Clasp of unity not available to alts although main already completed campaign?

The Memory is account wide, how is that not alt friendly?
The belt is from the campaign as has been known for quite a while.
Being able to craft the 2nd Legendary on any character after unlocking it once sounds pretty friendly to me.
Wowhead guides are not infallible, the writer made a mistake based on PTR info.

*edit - just reread the guide, it never says the belt on the vendor is account wide either.
Here’s some copy-paste from it direclty:

How Double Legendaries Work in Patch 9.2: Eternity’s End

In Patch 9.2, players can unlock the ability to equip two Legendary items instead of just one. Players will unlock this feature after completing Chapter 7 which becomes available on March 22nd .

Once this feature unlocks, one Legendary can be the Legendary of your choice, and the other must be your Covenant Legendary .

There are two ways to equip your Covenant Legendary in tandem with another Legendary:

• You can purchase a Legendary Belt which is locked at item level 265.
  • You can craft the Legendary in the usual way using Memory of Unity up to item level 291. To purchase this, you need to achieve a Revered reputation with the Enlightened.
    and this:
    The ability to use a Unity Legendary in addition to another Legendary is unlocked by finishing Chapter 7 of the Zereth Mortis campaign. This is an account-wide unlock.

Zero words in the guide say the belt is unlocked account wide, only the memory.

3 Likes

Incorrect. This has already been covered throughout the entire topic. I’d suggest reading it.

1 Like

They’re going to complain no matter what.

2 Likes

Why do they even allow you to buy the belt for flux if you need revered on an alt? The campaign is shorter than the rep grind - it’s just dumb and annoying to be redo. Thankfully I’m crafting 291 on all my characters and not playing any budget alts this patch so far so it doesn’t majorly impact me.

9.2.5 feature most likely.

I’m disgusted that I can’t wear the legendary belt around my head like an 80s sweatband.

4 Likes

I was promised that the new legendary would shoot yogurt streams at people and play the benny hill theme.

1 Like

PTR is not always an indication of the live state of the game. They make certain things much easier to obtain for testing purposes.

I saw other people in the forums recently saying you might be able to have a non-unity covenant legendary equipped with a second regular legendary because it was like that on PTR, but I’m doubting it’s like that today on live. If it is, I’d love to know.

1 Like

PTR

Upcoming Change to Double Legendary Acquisition in Patch 9.2 - Available Week 3 of Mythic

posted 2022/01/21 at 6:55 PM by Squishei

Blizzard has posted their thoughts on double legendaries in Patch 9.2, covering upcoming changes to acquisition and why there’s a delay in acquiring the double legendary at all!

Quick summary:

• Double Legendaries will no longer require Reputation to unlock the Legendary Belt, instead unlocking it automatically at the end of Chapter 7

• The Memory of Unity pattern will still be account-wide, require Revered reputation and now also require the completion of Chapter 7.

3 Likes

Everything you have listed is for a specific set of players not all not everyone wants to pve in ZM. and lego belt chapter 4 and currency? not working

There are certainly “alt-friendly” features, a number of which were added later after a lot of people quit over the fact that the original implementation of many of these was not remotely alt-friendly.

But that’s not what I’m referring to at all. What good does it do to have a number of “alt catch up” “features” when there are roadblocks or bottlenecks intentionally designed to keep people from actually catching up their alts?

All the “#feelsbadman” features still in the game still feel bad. This is deliberate on the part of the devs, not an accident.

And look at some of those amazing catch up features they’ve given alts, and try to imagine what a new or returning player is still getting smacked with. “What? You came back late in the expansion and expected to be permitted to play the game? How could you be so stupid to think you should be permitted to play as the marketing says you will be able to? How entitled can people get? You bought a game that has been around for 18 years without doing hundreds of hours of research first? Just grind chores for the rest of the expansion!”

1 Like

People keep saying the campaign isn’t long; I didn’t time myself but it felt pretty long to me. I checked YouTube to see if anyone recorded themselves doing the entire campaign and I found one video that was almost 4 hours long; if you take off the first three chapters it only shaves off about an hour, so 3 hours of work for every alt. I would rather run Torghast for 3 hours than do the campaign

IMO you shouldn’t have to replay the story unless you can make decisions that change what happens, like in games like Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors or to some extent RPGs like Deus Ex, etc. In the ZM campaign the same thing is going to happen every time

The biggest one I mentioned is probably the biggest benefit to players who don’t want to PVE in ZM, which is that one character unocks the unity memory and every alt gets access to a double legendary via the Runecarver without ever needing to set foot in the zone.

While I disagree about your previous mention that it is not alt-friendly (which is fine if we have different opinions about it, I just wanted to share things that I’ve found useful personally), I agree with you here. Every expansion adds a lot of convoluted systems. I’ve been giving a friend who is relatively new to the game (came back in 9.1) a few suggestions here and there, and he hasn’t really been taking advantage of any of the systems the game offers because they just didn’t know or understand. I’m grateful that I have the capacity to research and learn a lot of this on my own now, but early on coming back to the game in BFA for me was overwhelming and I dreaded what every new patch would bring. Even then, the guides can still not entirely answer all of my questions, or may remain unclear. But maybe I just have become accustomed to the change and enjoy the challenge of learning the new systems now once I’ve played in the patch for a bit.

Then you should have thought of that back in January when they made these changes you failed to read:

2 Likes

THey were going to have to pve in ZM for it no matter what .

Yea, its stupid. Refuse to do the frickin campaign more than once. Guess I’ll just not play another patch sadly.

1 Like

WOW some people are NEVER happy. It’s a FREE LEGENDARY for doing a few short quests or you can buy a piece and craft it like every other legendary.

3 Likes

maybe schools should teach reading comprehension again instead of liberal ideals…

1 Like

if you don’t want to do the campaign on alts, just craft it.

the forums today are absolutely hilarious in the number of people popping up who seemingly can’t understand simple concepts that have been explained to us for months.

6 Likes

Then get the rep up to revered buy the memory for 500 flux , take it to the Runecarver and put it on any piece you want for any toon you have.

I think schools may be teaching the wrong critical theory .

I’m thinking maybe they need to be teaching either critical thinking or critical reading theory

2 Likes