Class Balance is Terrible in High End M+

For a lot of people once they have the experience and skill level the content they’ll do will be more easy. If you have years of tanking behind you for sure you won’t feel it much. But I have seen too many bad tanks and people not understand how positioning and usage of cds is so important and how raid calling as a tank could make a difference that I still would disagree with you.

Warrior is definitely lacking, but +20’s are absolutely doable.

I ran some keys on War, DK, and Pally last night and the strength of DK over the other two is absolutely insane - this is coming from a long time prot warrior who swapped classes this season.

Go DK, you’ll have simply a much better time. It’s also extremely fun and prevents you from relying so heavily on your healer.

Blizzard doesn’t do balance.
Blizzard does nerf fun.

At least you can acknowledge you’ve hit your skill cap.

Players being less skiled or new doesn’t mean the role is hard.

What is there to call unless you’re the raid lead? I communicate with my co-tank when necessary and call for externals when I need one. Other than that I keep my mouth shut because I’m thankfully not the raid lead.

Now, I do think tanking in pugs where no one is in voice and you can’t communicate with the other tank is more difficult. Communication is key.

I don’t really feel you addressed my points.
If tanking was easy you wouldn’t be struggling to find a tank, a good tank, in so many content, the thing is floor level for tank is way higher than dps for a lot. And there are still fights that can be harder on a tank than a dps. Raid leading is kinda expected to a point from a tank, but not required. Just in M+ you can see that as you’re expected to lead, that’s how it works.

Clearly the answer is that Blizzard needs to harden up the soft cap to keep people from playing in the sand trap and thinking it’s golf. Lowering the timer, increasing HP only favors high damage burst DPS specs.

I think the best way to do that may be to continue to add affixes beyond M+10.

At M+ 16, 21, and 26 additional affixes from the generic pool should be applied.

So that at M+26 you’d have to struggle through Tyrannical, Bolstering, Explosive, Encrypted, Bursting, and Storming.

Organized groups have a surplus of people who want to raid tank.

I’ve never had a problem Pugging a tank on dps alts for keys. I don’t see the struggle. I recognize people say it exists, but haven’t experienced it myaelf.

Tanking isn’t hard. The role DOES have a spotlight on it. I’ll agree to that. When I kame a mistake everyone knows it was me. When one of fifteen dps make a mistake its not necessarily as immediately obvious.

That’s just part of the role.

I’ve tanked for 16 years, and can count the number of times ive raid led on one hand.

Yes, in m+ the tank has to know the route because they’re the one executing it. It’s equally important for the dps to know the route though.

There’s not a lot of “leading” in keys. Not like in raid. Tanks aren’t micromanagimg positioning or dps cds, etc.

This is, I fear, the actual truth. Rotating FOTM increases odds of people buying tokens or boosts.

I considered going for 3k this season but I just don’t enjoy MM or Survival… to try as BM I know I’d constantly be at the bottom of the dps and feel like an unnecessary hindrance to my groups… guess it’s just not content for me right now

Even this is kind of stupid considering that the disc priest, paladin and MW need to deal damage to heal (or well just the Disc priest, since the others generate power to heal and the other triggers certain healing passives with attacks).

What surprised me and disappointed me about this expansion is the simple fact that now the meta (at least as a healer) is from the easiest healer (mean meta) to the hardest (ceasing to be a meta until last place). And to be honest… I don’t see it as fun since I expected a difficulty for each healer, not having two meta which is very easy for their healing and dps rotation (it’s true, forget that these were buffed, they gave them legendary and broken pacts)

I just got out of mist 15.

Pulled 13.5k overall, so maybe 12.7 if I would have been recording. Not the best but still good enough to be in the top 100 list for feral 15 mists on WCL.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/25#metric=dps&partition=3&class=Druid&bracket=15&boss=12290&spec=Feral

Vengeance tank pulled off 19k over all.

The tank beat a top 100 feral run by 6k.

Was also top DPS for the run and top DPS for two of three bosses.

WTF Blizz.

1 Like

Its a hit or miss with the dps. Competent DPS are almost all done with 20s by this point. Also takes atleast 2 decent dps to do it! Then yes, multiple wipes but even so if the tank keeps dying then people definitely get tilted or talk smack. How many competent DPS are patient and nice as well? That’s another thing to talk about. If they pull their weights, they don’t care about class balance. BS flies all over the place.

Wow, that’s crazy. So is Veng. the new DPS spec.

1 Like

Know in a couple weeks when there’s enough data.

1 Like

Nobody is stopping you….

I played Ret almost all of BFA when it was terrible and I was doing 18-19s (it was my alt). You really can play whatever you want.

The only way that is actually happening is if you giga pulled the first few packs and wall pulled a bunch as well as pulling big after the second boss. Even if that scenario was true and you pulled 13.5k overall…that would actually be terrible dps on your part not the spec.

Pretty much all the top logs of vengeance DH tanks have them around the 10k mark. Even when you look at quick keys with no damage carries (looking at 60k group overall)

Considering its bolstering week …none of this actually happened. If it did you would have some evidence of it. Considering how you love to bring up logs.

If we go by my definition of high end m+ I don’t think you have the rating to talk about 25s.

If we go by your definition then the class balancing below 20s are not as terrible as you claimed.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/25#metric=dps&partition=3&class=DemonHunter&bracket=15&boss=12290&spec=Vengeance

And all those runs are from before the buff Vengeance just got.

And no I didn’t log it but here’s the run.

It’s the 16 minute Mist 15 that was 3 chested. Warrior pulled just a tad less than the tank, 18.5k IIRC, and the BM hunter was pulling about the same as the healer.

Said this a couple posts later, I don’t know if this was an outlier or a new trend. Time will tell.

Do I need to be running logs to show up? (I know seems like an obvious question but I don’t log).