank.

Most of the tanks who primarily play the role in raid do so because it is an easy role to play in a raid. Raid tank is the easiest role in the entire game. It is very Resident-Sleeper. Meanwhile, Warrior are designed to have actual active gameplay as part of keeping mitigation up though, and that doesn’t resonate well with those who play raid-only tank. Warrior is actually a bad fit for a lot of the people who want to play a tank - it doesn’t fit the low APM / high BMI playstyle that many of the boomers who approach the class are looking for.

On the topic specifically on M+ though, Prot Warriors are doing fine. There are actually more Prot Warriors above the Rank 1 cut-off than there are Bears in the Americas region. BDK are obviously meta but there will always be a meta.

2 Likes

Yea raid easy, I’ve seen that argument again an again and I’ll keep calling it out for what it is a pile of poop. If you don’t like it it’s fine, other people do.

Prot warriors have shown many times that unlike other tanks they had more difficulties to adapt to different situations like when magic damage is high. Which leaded throught the years to less and less prot warriors tanks because it doesn’t feel good to get totally destroyed in heavy magic dmg situations.

You know, just because I don’t want Carpal Tunnel from playing Necrolord Protection Warrior, doesn’t mean I’m lazy or low skill.

It’s a badly designed class

Ask Limit Maximus. He’s your master right? He’ll tell you that raid tanking is only hard in the first few weeks of the raid.

Limit maximus is the biggest troll in wow. If you can’t see that, no one can save you.

What is the easiest role in raid?

1 Like