Clarification on the broadcast software rule

I want to have two accounts logged in at the same time and will be manually controlling them myself using a keyboard and mouse. (i.e. no broadcast software)

One thing I want to do is to use a tool that helps setup my monitor called “Joe Mulitiboxer”

I was wondering if there are any concerns or issues using such things to manipulate my monitor layout. Will the WoW system see this and give me a ban?

Thanks!

Do not use ANY software to help you. None. Especially ones set up to assist with multiboxing.

Blizzard does not allow anything at all to streamline the process.

6 Likes

This is very likely to land you in hot water, yes.

This might be a helpful read.

3 Likes

So if I were to instead use my Nvidia drivers/software to create monitor zones, which is the same thing this does, that is going to get me banned?

“”"
Joe Multiboxer is programmable multiboxing software, with a system for addons (called Agents – it works because your agent does it for you) …

“”"

I can’t tell you exactly what will get you banned and neither will Blizzard. They don’t make that software and won’t ever approve of anything they don’t personally control.

The only information you will get is https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24258

Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our End User License Agreement. Please note, however, that use of all software or hardware mechanisms used to mirror commands to multiple World of Warcraft accounts at the same time, or to automate or streamline multiboxing in any way may result in account penalties.

For more information on our stance about input broadcasting software, see our official forum post.

What you are talking about is streamling it - making it easier using outside software. I personally would not do that.

7 Likes

Fair enough. Sounds like they are just going with a blanket statement of “if it helps/streamlines” it is out.

That is how I read it. If someone wanted to protect their account the best thing to do is avoid anything at all that helps.

7 Likes

Pretty much, yes.

Blame the botters, legit mb players got caught up in the battle

As I read it, alt tab between instances of the game or click on each active window tonswitch between instances

3 Likes

Hover to activate a window (windows accessibility setting) is ok as well since it’s manually swapping windows with your mouse pointer. It’s how I box but in fairness I have to have this setting enabled on my desktop for stuff outside of wow otherwise I wouldn’t be able to function on my desktop lol. I send video to hacks@blizzard.com to report bots while multiboxing and manually switching windows in this way.